Broken grey drain from 5.0TA bathroom - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-06-2023, 01:35 PM   #1

Trailer: 2019 5 TA
Broken grey drain from 5.0TA bathroom

I have a 2019 5.0 and have leaking from the top of the grey tank when full or travelling half full.
I already replaced the fitting for the kitchen sink drain to the tank that had sheared off but it’s still leaking most likely at the bathroom tank fitting. It’s very tight in there and I am not sure where to start. Also where were you able to put the rubber coupler that is recommended to prevent this problem in future.
Greg and Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 11:31 AM   #2

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0
5.0 Bathroom plumbing

Our 2021 5.0 came from ETI with a flexible Fernco coupling on the gray tank outlet on the dump valve side as well as support for the 1-1/2" ABS pipe. We haven't had any problems with any of the other connections. We almost always stay at campgrounds with dump stations and always travel with empty (or nearly) gray tank. Thanks to tdf-Texas for the complete description of the undersink DWV plumbing for the HepVo valve, we took out our S trap and installed mainly SJ fittings. I glued a stub into the ABS hub x SJ adapter and used a Fernco flexible coupling to the stub from the tank. It looked like a 2" hole was drilled in the floor, but the connection was off center, so I used a narrow chisel to enlarge the hole on the tight side. Photos below. I took a quick look at the bathroom drain side and it looks very tight. I don't think there is enough room for a HepVo valve, and like Greg and Kathy I would greatly appreciate any advice.
Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20231006_191733264.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	178.1 KB
ID:	71019

Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20231006_191752327.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	207.6 KB
ID:	71020
Thanks,
Old 10-09-2023, 01:03 PM   #3

Trailer: 2019 5 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by bristol5.0 View Post
Our 2021 5.0 came from ETI with a flexible Fernco coupling on the gray tank outlet on the dump valve side as well as support for the 1-1/2" ABS pipe. We haven't had any problems with any of the other connections. We almost always stay at campgrounds with dump stations and always travel with empty (or nearly) gray tank. Thanks to tdf-Texas for the complete description of the undersink DWV plumbing for the HepVo valve, we took out our S trap and installed mainly SJ fittings. I glued a stub into the ABS hub x SJ adapter and used a Fernco flexible coupling to the stub from the tank. It looked like a 2" hole was drilled in the floor, but the connection was off center, so I used a narrow chisel to enlarge the hole on the tight side. Photos below. I took a quick look at the bathroom drain side and it looks very tight. I don't think there is enough room for a HepVo valve, and like Greg and Kathy I would greatly appreciate any advice.
Attachment 71019

Attachment 71020
Thanks,
What about the bathroom drain to grey tank. Where did they put the rubber coupling?
Greg and Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 04:14 PM   #4

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0
There doesn't seem to be room for a flex coupling or a HepVo valve. My 5.0 is at a storage site and I need to make an accurate inspection. Perhaps Fernco 90 elbows could be used, but I was hoping someone has already tackled this mod.