Drawer closers?? - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-07-2020, 09:42 AM   #1

Trailer: 2019 Escape-21C toad by 2017 Titan XD Crew Cab V8 4x4
Drawer closers??

Not a whine, just facts. Due to the covid-19 mess, we were not able to get to Chilliwack for orientation. WE picked up the new E21C in Phoenix and camped our way home for 3 weeks. WE got no orientatioon and of course got no opportunity to "test" things out at the factory.

WE have found a couple of irritating things so far..
1. WE bought the optional "awning type" tinted, flip-out windows (our Casita had sliders and could not be open at all in a rain)..and they work well...but the 'optional bath window' installed...was of the 'old type' in which only the lower half opened..ours leaked in any rain, and looked odd ...bks all other windows were the modern, tinted, awning types. WE tried several ways to fix it, but nothing worked. ETI has sent us a new window as of last week and we will install it.

2. The two drawers in the "kitchen" area were set up so that the closer mechanisms did not meet ..ie the little "tabs" on the drawer bottom did not jam into the little roller-keepers. WE have finally been able to successfully bend the tabs, so that the drawer closers work..but:
the LOWER of those 2 drawers seems to stop or "hang-up" about 4" from closing and several folks have looked at it w/o seeing why this happens. Any thoughts?
3. the two doors on the big cabinet [UNDER the sink] do not meet properly..., tho they at least stay closed . Is there a safe way to re-align these 2 doors?

4. we did manage to install our TV mount correctly, but I still have one ?? Where do y'all store the TV while traveling? . I don't thnk it should ride in the flexing/swiveling mount, even tho it is only a light-weight 19" TV/DVD player.!

Yes, these seem to be niggling problems, and probablty would have been seen by us during an orientation..but daggone it..for north of $41,000 Canadian, they should at least be fixable!
Hollybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 10:22 AM   #2

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
They are fixable, by the owner. If you can not relocate a drawer catch, perhaps you should not go camping until able to do so at home. No Escape is perfect, they are made by humans who can and make mistakes. Other than the leaking window, your unit is probably 99.9% perfect. The optional tv is up to the owner, not Escape. I live mine on the mount all the time. Others remove and carry on the bed or in the original box...........your choice. But overall I'd say enjoy it while you can and good luck.
Old 09-07-2020, 11:14 AM   #3

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollybee View Post
1. WE bought the optional "awning type" tinted, flip-out windows (our Casita had sliders and could not be open at all in a rain)..and they work well...but the 'optional bath window' installed...was of the 'old type' in which only the lower half opened..[

4. we did manage to install our TV mount correctly, but I still have one ?? Where do y'all store the TV while traveling? . I don't thnk it should ride in the flexing/swiveling mount, even tho it is only a light-weight 19" TV/DVD player.!

:
Folks tend to think because they ordered sliders or awning type windows that they will all be identical. They're not. For example, on my 21C with framed sliders, the front window is single glazed with a rock guard, the door window is frameless and single glazed and the bathroom window is bottom half opening awning which hits the awning arm. That's the way it is, that's what's available to ETI. The only window I really don't like is the door window, I don't like the frameless look, looks unfinished to me.

Our 24" TV stays full time on the arm. Even in Baja and the Alaska hwy. Never any problem. It does have a restraining strap while traveling.

Ron
Attached Thumbnails
PC270004_resize.jpg  
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 12:34 PM   #4
Bea

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollybee View Post
Not a whine, just facts. Due to the covid-19 mess, we were not able to get to Chilliwack for orientation. WE picked up the new E21C in Phoenix and camped our way home for 3 weeks. WE got no orientatioon and of course got no opportunity to "test" things out at the factory.

Hi Hollybee, Just so you know, I think we learned more from the orientation videos than the info given at our orientation. They did a good job but it was a lot to take in at once...and there wasn't much time to 'test things out' so you are in good company here...we're all in the same 'tweaking' boat! IMHO I think every new RV needs a little tweaking...regardless of brand. At least that's been the case for us.

WE have found a couple of irritating things so far..
1. WE bought the optional "awning type" tinted, flip-out windows (our Casita had sliders and could not be open at all in a rain)..and they work well...but the 'optional bath window' installed...was of the 'old type' in which only the lower half opened..ours leaked in any rain, and looked odd ...bks all other windows were the modern, tinted, awning types. WE tried several ways to fix it, but nothing worked. ETI has sent us a new window as of last week and we will install it.

Kudos to ETI for sending you a new window. If you do the work yourself, please post and share.

2. The two drawers in the "kitchen" area were set up so that the closer mechanisms did not meet ..ie the little "tabs" on the drawer bottom did not jam into the little roller-keepers. WE have finally been able to successfully bend the tabs, so that the drawer closers work..but:
the LOWER of those 2 drawers seems to stop or "hang-up" about 4" from closing and several folks have looked at it w/o seeing why this happens. Any thoughts?
3. the two doors on the big cabinet [UNDER the sink] do not meet properly..., tho they at least stay closed . Is there a safe way to re-align these 2 doors?

Do you have pictures for 2 and 3? Even if I saw pictures I don't think I can help, but there are others here who might be able to give you better direction with pictures for reference. Sending these pics to ETI's parts and service might also yield good advice.

Maybe this thread will give you a little inspiration? https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f...tml#post346945
Yes, these seem to be niggling problems, and probablty would have been seen by us during an orientation (I doubt it) ..but daggone it..for north of $41,000 Canadian, they should at least be fixable! (Agreed!)
Hope this helps! -Bea
Bea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 12:49 PM   #5

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
I don't like the frameless windows either. (Still waiting for my window.)
Attached Thumbnails
frameless.jpg  
Old 09-07-2020, 12:57 PM   #6

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
Folks tend to think because they ordered sliders or awning type windows that they will all be identical. They're not. For example, on my 21C with framed sliders, the front window is single glazed with a rock guard, the door window is frameless and single glazed and the bathroom window is bottom half opening awning which hits the awning arm. That's the way it is, that's what's available to ETI. The only window I really don't like is the door window, I don't like the frameless look, looks unfinished to me.

Our 24" TV stays full time on the arm. Even in Baja and the Alaska hwy. Never any problem. It does have a restraining strap while traveling.

Ron
We also do not take down our TV when traveling
I devised a velcro strap hanger system that hold the TV in place while traveling
No issues to date
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 02:36 PM   #7

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post
That totally frameless is a nice clean look.
Old 09-07-2020, 04:09 PM   #8

Trailer: 2018 5.0TA 'Liberty'
Looks like a windowless frame to me?
HarleyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 04:36 PM   #9

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post
I was wondering what was going on with the window. Did the other company get back to you with a quote?

Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
That totally frameless is a nice clean look.
Nice clean look to you, unfinished edge of glass sticking out to me. When I had a similar situation with acrylic windows in the first boat that I built I hand made aluminum frames to give them a "finished" look.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 05:56 PM   #10

Trailer: 2016 21' Classic
24" Samsung is stored between the drivers side bench seat and the wall there. I put a 6" piece of pool noodle on the bottom and the right side to prevent any bouncing around and place the back cushion against it. No problems at all with this setup. Safe and secure. Easy access and easy storing. Enjoy.
titanizer is offline   Reply With Quote