Failure of Solar Panel Retention - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2017, 08:30 AM   #1

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
Thanks Jim,
Update Garlic is drying, peppers are doing well in the heat. Zucks are coming along.
Totally off topic. Ban this veggie pusher, I say!

Unless of course he shares his produce.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 08-03-2017, 09:07 AM   #2

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0 TA
I often wonder when reading these type of threads (about the improper installation of something or another) how well built the massed-produced trailers are? I have no idea, just wondered if they are safe from the time they leave the factory until their end of life.

I thought about Casita and Scamp, and how they only make minor changes to their trailer, using the same design for years or decades, thinking that was a wise way to build their trailers, but then remembered I have read about them having issues themselves, despite that (although we never had any with our Casita other than rivets failing).

I personally believe that what appeals to a lot of people who buy Escapes is their ever-evolving "improvements" to the trailers, be it components or actual design. This could be a good thing or could be problematic, depending on the nature of the "improvement".

I can imagine Reace and Tammy must be compiling an extensive list of things that work or went wrong with various changes they have tried. The trick I would assume, is keeping enough of the design from iteration to iteration to not compromise the things that work. I haven't heard of them making the same mistake repeatedly?

That being said, I once again must credit what Jim Bennett told said in the unveiling of the new design thread when I was bumming that the 2017 style trailers were coming out just shortly after we were getting ours. He wisely said, "who knows? Some people might actually like the old style better". In our case, it appears that Escape had come up with a mature, problem free design by the time they quit making the classics. We have not been contacted about any issue, and so far, I have not read anything here that has panicked me.

That's just my thoughts.
Old 08-03-2017, 11:24 AM   #3

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Totally off topic. Ban this veggie pusher, I say!

Unless of course he shares his produce.
They mentioned Caribbean Poutine on the food network channel last night. The chef who prepared it won.
Old 08-03-2017, 11:40 AM   #4

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfandrews View Post
They mentioned Caribbean Poutine on the food network channel last night. The chef who prepared it won.
Sounds delish.......
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Closed Thread