Jack block - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-19-2023, 02:40 PM   #1

Trailer: None
Jack block

Hi, picking up our 5.0 the end of March, trying to get everything purchased that we need. Question what jack block would you recommend? Thanks
Sullivanmaria75@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2023, 03:06 PM   #2

Trailer: "Side Effect" 2022 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sullivanmaria75@gmail.com View Post
Hi, picking up our 5.0 the end of March, trying to get everything purchased that we need. Question what jack block would you recommend? Thanks
I use a treated 6" X 6" about 12" long. Works perfect.
WillyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2023, 03:40 PM   #3

Trailer: 2022 5.0 TA
I picked up some of these Lynx leveler blocks, in addition to making some wood blocks. These work great when the ground is wet.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...0?ie=UTF8&th=1
splitting_lanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2023, 04:05 PM   #4

Trailer: 5.0
So correct me if I’m wrong the jack blocks are used to extend the front legs correct? It seems there should be some kind of sliding mechanism like you see on other fifth wheels where you can extend the legs anybody know why this is not the case? I’ve seen those blocks on the bottom of, the legs and they kind of look a little weird. Do you have to put those on every time or leave them on permanently?
Grasshog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2023, 04:12 PM   #5
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grasshog View Post
So correct me if I’m wrong the jack blocks are used to extend the front legs correct? It seems there should be some kind of sliding mechanism like you see on other fifth wheels where you can extend the legs anybody know why this is not the case? I’ve seen those blocks on the bottom of, the legs and they kind of look a little weird. Do you have to put those on every time or leave them on permanently?
Are you talking about legs that drop and then you put a pin in to lock the length? I remember rear stabilizers like that and seemed like one side was always a half a hole off.

The blocks are not permanent. They have two purposes 1) shorten the length of the legs (and thereby the time to stabilize) and they keep the legs out of the dirt/sand. Which is good because you don't want to retract the legs with a bunch of dirt on them. But they are NOT necessary. In most cases the legs are long enough to level the trailer.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2023, 05:23 PM   #6

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
Here's another alternative if you like to tinker in the workshop (<link to post with DIY details)

I don't always need the lift but I use 'em all the time because they reduce the up / down time on the slooow jacks. Just slip 'em on the jack pads before lowering and they always 'land' in the perfect spot.
Old 02-19-2023, 07:47 PM   #7
Site Team

Trailer: 2023 Escape 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sullivanmaria75@gmail.com View Post
We use these

https://www.amazon.com/ANDERSEN-Acce...944448914&th=1

They're light and work well but a bit pricey.
SageRpod is offline   Reply With Quote