Lagun table disappointment - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-06-2023, 06:19 PM   #21

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
I've been pleased with an original Laguna mount that I installed in 2017. It supports a teak folding table that is just within the size & weight limits, and I have had to replace the plastic bearings twice over the 5 years of use. I suspect it would hold up far better with a lighter table.

I have a link to the installation on my trailer modification page. (scroll down)
Old 11-06-2023, 06:34 PM   #22

Trailer: 2023 E19
Take a look at this video from a couple of years ago. Starting at about 5:40, the Lagun mount is demonstrated while installed in a 21NE.

It might serve to help understand if the issues you are experiencing are inherent to the large table size...or perhaps unique to the specific hardware installed or how it is adjusted in your trailer.

Either way, I would encourage you to reach out to ETI Customer Service if there something that you are not happy with.
Selkirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2023, 07:47 PM   #23

Trailer: 2023 21'Ne F2 (on order)
We did send an email to ETI but no reply yet. Here’s a video that was on the ETI website. Check out how the table is obviously not level. It’s even worse in the long direction. Oh well.
Crows Nest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2023, 08:37 PM   #24

Trailer: 2021 E19 (Padawan)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crows Nest View Post
Frankly, I think ETI should recommend against the Lagun with a large table such as ours. It’s just too hard to use. Don’t get me wrong, we think ETI makes a quality product but offering data regarding ease of use and suitability is just good customer service. There’s a few other issues on our brand new $50k (USD) trailer that, while not major, shouldn’t IMHO be there at all: sand and grit coming through closed bathroom vent while driving; sliding windows in kitchen and bathroom that tip and wobble when opening and closing; luggage hatch locks that are nearly impossible to insert a key or turn once you have finally got the key in; a sewer hose with fitting on only one end. And don’t get me started on the kitchen drawers that are a wrestling match to open or close ��. No big deal but not what we were expecting based on ETI’s reputation.
Lagun recommends 30” x 40” and 50lbs max. The 21NE table is listed as 34.5” x 40.5” on their website.
Vent, windows, and locks are third party vendors.
Bath vent: some have put a thicker weatherstrip in. The manufacture seal has not worked for some, although ours has been fine.
The sliding windows are that way due to the radius. To fix that will require selecting different windows.
The locks are often tight when new, and typically loosen with lube and use.
The factory sewer hose is inexpensive, and made that way. I prefer an end, but there are places where the plain end actually works better.
Have you contacted ETI about these concerns?
Old 11-07-2023, 12:03 AM   #25

Trailer: 2024 Escape 23 on order, 2022 RAM 1500 5.7L Laramie
This problem doesn’t track with our experience. We converted to a solid teak marine table with two wings that weighs considerably more than the standard 21C table. We never had a hint of instability.

I even added a mounting plate between the table base and the aluminum base. The Lagun will handle a lot more table weight than any table that Escape offers.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1215.jpg   FullSizeRender.jpg   IMG_1210.jpg  
bborzell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2023, 10:17 AM   #26

Trailer: 2023 21'Ne F2 (on order)
Beautiful table. I don’t know what to say other than ours isn’t working. The table sags and flexes in both directions even with the levers as tight as possible.
Attached Thumbnails
Screenshot 2023-11-07 at 8.10.35 AM.jpg  
Crows Nest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2023, 10:53 AM   #27

Quote:
Beautiful table. I don’t know what to say other than ours isn’t working. The table sags and flexes in both directions even with the levers as tight as possible.
If the hardware is all snugged down, then the only other option that I can think of is the condition of the bushing (s) surrounding the posts. If it is worth the effort, you might consider removing the table from the aluminum plate and see it you can work the plate within the bushing. There should not be lateral movement. Also wondering if the bushings might have a crack.
Old 11-07-2023, 11:07 AM   #28

Trailer: 2023 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by bborzell View Post
If the hardware is all snugged down, then the only other option that I can think of is the condition of the bushing (s) surrounding the posts. If it is worth the effort, you might consider removing the table from the aluminum plate and see it you can work the plate within the bushing. There should not be lateral movement. Also wondering if the bushings might have a crack.
I'd also check that the vertical post is fully seated on the full depth of the plate that mounts to the dinette bench (and fully tightened down), and that there are no loose fasteners where that is plate secured through the bench wall to the internal bracing....nor between the bracing and floor.
Selkirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2023, 11:18 AM   #29

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:

We converted to a solid teak marine table with two wings that weighs considerably more than the standard 21C table.
A table after my own heart. Made one like that for my boat but it didn't fold.

What kind of hinges are those?

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2023, 11:42 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
A table after my own heart. Made one like that for my boat but it didn't fold.

What kind of hinges are those?

Ron
Good question. Don’t know the manufacturer, but here is a photo or four.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2212.jpg   IMG_2213.jpg   IMG_2214a.jpg   IMG_2215a.jpg  
Old 11-07-2023, 03:41 PM   #31

Trailer: 2021 E19 (Padawan)
I wonder if the leg is vertical, and I also wonder if bushings are cracking from tightening the table. Here’s my quote from my Padawan’s Life thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brroberts View Post
Lagun table follow up. I have, like others, tightened the arm too much causing the plastic bushing to crack and the table to sag. We are travelling, so I rotated the bushing so the crack is not at the aft end anymore. I tighten gently now, and the rotated bushing works as good as new.
Old 11-07-2023, 05:05 PM   #32

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Good question. Don’t know the manufacturer, but here is a photo or four.
Thanks, they look more robust than some other table hinges.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2023, 05:53 PM   #33

Trailer: "Side Effect" 2022 21C
Quote:
While our lagun does swivel easy enough. It is not what I would call rock solid by any stretch. With all those adjustable connections I didn't expect it to be.

Sturdy? Not so much. Level? Not so much. But for us it is a flexible adaptable table that allows us easy access into and out of the u-shaped.

Hopefully you get the flexibility figured out. Once you do you'll like it much more.
WillyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2023, 06:22 PM   #34

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
For anyone wanting to regularly make the table into a bed the Springfield has to be the best choice. Also while in theory it seems like there might be more foot room with the Lagun, am unconvinced it is true. One sits upright on the bench seat and trying to push your feet towards the Springfield pedestal is an effort and not something that would be desired.
Old 11-07-2023, 07:22 PM   #35

Trailer: 2018,5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
For anyone wanting to regularly make the table into a bed the Springfield has to be the best choice. Also while in theory it seems like there might be more foot room with the Lagun, am unconvinced it is true. One sits upright on the bench seat and trying to push your feet towards the Springfield pedestal is an effort and not something that would be desired.
No experience with the Springfield but it does look easier to make into a bed. I like and use the extra leg room that the Lagun gives I have longer than average legs though with a 34" inseam. When I sit upright at the table my feet are right in the center of the floor area. I also like how easy it is to completely remove the table which is not so good with the Springfield.

Crows Nest
if yours is unlevel then I would guess it is what brroberts said and your bushing is cracked. The other possibility is that your wall mounting plate isn't mounted all that well and it allows the vertical beam to move back and forth.
I don't know how well Escape braces them, I had to install ours because they weren't an option when we bought our Escape.
DanandDaphne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2023, 07:42 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanandDaphne View Post
No experience with the Springfield but it does look easier to make into a bed. I like and use the extra leg room that the Lagun gives I have longer than average legs though with a 34" inseam. When I sit upright at the table my feet are right in the center of the floor area. I also like how easy it is to completely remove the table which is not so good with the Springfield
I too have a 34" inseam. Trying to understand the benefit of completely removing the table.

At pickup in 2014 we did not have ETI install their table mounts and did not use the table for about two years and used the flip up counters instead and had two filler boards & upholstered cushions for making the bed. After meeting with another 21C owner who had the Springfield without a U-shape dinette that we have we were sold. I have seen the Lagun mounted in a friend's trailer and still wouldn't want it.

We never did install the stock U-shape table and had a smaller one made which wasn't that easy due to the trapezoid shape of the rear area for any dinette at the back. Used the original table as a template.
Old 11-07-2023, 08:46 PM   #37

It's nice to have the table out of the way to get into the rear compartment don't need to often but for watering the batteries it's nice. To get into either side bench we fold the table and swing it completely out of the way. The same for getting into the overhead cabinets. This is an especially nice feature for Daphne.
Old 11-07-2023, 09:21 PM   #38

You guys ive in a great area; love Ampitheater CG in Ouray, plus the boondocking off a road near Ridgeway SP that is just north of Ouray. Am told John Wayne really liked that area after filming True Grit.
Old 11-08-2023, 08:37 AM   #39

It is, we really love it here and are lucky we bought our house twenty years ago before prices went so high. We couldn't afford our home if we had to buy it at todays prices.

Amphitheater CG in Ouray is a special place, and I think you might be talking about Billy Creek State Wildlife area close to Ridgway state park on the other side of hwy 550, it is nice. They closed it for camping a couple of years ago though do to people trashing the place.

These are too close to home for us for camping, we sometimes camp on the Uncompahgre Plateau, and the Grand Mesa, Fruita area, and the Moab Canyon Lands area in the early spring. A real gem of a campground is Sunshine CG over by Telluride. We also use our Escape at Ridgway Reservoir just for day use.

You too as far as nice places to live, San Luis Obispo County, California is beautiful.
Old 11-08-2023, 09:31 AM   #40

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
I have the Springfield pedestal with a 4-way sliding top on it. I have the U-shaped dinette with a full sized table. I can turn or move the top around all over the place. We love it. I would never want a smaller table for many reasons. 4 people can eat, play games, have cocktails, etc with no problem. We can even add a couple grandkids at the back if we want. Even with just the two of us, it is a nice place to put things we want handy while we use the rest of it for tasks.

It lowers into a bed real easy. Doing this also allows great access to under the benches and a nice place to lay and work if needed. I personally have no reason at all to want to remove the table.

My only regret with our setup is having the U-shaped dinette. It looks good and adds a bit more storage, but I did lots of mods to add a horde of storage aside from this. My regret is that I would like more foot room as the back bench is a wee bit of a problem for someone sitting at the back of the bench. I would not likely do a bigger table, just have a filler board for assembling it as a bed.

Okay not a solution to Lagun issues, sorry.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote