Mystery wires - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-09-2022, 04:52 PM   #21

Trailer: 5.0 TA "Sea'scape"
Quote:
Originally Posted by ousooner View Post
Just picked up our first ever Escape, a used 2022 5.0. There is a coil of wires inside the wall cabinet on the right side of the door as you enter. Anyone know their purpose?
We have the same bundle of wires in our 2020 5.0 with manual awning. I contacted ETI for more info but didn't get much help "since you didn't order a power awning."

The other end of the wires are somewhere loose inside the wall of the upper cabinet or the lower cabinet just to the left as you enter. They would connect to the power awning switch or power source had we ordered a power awning.

I wasn't able to figure out how to open up those cabinet walls to find the other end of the wires. I removed the switches for the interior and exterior lights on the lower cabinet wall but couldn't find the end of the wires as I hoped since I thought I might be able to connect 12 volt power to them. My guess is that the ends of the wires are near where the switch for a power awning would go. Not having a power awning, I don't know where ETI puts such a switch.
Hawkeye Ed is offline   Reply With Quote