options questions - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-18-2021, 10:38 PM   #1

Trailer: 2022 19 in the driveway
options questions

The notice that production is ramping up for 2022 has got us more serious about choosing our options for our 19. We've looked at three different trailers, and on the third one, i finally noticed that the standard two burner stove will only handle an 8 3/4 inch pan. Does the optional eno 3 burner fit flush on the counter and does it have a cover? has anybody got that stove and are they happy with it. Next, has anybody gone for the u-shaped dinette in the 19. How big did the table end up and are you as happy with it as you thought. And third, it seems like the Escape offered Lithium batteries are pretty pricey. I was thinking about getting the dual 6 volts and switching to Lithium later. Do you see any problems with that? Thanks in advance for any input
ChrisT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2021, 11:49 PM   #2

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisT View Post
... it seems like the Escape offered Lithium batteries are pretty pricey.
Just FYI note that when one chooses a lithium battery option from ETI that price also includes a Victron DC-DC charger (for 'optimal' LFP battery charging from the tow-vehicle when underway).

Your ETI configuration person can provide info on the specific DC-DC charger model they are currently installing to aid in your overall price comparison vs aftermarket alternatives.

They can also confirm that even when ordered with FLA batteries your Escape will be delivered with the WFCO "Lis" converter which can be toggled for charging LFP batteries (my August 2021 Escape with an FLA battery was delivered with that 'lithium-capable' converter at no extra cost / no special request).

There are a number of threads here about upgrading from the OE dual 6-volt FLA batteries to LFP, search is your friend. It's certainly do-able, though a few items other than just 'swapping batteries' may be advised and are discussed in those threads.

Have Fun!
Old 12-19-2021, 12:36 AM   #3

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
I made our U shape dinette and we love the look of it and how we can lean against the bench back across the trailer front with our legs up on the seat.
However the factory U shape…with cabinet under the U does cuts down on the leg and body room where as only a kid could fit in the U section as it is tight.
Conclusion being…U shape looks good but only really fits 2 adults. Normal dinette will fit 4 adults fine.

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 08:15 AM   #4
P&L

Trailer: Escape 19 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggscape View Post
the factory U shape…with cabinet under the U does cuts down on the leg and body room where as only a kid could fit in the U section as it is tight.
Conclusion being…U shape looks good but only really fits 2 adults. Normal dinette will fit 4 adults fine.
We have the U-shaped dinette and love the look although I would not do this again. We have a much smaller table and tight seating, as you mentioned.
P&L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 09:30 PM   #5

Trailer: 2020 Esacpe 19'(Hillbilly Heaven) ETI best named trailer of the year
I have The19 with out the u shape . I considered it but did not want The smaller of a table . If you want the U shape I would go with the NE model. It comes with that model and is big enough to be useful.
Attached Thumbnails
19' Interior Dimensions.jpg   21NE 001.jpg  
NEWYORKHILLBILLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2021, 08:20 AM   #6

Trailer: 2017 21c Sold, 2023 Bigfoot 25RQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWYORKHILLBILLY View Post
I have The19 with out the u shape . I considered it but did not want The smaller of a table . If you want the U shape I would go with the NE model. It comes with that model and is big enough to be useful.
much smaller black tank, just so you know
oldwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2021, 08:30 AM   #7

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
We are going with the bed in the front E19 and the rear "U" dinette entertainment area. Similar bed size to E21 but much larger rear dinette capacity.
Old 12-20-2021, 08:31 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldwave View Post
much smaller black tank, just so you know

Both the 21NE and 19 Have a 13.2 gallon black tank. Escape has advertised 19 gals for years. They have now been called out on it. If you check there website the info is correct now. The 21C does have a bigger black tank. I may have got that model if ETI was Honest about the tank size of my 19 . Just to be clear all the 2nd gen 19's and 21NE have always had 13.2 gallon tank even know they where advertised being bigger.
Old 12-20-2021, 08:33 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
We are going with the bed in the front E19 and the rear "U" dinette entertainment area. Similar bed size to E21 but much larger rear dinette capacity.

That might be the perfect set up. For me The only problem would the 44" bed I think the 17B is 49" bed and that was to small for me and my wife. IF i was a solo traveler that 19' with the front bed would be perfect.
Old 12-20-2021, 10:18 AM   #10

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisT View Post
noticed that the standard two burner stove will only handle an 8 3/4 inch pan.
That restriction was on the older trouble prone Suburban cooktop.

The instructions for the current Dometic D21 cooktop that Escape is now using for their two burner cooktop, make no mention of those pan size restrictions.
TTMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2021, 10:20 AM   #11

Trailer: 2012 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Ok, let me know when you are ready to sell, this sounds perfect... ...you'll use half your LP in, what, 3-4 months? (The guy who has yet to take delivery already has a buyer lined up, how's that for fast resale?)
Old 12-20-2021, 01:47 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTMartin View Post
The instructions for the current Dometic D21 cooktop that Escape is now using for their two burner cooktop, make no mention of those pan size restrictions.
Just FYI, the pan size label on the glass cover of the Dometic D21 2-burner cooktop installed by ETI in my 5.0 (pic from another post asking about dimensions):
Attached Thumbnails
01.jpg  
Old 12-20-2021, 02:55 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centex View Post
Just FYI, the pan size label on the glass cover of the Dometic D21 2-burner cooktop installed by ETI in my 5.0 (pic from another post asking about dimensions):
That is the label that corespondents to the restrictions listed in Suburban two burner stove. I had the Suburban, and purchased the Dometic from ETI. There is no mention of pan size restrictions in the Dometic D21 manual.
Old 12-20-2021, 03:29 PM   #14

Quote:
That is the label that corespondents to the restrictions listed in Suburban two burner stove. I had the Suburban, and purchased the Dometic from ETI. There is no mention of pan size restrictions in the Dometic D21 manual.
Suburban SDS2 cover as installed by ETI

SDS2

Suburban SDS2 Manual

Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20211220_161832982.jpg   IMG_20211220_161917971.jpg  
Old 12-20-2021, 03:39 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttmartin View Post
that is the label that corespondents to the restrictions listed in suburban two burner stove. I had the suburban, and purchased the dometic from eti. There is no mention of pan size restrictions in the dometic d21 manual.
Dometic D21 lid as it comes from the factory
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dometic D21 Lid.jpg
Views:	367
Size:	23.2 KB
ID:	59963

All the Dometic D21 manual says about pan size

Operating/safety guidelines
BURN HAZARD, FIRE, EXPLOSION, AND/OR CARBON MONOXIDE HAZARD Failure to obey the following warnings could result in damage, a burn hazard, possible explosion, carbon monoxide buildup, serious injury, or death:
• Avoid negative draft or positive draft situations or the operation of this Cooktop during excessively windy conditions. Negative draft caused by air moving across the Cooktop may blow out the burner flame or move the flame into the Cooktop, resulting in damage, a burn hazard, possible explosion, carbon monoxide buildup, injury, or death. Do not operate the Cooktop in excessively windy conditions as this may cause a negative or positive draft. Doing so may blow out the top burner flame during use,
and can result in an explosion, fire hazard, injury, or death.
• The Cooktop must be completely separated and/or sealed from other air moving or air-consuming devices such as, but not limited to, furnaces, microwave ovens, clothes dryers, cooling fans, and doors
or drawers in common cabinets. Failure to do so can affect the appliance(s) combustion air supply by creating either a negative or positive draft, which can result in serious injury or death.
• Do not use the Cooktop for space heating. Doing so may cause overheating of the Cooktop and/or could cause carbon monoxide poisoning, resulting in serious injury or death.
• While operating the Cooktop, frequently check the temperature of contents within cabinet areas above the Cooktop. Do not store flammable or combustible material in cabinets above, or above and adjacent to, the Cooktop. Failure to follow this instruction could result in a fire, serious injury, or death.
• Do not heat unopened containers. They could explode. The hot contents may cause burns and container particles may cause injury.
• Do not store flammable materials on, in, or near Cooktop. Any fumes can create an explosion and/or fire hazard.
• Do not operate Cooktop if it is damaged or not working properly.
• Verify sufficient gas supply before attempting to light any burner. Air in the gas supply line will significantly delay burner ignition, and a burner may light unexpectedly as the air in the line clears out and is replaced by LP gas; this unexpected ignition may burn you. Air may be introduced into the supply line when the vehicle gas bottle is replaced, during servicing of other gas appliances, etc.
• If any burner should extinguish (after initially lighting or due to accidental blowout), turn all burner knobs clockwise to OFF and WAIT 5 MINUTES before attempting to re-light the burner.
• Do not touch burners, burner grates, or areas near burners during and after use. Do not let clothing or other flammable materials contact burners or areas near burners until these areas have had sufficient time to cool.
Use large enough pans to cover the burner area and contain the cooked food. This will reduce or eliminate heavy splattering or spills that can ignite and burn you.
• Be sure that glass cooking utensils are safe for use on the Cooktop. Only certain kinds of glass utensils are suitable for surface or burner use without breaking due to sudden changes in temperature.

• Never leave burners unattended when in use, as pan contents may boil over, resulting in smoke or a grease spill that may ignite.
• Turn pan handles inward, but not over other top burners. This reduces the chance of burns due to bumping a pan.
• Because grease is flammable, never allow grease to collect around top burners or on the Cooktop surface. Wipe up any grease spills immediately.
• Never use water on grease fires, and never pick up a flaming pan. Smother a flaming pan with a tightfitting lid or cookie sheet. Flaming grease outside of the pan can be extinguished with baking soda or a multipurpose dry chemical or foam-type fire extinguisher.
• Use care when lighting a burner by hand. If the burner lights unexpectedly, or your hand is close to the burner, you may be burned.
• Burner flame should not extend beyond the edge of the cooking utensil. The flame could burn you and cause poor cooking results.
• Control knobs must be turned OFF when not cooking. Someone could be burned or a fire may start if a burner is accidentally left ON

Link to D21 Manual
Attached Thumbnails
Dometic D21 pan size.JPG  
Old 12-20-2021, 04:38 PM   #16

Quote:
Dometic D21 lid as it comes from the factory
Attachment 59963
Fair enough, but my August Build 2021 5.0 with the Dometic D21 cooktop came from the ETI factory with the pan size recommendation label affixed as seen in post #12 above. I suppose ETI could have added that label after the cooktop left the Dometic factory, but is that really likely ?

Apparently YMMV insofar as recommended pan size labels affixed at whatever factory, I sure didn't conjure the one still on mine from thin air. Not arguing, just sharing FYI, make of it what you will, and please have a great day!

(and yes, I agree that the presence of the prominent and specific label on my D21 cooktop as delivered notwithstanding, the PDF manual for that stove is absent any mention of a recommended specific pan size . No Worries, each user will do what they will!)
Old 12-20-2021, 04:55 PM   #17

Quote:
I suppose ETI could have added that label after the cooktop left the Dometic factory, but is that really likely ?

EXTREAMLY LIKELY!!!

Most likely Escape had a standard production procedure to add the label to the Suburban cooktop glass lid. When they transitioned to the Dometic D21 nobody told the guys on the floor the label was no longer necessary.

Quote:
Apparently YMMV insofar as recommended pan size labels affixed at whatever factory, I sure didn't conjure the one still on mine from thin air. Not arguing, just sharing FYI, make of it what you will, and please have a great day!
I purchased my Dometic D21 from Escape and ETI shipped it to me. There is no pan size label on the Dometic D21 I received from ETI.

Pan size label on my Suburban SDS2

Identical pan size label on your Dometic D21

Lid of my Dometic D21 that I purchased from Escape with NO pan size label.

ETI is adding the identical label they had for the Suburban SDS2 to the Dometic D21 during production.
Old 12-20-2021, 06:07 PM   #18

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
(and yes, I agree that the presence of the prominent and specific label on my D21 cooktop as delivered notwithstanding, the PDF manual for that stove is absent any mention of a recommended specific pan size . No Worries, each user will do what they will!)
Maybe they had a large number of manuals printed before they thought that limiting pan size was a prudent thing to do. Easier to keep the manuals and slap on a sticker.

Yes, users will do what they do.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2021, 06:26 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
Maybe they had a large number of manuals printed before they thought that limiting pan size was a prudent thing to do. Easier to keep the manuals and slap on a sticker.

Yes, users will do what they do.

Ron
And that's why the current manual in PDF format on the Dometic website has no mention of pan size restrictions? SMH

Or maybe the people on the ETI floor are still using the label they had to use with the Suburban SDS2, because nobody told them to stop.
Old 12-20-2021, 06:39 PM   #20

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
I wonder if recommended pan size has something to do with the maximum size that two pans will fit safely next to each other on the stove? I cannot think of any reason why a pan would be too large if you're only using one pan? Exception being that if your pan is really large than you'll have cool spots further from the burner.

We've had our gas cooktop at home for more than 30 years now and one of the attachments is a pancake sheet which covers two burners, it works well but there are cooler and warmer spots depending where you are on the surface.
marsman is offline   Reply With Quote