quick propane / grill question - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-20-2020, 09:03 PM   #21

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
Quote:
Originally Posted by C&G in FL View Post
The Weber does have a regulator attached to the control knob, but it is easily removed. All you need to do is to get a low pressure male QD fitting (I stress low pressure, the high pressure fitting looks the same externally but is borrower on the inside and it will not work with a low pressure female fitting as is on the Escape, and an adapter to mount the male fitting onto the control knob. It will then work with the QD on the trailer. Tejas Smokers on the web is somewhat expensive but has high and low pressure fittings as well as QD hoses in multiple lengths.
That is narrower, not borrower.
Old 07-22-2020, 08:39 AM   #22

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTMartin View Post
I got a Blackstone 17" Adventure Ready Griddle, for our new trailer. I'm loving it at home, so it's going to be even better on the road.

I added a low pressure propane quick connect to it.

12ft RV Propane Quick Connect Hose and Conversion Fitting for Blackstone 17inch and 22inch Table Top Griddle - 1/4 inch Safety Shutoff Valve & Male Full Flow Plug

I also purchased an Outland Propane Firebowl.

Outland Firebowl 893 Deluxe Outdoor Portable Propane Gas Fire Pit with Cover & Carry Kit, 19-Inch Diameter 58,000 BTU

I replaced it's hose with regulator with a quick connect hose.

18 FT RV Quick Connect Propane Hose for RV to Grill for Camp Chef Stove and Fire Pit- 3/8 Female Flare Fitting x 1/4 Full Flow Quick

I then added a female quick connect to the hose with a built in regulator that came off the firebowl.

Nigo Industrial Co. Brass Tube Fitting, Half-Union, Flare x NPT Male Pipe (1, 3/8" Flare x 1/4" NPT Male)

1/4" RV Propane Quick Connect Adapter for Propane Hose, Propane or Natural Gas 1/4" Quick Connect or Disconnect Kit - Shutoff Valve & Full Flow Plug

Now I can run my Blackstone off of the trailer quick connect, a 20 lb propane tank, or a 1 pound propane tank. And my firebowl off the trailer quick connect or 20 lb propane tank.
That’s first class.
Voyager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 08:47 AM   #23

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Been using the Blackstone for 4 years now, perfect for groups and scrapple cooked in bacon grease......... Bought a special table that is 50% open metal weave and 50% solid to operate off.
Old 07-22-2020, 09:23 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Been using the Blackstone for 4 years now, perfect for groups and scrapple cooked in bacon grease......... Bought a special table that is 50% open metal weave and 50% solid to operate off.
I had always used a conventional grill, but, so many people raved about the Blackstone Griddle, I thought I'd give it a try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
That’s first class.
Thanks, I also picked up a Blackstone Blackstone 17-in Carry Bag and Cover Set for it at Lowes

TTMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 10:58 AM   #25

Trailer: Escape 17B - Sept 2017
No problem at all.
parfsten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 11:36 AM   #26

Trailer: looking
Send a message via MSN to BJHuizenga Send a message via Yahoo to BJHuizenga
I like the flexibility of cooking away from the camper. My thinking is, if I want to use the camper unit, I can go inside! So...don't worry about using the camper tanks, run free!
BJHuizenga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 12:00 PM   #27

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
I have a few scars here and there from burns. Every one is from being careless, tired, in a hurry or stupid. I think of them as an indication that I’m a long time member in the camping fraternity I Gotta Owie .
Iowa Dave
Old 07-29-2020, 12:05 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
I have a few scars here and there from burns. Every one is from being careless, tired, in a hurry or stupid. I think of them as an indication that I’m a long time member in the camping fraternity I Gotta Owie .
Iowa Dave
Strike while the iron is hot. <<< I think you're taking this too literally.
TTMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 07:53 PM   #29

Trailer: 2008 Escape 17B
Too old fashioned to lend any advice on this thread! I just disconnect one tank and carry it to wherever we want to set up our heavy-duty stove - while I still can that is...
Attached Thumbnails
fullsizeoutput_a64.jpg  
soultrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 08:28 PM   #30

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
In a name

Quote:
Strike while the iron is hot. <<< I think you're taking this too literally.
As my last name is Smith, and I have worked in a grey iron foundry years ago moulding , pouring , releasing and cleaning grey iron castings used as crane counterweights and rock crusher wheels, scars from burns only seemed natural to me and something that happens in foundries. Probably made me less careful the rest of my life. When your first job out of high school is in a man made Hell, life outside and above ground seems not so dangerous.
I’ve beat on red hot iron, lots of times.
It will bite you if it gets a chance. I still like to pour sinkers and cast bullets at 72.
Iowa Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 09:22 PM   #31

Trailer: 2005 Scamp 16 SD (sold), 2020 Escape 19
Quote:
I had always used a conventional grill, but, so many people raved about the Blackstone Griddle, I thought I'd give it a try.
Thanks, I also picked up a Blackstone Blackstone 17-in Carry Bag and Cover Set for it at Lowes
I have a Blackstone grill that I love, but it's an entirely different style, and no longer made. The Blackstone Dash.
Attached Thumbnails
Blackstone Dash image.JPG   IMG_20180717_193547529.jpg   IMG_20180722_084411840.jpg  
Old 08-01-2020, 07:58 AM   #32

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar1 View Post
I have a Blackstone grill that I love, but it's an entirely different style, and no longer made. The Blackstone Dash.
Hi: Radar... Yummm. Spam-n-Pan's!!! What time is breakfast? Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 07:32 PM   #33

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
We carry a Volcano grill as it works with 3 fuel types and doesn’t take much space. We can grill, bake, or smoke items (We carry a 6” smoker tube and a few wood pellets). I take a cast iron skillet and Dutch oven, We have used it for 6 years and it has been great for us.
https://volcanogrills.com/product/vo...e-grill-stove/
Treblemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 08:11 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post
My vote goes to the Weber baby Q. Came with a regulator which I removed, so I could connect to the quick connect from the trailer regulator at the tanks.

I unscrewed the trailer propane hose from under the regulator, added a nipple and a tee, and an elbow and a length of pipe, to which I added the quick connect.
Those are nice, I had the larger version on my deck at home. Loved that grill.
Voyager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 01:45 PM   #35

Trailer: 2020 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
Those are nice, I had the larger version on my deck at home. Loved that grill.
This thread is really helpful, so thanks for all the posts.

Couple of questions: For those using the Weber Baby Q (or the 1000 as I think Weber now calls it), where are you storing the grill? I'd prefer to keep it off the tongue box, but it looks like its too tall to fit in any of the other external storage spots.

Second, is anyone using the optional split grill with the griddle? Seems like that offers a lot of flexibility, maybe more than the Blackstone.

I'm taking delivery of a 21C this week and am looking to get equipped with something that will work with the quick disconnect, so it's looking like the Q or the Blackstone.
cityofdestiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 01:49 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treblemaker View Post
We carry a Volcano grill as it works with 3 fuel types and doesn’t take much space. We can grill, bake, or smoke items (We carry a 6” smoker tube and a few wood pellets). I take a cast iron skillet and Dutch oven, We have used it for 6 years and it has been great for us.
https://volcanogrills.com/product/vo...e-grill-stove/
This looks interesting. Are you using the volcano connected to the trailer's low pressure system, or with a regulator connected direct to a propane tank? Thanks.
Old 08-10-2020, 03:28 PM   #37

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityofdestiny View Post

Couple of questions: For those using the Weber Baby Q (or the 1000 as I think Weber now calls it), where are you storing the grill? I'd prefer to keep it off the tongue box, but it looks like its too tall to fit in any of the other external storage spots.

Second, is anyone using the optional split grill with the griddle? Seems like that offers a lot of flexibility, maybe more than the Blackstone.

I'm taking delivery of a 21C this week and am looking to get equipped with something that will work with the quick disconnect, so it's looking like the Q or the Blackstone.
To clarify, the original “Baby Q” was the Q100. It came with a one piece grid. It was replaced by the Q1000, which I believe comes with the split grids, which can be used with the optional griddle on one side. It also has a different footprint than the Q100 and a higher domed top lid. The Q1000 is available in a variety of colors and a couple of options as to the igniter, and one model has a thermometer. The original Q100 can be converted to use the split grids/griddle with support clips, assuming Weber still offers them. As far as the regulator and control knob, the Q100 (it was marketed as the Baby Q) and the newer Q1000 are the same. After 12 years, my Q100 is going strong, although I did convert it to low pressure in 2015 when we got our Escape. Because we bake brownies and cookies among other things in the Q, I added a thermometer to it many years ago. With a little practice, baking in it is not that difficult.

I transport it in a large tote in the back seat of the truck. With the cover on, any odors are contained. When it is in use, the tote can be overturned and used as a cover when set up for camping. I know several people who store their Weber Qs in tight spaces by pulling the two lid retaining pins and placing it inside storage compartments placing the grill in first and then the lid.

I do have a Blackstone at home. While I like the large surface area, I find I prefer the Weber when camping. But sitting beside the Blackstone I have the larger Weber Q2000. I would estimate that I use each equally, depending on what is being cooked.
Old 08-12-2020, 12:40 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by C&G in FL View Post
To clarify, the original “Baby Q” was the Q100. It came with a one piece grid. It was replaced by the Q1000, which I believe comes with the split grids, which can be used with the optional griddle on one side. It also has a different footprint than the Q100 and a higher domed top lid. The Q1000 is available in a variety of colors and a couple of options as to the igniter, and one model has a thermometer. The original Q100 can be converted to use the split grids/griddle with support clips, assuming Weber still offers them. As far as the regulator and control knob, the Q100 (it was marketed as the Baby Q) and the newer Q1000 are the same. After 12 years, my Q100 is going strong, although I did convert it to low pressure in 2015 when we got our Escape. Because we bake brownies and cookies among other things in the Q, I added a thermometer to it many years ago. With a little practice, baking in it is not that difficult.

I transport it in a large tote in the back seat of the truck. With the cover on, any odors are contained. When it is in use, the tote can be overturned and used as a cover when set up for camping. I know several people who store their Weber Qs in tight spaces by pulling the two lid retaining pins and placing it inside storage compartments placing the grill in first and then the lid.

I do have a Blackstone at home. While I like the large surface area, I find I prefer the Weber when camping. But sitting beside the Blackstone I have the larger Weber Q2000. I would estimate that I use each equally, depending on what is being cooked.
I had one of the original Qs and loved it--even cooking, transportability, few flare ups, great heat retention in the grates due to the cast iron construction. I'm pretty sold on one of the smaller models for my escape. We'll be trying to cook outside as much as possible and I'm thinking of going with the q1200 (higher domed lid, side tables, thermometer and electric ignition) to have the flexibility of basically using it as a grill / griddle / outdoor oven.

Seems like it would sit down in the same tote as a baby Q / 100 / 1000, only a little taller.
Old 08-12-2020, 01:08 PM   #39

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
i can store my Q and my camp stove in the front compartment of my 5.0. But now i added the 17 inch Blackstone so the Blackstone goes in the truck. I love the Blackstone so i don't mind adding it even though you are all correct its not necessary. You can use a griddle with the Q. I just have much better results with the Blackstone. I still like to do my steaks on my Q.
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 01:49 PM   #40

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityofdestiny View Post

My grill lives in the back of the truck. It is one of the original Baby Q Grills. Love it and have had it many many years. It is still original except for the lid, the old one got cracked when it jumped off of the tailgate. I wish it had the split grill sometimes as a griddle would be nice. Just recently I used one of those square griddle pans you put on the stove to cook breakfast on the grill...it worked pretty well. I could even close the lid most of the way to keep in the heat. BTW I converted mine to use with the low pressure set up on the camper, but I kept the regulator and rigged it up with a quick connect fitting and the original small tank adapter (green disposable tanks) so I can still use it away from the camper with the original disposable tanks.
Ian and Sue is offline   Reply With Quote