Sail Switch - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-17-2023, 09:39 PM   #21

Trailer: 2019 5.0TA "Junior", 2019 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Before changing out the gas valve / igniter, definitely worth getting a manometer or gas pressure gauge and checking your gas pressure. I also had tried that, and mine was OK, but other people have found that it was off and their regulator needed adjusting or replacing. The fridge may be less sensitive to low gas pressure, and the stove burners will probably work on almost any gas pressure, but the furnace has a high gas flow and if it's low it may affect the burner and keep it from lighting. At the point when the furnace igniter fires, the blower is going full force with a lot of air flow and it's possible that if the gas pressure is low there may not be enough gas to get a good ignition.
Old 07-20-2023, 11:51 PM   #22

Trailer: 2020 19’
That is interesting cuz today I discovered my regularitor isn’t auto switching to the other tank. Plus someone else on this thread mentioned his problems went away once he installed a new refrigerator
Videocrafters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2023, 10:32 AM   #23

Trailer: 2007 SD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Videocrafters View Post
Start up the furnace and the fan spins but does not spark for the gas. Removed the sail switch and found a piece of lint on it. Cleaned off the lint and checked the switch with an ohm meter. Switch works. Put the old sail switch back in. Furnace does not ignite. Remove the old sail switch and replace with a new one. Still no luck.
Now what?

If you don't have protective bug screen on intake/exhaust of heater tubes could be a restriction. East Texas wasp or mud daubers will build their nest in tubes causing air flow restrictions.

Good Luck Jack
Joat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2023, 10:52 AM   #24

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21', Maple Interior, previous 2015 Escape 19'
I had the same problem with my 2019 21 NE since we purchased it. Repeated sail switch replacement, inconsistent ignition. My RV repair guy discovered that the igniter was cracked, and sparking in the wrong place. He replaced the igniter and everything has worked very well since then, (he is a bit of genius when it comes to Dometic products).
bjsmitty is offline   Reply With Quote