size of inside of front storage box on 19? - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-15-2020, 08:54 PM   #21

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
a beer? I'd want a case at least.........
Old 05-16-2020, 04:03 PM   #22

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Hillbilly, I took a scrap piece of wood that was just a little proud of 17", (17-1/16") and checked for clearance at both front and rear of plywood base. The lid does not hit the scrap piece. I then placed a small 3/8" thick wood block on top of the scrap piece and then I could hear it hit the lid when I closed it. But that's only at the front. The back has more clearance so no problem there. I think you'll be OK as your generator handle will be somewhat centered from front to back. Of course, we're assuming your box will be set up just like mine with no variance in measurements.

Make mine a Bud Light.
Curious Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 04:07 PM   #23

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
and what about securing the unit to keep it from bouncing up/down against the lid or worse sliding off that plywood in the middle.
Old 05-16-2020, 04:53 PM   #24

Trailer: 2020 Esacpe 19'(Hillbilly Heaven) ETI best named trailer of the year
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious Mike View Post
Hillbilly, I took a scrap piece of wood that was just a little proud of 17", (17-1/16") and checked for clearance at both front and rear of plywood base. The lid does not hit the scrap piece. I then placed a small 3/8" thick wood block on top of the scrap piece and then I could hear it hit the lid when I closed it. But that's only at the front. The back has more clearance so no problem there. I think you'll be OK as your generator handle will be somewhat centered from front to back. Of course, we're assuming your box will be set up just like mine with no variance in measurements.

Make mine a Bud Light.
THANKS that great news.. If they make my box smaller we will have to trade. LOL This is going to work out great. I post some pictures this fall when i get it done. Thanks again !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
and what about securing the unit to keep it from bouncing up/down against the lid or worse sliding off that plywood in the middle.
thats not a problem the Honda has for rubber feet. I drill a 1/2'" deep in the plywood for the feet to sit in. Then a strap over the top. I don't use it much but its nice to have and it will be out of sight in there.with the the honda in there I should be fine on tongue weight, the new battery will be relocated to under the drivers side dinette beside the converter . this will also replace some of the tongue weight. this battery would weight between 30-52lbs depending on what size i get.
NEWYORKHILLBILLY is offline   Reply With Quote