Split water hose in bathroom - Page 14 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-21-2017, 01:22 PM   #261

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
I'm going to get back on topic. If I could remember what the topic is. I think it is about hoses, or Dora, or Squirrels. Oh well, can't remember.
The thing that I'm most enjoying about this thread is the so many different ways that people spell Reace.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 01:33 PM   #262

Trailer: 2017 5.0 TA picked up in July 2017.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
I am so glad all of you with your opinions can now pat yourself 's on the back . Too bad you don't know the back story ,about the whole split hose situation . You are giving accolades to the wrong person or person's . Those affected owe Laura a big thanks for bringing this out and it getting attention . Pat
I'm not too well known but I owe Laura a lot of thanks for many things. She went to ETI and took many pictures at a time when I was possibly having buyers remorse for deciding on a 5.0 TA instead of a 21. After looking at the pictures I decided I was happy with the 5.0TA. Later when she found out the cushions had vinyl on the back, probably a very good feature living in the wet PNW, I decided I wanted a FULL WRAP on my cushions because I live in a very dry climate. I wouldn't have known if it hadn't been for Laura. Her discussions of a bathroom sink helped lead me to decide I really didn't want one and her measurements of cabinets and drawers were very helpful for me. And I will always use Command Hooks instead of screws to install anything and everything. My wife doesn't think she can handle driving with or parking a trailer so I have pointed out Laura, Donna and Karen to remind her that she can and will have to in the future. Bravo to the cat owner and all the other solo women who are camping with trailers.
P.S. My wife is petite, hikes with the stamina of a Grand Canyon mule and could sleep comfortably on a rock fall, so she wasn't happy and still isn't too enthused with me spending money on a trailer. She is slowly coming around though.
SFDavis50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 01:34 PM   #263

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
And speaking of spelling, didn't the parents who named Reace and Tammy do a marvelous job of raising two wonderful kids? A world full of people like them would be fun to live in.
Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 01:48 PM   #264

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
Brian B-P, just curious, somewhere in the past you mentioned you have a power awning on your rig, does it have the metal thingies coming out and down like these do??
No, it's not the same design, so there would be no reason for guides like this. Although mine is also from a Dometic division (A&E), it has more traditional arms that fold vertically against the wall, not this design which folds the arms horizontally into the housing with the fabric roller. I don't see mine in Dometic's website, but the design is like Lippert's Solera series; there's one power and one manual (same mechanism, just one has a motor) on the RV.

The Dometic awning now used by Escape is really slick, because it doesn't have any arms running down the side of the trailer. It looks like Reace found that the recessed position of the unit on the new Escape body risks the mechanism hitting the lower corner of the recess during retraction, so he added a guide. If mounted on the vertical wall of the trailer, this guide wouldn't be needed. I haven't noticed similar guides on other RVs using the new Dometic style or similar awnings, but I haven't looked closely enough to know if they're there or not.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 01:59 PM   #265

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Just can't believe someone hasn't mentioned that wonderful Canadian dish with fries covered in cheese curds and gravy yet [emoji6]

Cheers
Doug
Old 06-21-2017, 02:08 PM   #266
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGDriver View Post
Just can't believe someone hasn't mentioned that wonderful Canadian dish with fries covered in cheese curds and gravy yet [emoji6]

Cheers
Doug
I have no idea what you're referring to Doug...oh wait...look...Poutine!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 06-21-2017, 02:10 PM   #267

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
That picture pretty much sums up this thread. Worth a thousand words.
Old 06-21-2017, 02:50 PM   #268

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21 "LollyPop" June 12, 2017, sold Coleman pop up
When at ETI on Monday June 12 I believe I recall asking about how many hoses had actually burst and Nigel told me he only knew of two- I believe Tom who was at the rally and got his fixed in Chilliwack after the rally and then Laura who got hers fixed as we were driving to Chilliwack. They really wanted to get around to everyone to get them all fixed before any others could burst.
casejh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 03:18 PM   #269

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Just what are you sayin' here..... oh look, a squirrel.

This thread's still on track.
I was just reading an article about how squirrels and other rodents chew on rubber hose, causing leaks, but not on PEX.
There is a supposition that a preventative measure is to leave Poutine out for the little critters.
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 03:33 PM   #270

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfandrews View Post
This thread's still on track.

I was just reading an article about how squirrels and other rodents chew on rubber hose, causing leaks, but not on PEX.

There is a supposition that a preventative measure is to leave Poutine out for the little critters.

Must be Canadian squirrels eh

Cheers
Doug
Old 06-21-2017, 03:36 PM   #271

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Who here ate some poutine while at Osoyoos this year? I could not find it anywhere in town.
Old 06-21-2017, 05:13 PM   #272

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Eagle View Post
Is there more to the story than what Laura told us in her original post on June 6th that started this thread or what Tom (tdf-texas) said in Post #83 with his water line problem in late May.
Yeah there is and it has to do with the actual visit. I chose not to post about it on this forum, but told a few other owners about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Eagle View Post
Just curious - are Laura and Tom the only two who actually had their hot water shower lines rupture on them before the call went out from ETI to stop using hot water in the shower until fixed?
It would have been one if the notice went out sooner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFDavis50 View Post
I'm not too well known but I owe Laura a lot of thanks for many things. (snip) My wife doesn't think she can handle driving with or parking a trailer so I have pointed out Laura, Donna and Karen to remind her that she can and will have to in the future. Bravo to the cat owner and all the other solo women who are camping with trailers.
P.S. My wife is petite, hikes with the stamina of a Grand Canyon mule and could sleep comfortably on a rock fall, so she wasn't happy and still isn't too enthused with me spending money on a trailer. She is slowly coming around though.
Hey, thanks, didn't know this!

She'll be much happier having a trailer when there's a sudden urge to piddle and there aren't any trees around! HA!

And 3 words for her feelings about driving: RV Driving School. I know of another Escape owner taking lessons next month with the same guy I took 'em from. Well worth it.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 05:34 PM   #273

It's all gravy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Who here ate some poutine while at Osoyoos this year? I could not find it anywhere in town.
Hi Jim
Did not have any poutine at the rally but our gracious waitress did ask me if I wanted gravy on my fries the afternoon we went down for ribs. That's as close as I came. I'm a ketchup person, and I can't catch up with anybody. I'll be in Ontario in a couple weeks, poutine all around. Zucchini looking good at my bros. garden along with 34 tomato plants, peppers, garlic, beans and spuds. Peas are done already. Got a head lettuce from my old boss yesterday. He's a terrific grower, has thousands of day lilies. Kramers flower farm, Cedar Rapids.
Dave
Old 06-21-2017, 05:56 PM   #274

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21
When Reace was here in Portland to fix our trailer he said that the hot water line looked good, no signs of any problem.

Gary
garysd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 05:59 PM   #275

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
... The second is my question of the day for you. How many sunsets do you have left?
Iowa Dave
Maybe not all that I want, but I will get all that I need.

Gary
garysd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 07:04 PM   #276

Trailer: allanmacdonald
Until I read all 28 pages regarding a split hose I didn't know what kind of trailer I was interested in purchasing. Now I know, I have read hundreds of posts from disgruntled customers of numerous quality RV manufacturers throughout North America. My choice is "Escape" !!! I thought about going to a brand name dealer and purchasing off the lot, then read all the issues getting repairs done, now this issue taken care of by the OWNER of the company, absolutely outstanding, I am formulating my order as soon as this is posted!
And I don't care if it is off topic>>>>>Thank you for all the great information!!
allanmacdonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 07:21 PM   #277
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by allanmacdonald View Post
Until I read all 28 pages regarding a split hose I didn't know what kind of trailer I was interested in purchasing. Now I know, I have read hundreds of posts from disgruntled customers of numerous quality RV manufacturers throughout North America. My choice is "Escape" !!! I thought about going to a brand name dealer and purchasing off the lot, then read all the issues getting repairs done, now this issue taken care of by the OWNER of the company, absolutely outstanding, I am formulating my order as soon as this is posted!
And I don't care if it is off topic>>>>>Thank you for all the great information!!
That is great. You'll love your Escape.
Old 06-21-2017, 07:49 PM   #278

Split water hose in bathroom

Quote:

The way I see it, you'll always find people who aren't happy with anything, but I do think Escape trailers has a very high percentage of happy campers/customers.

This I think is attributed to their striving to build a quality product and allowing as much customer modifications/input as possible.

Oh and if you haven't noticed on this forum there's no such thing as off topic [emoji6]

Cheers
Doug
Old 06-21-2017, 09:24 PM   #279

New Escape

Quote:
Hi Allan
Great to hear you're buying an Escape. You'll not be disappointed. If you see me at a rally, stop by for a beer or a big glass of Escape Kool Aid.
Dave
Old 06-22-2017, 03:14 AM   #280

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
I'm enjoying this thread even though I have nothing to contribute. And I have no desire for poutine!
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote