Success and a proposition - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-24-2021, 03:36 PM   #1

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Success and a proposition

Installed the Micro air 364 soft start kit on the Dometic AC unit today. Starts the AC real well on a 15 amp garage circuit. Then hooked up to the Honda 2200i generator. Works fine at 600 ft above sea level where we camp most of the time. So when we go to a state forest with no electricity in two weeks and the grandkids need a nap in the afternoon, they ought to be able to get in the cool confines of grandmas camper.

Now the proposition, if you come to where we are camped and you can get all four grandkids sleeping at the same time I will give you $20 while I go to the tavern in town to ease my jangled nerves. Full disclosure 2 boys and 2 girls 1,2,3,4 years old . Two with red hair.

AC Pulling either 15 on low or 17 amps on high. Generator delivering 121 volts.
Battery is full at 13.8 volts so no charging needed.
We are in full sun and it’s 90 F outside.

Like the old Penguin on the push bar on the tavern door where they sold his cigarettes back in the 50’s said “It’s Cool inside.

Cannot hear the generator in the trailer, go figure
Have a great weekend.

Iowa Dave
Attached Thumbnails
4944321F-BEC7-4417-BCFA-4B2F53C312CFa.jpg  
Old 07-25-2021, 10:49 AM   #2

Trailer: 2018 21
With grandkids at 3,5,6,7 and 9 it would take 20 bucks x 10 for me to volunteer for that job!!!
rotorbudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 11:36 AM   #3

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Nice ladder though.
Attached Thumbnails
penguin1.jpg  
Old 07-25-2021, 04:47 PM   #4

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Ladders

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post
Nice ladder though.
I had a rickety old wooden job that walked about a foot on me on day. So I bought the Louisville 6 foot 1AA rated at 375. Then I needed a taller ladder and bought a Louisville 1AA
8 footer. That was good for a couple years and then we got the 21 and Rita did not like the Louisville so she bought a Little Giant which I have to admit is an extremely steady ladder but it’s heavy for moving around. She uses it to wash and wax the Escape. Yesterday,
I just needed the 6 footer on one side to get the screws out of the AC cover. My brother worked off of the Little Giant on the Passenger side. I also have a 24 foot Louisville extension ladder rated at 375. I use it when I stain the house which is on the project list for this year yet. I am ladder poor but don’t like to feel unsafe when I climb up a ladder. Dometic AC is quiet on the startup and when it thermostatically kicks in and out you can barely hear it. I was looking at the EMS readout and one minute it was reading 15 Amps, next thing I knew it was reading 2 amps when only the fan was running then a little later 15 again and I hadn’t heard it kick back in. No clunk with the soft start.
90 degrees and humid today. Worked outside for a couple hours till the crop dusters started flying the soy beans west of us.
Iowa Dave