Warranty Service - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-20-2020, 09:21 AM   #61

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
I'm a big fan of field expediency.
Old 06-20-2020, 10:58 AM   #62

Trailer: 2018 17A
On the molly bolt thread. An alternative approach is the Nutsert or Rivnut system.
Kind of expensive to buy the infrastructure, but works like a pop rivet. https://www.amazon.com/RZX-Riveter-R...52505114&psc=1
noblets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 12:24 PM   #63

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by noblets View Post
On the molly bolt thread. An alternative approach is the Nutsert or Rivnut system.
Kind of expensive to buy the infrastructure, but works like a pop rivet. https://www.amazon.com/RZX-Riveter-R...52505114&psc=1
Yes, they're good, I've been using Rivnut's for 40 plus years. They work very well with fiberglass. The first time that I used them, to mount a marine head to f.g., I was a little skeptical. But they held up just fine.

Nutserts work well also. I used them to mount my Springfield pedestal.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 01:03 PM   #64

Trailer: Escape 21 (2017)
Sorry I don't have anything helpful to add. I just want to say I am quite amazed you are having problems. Especially with Dustin. I always get a call back within 24 hours and found him to be quite knowledgeable and extremely helpful. I have also found ETI to be quite willing to lean on their vendors if said vendor is reticent to solve Escape customer problems. Hoping this is not changing... In my past life I was a manufacturer's representative and found the way to deal with customer service issues was to stay pleasant and keep asking to talk to someone further up the ladder. Eventually you will get someone who doesn't have the time to deal with the issue and has the authority to make the pain stop.
drmemory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 02:42 PM   #65

Trailer: sold Airstream\Casita -2019 21' Escape
All fixed, will test for leaks when we go to Colorado next week. A 'tub drain extractor' (ace hardware) worked like a champ to get old male threads out of gray tank without using heat gun. Still waiting on parts from Escape but needed repair done now so we can hit the road again. Did order the bracket that others used in earlier post to secure pipe. Have a good day
Attached Thumbnails
tub tool.jpg   pipe.jpg  
jumboscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 03:34 PM   #66

Trailer: 2020 Esacpe 19'(Hillbilly Heaven) ETI best named trailer of the year
Glad you back up and running. That tub drain extractor looks like the perfect tool for the job. I ordered the foam so I hope I don't need to do this repair.
NEWYORKHILLBILLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 05:07 PM   #67

Trailer: 2020 21NE - dual dinettes
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumboscott View Post
A 'tub drain extractor' (ace hardware) worked like a champ to get old male threads out of gray tank.
I didn’t know that an EZ out of that size existed! Glad you got it out so easily.
sherminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 07:59 PM   #68

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherminator View Post
I didn’t know that an EZ out of that size existed! Glad you got it out so easily.
That little tool may be worth it's weight in gold and passed around for others to use, keep it in a safe place.
Old 06-27-2020, 12:41 PM   #69

Trailer: Escape 17B - 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesPou View Post
I'm surprised I don't see more posts with similar damage. I'm also surprised Escape doesn't fix this known issue. I generally have a very high opinion of Escape, and absolutely love my Escape 21. however, the way the factory supports the drain pipe is definitely below standard, and should be improved IMO. cheers
--------------------
Good day to all : I have a similar leak issue with my 2019 E17B which I reported to ETI. Am currently in liaison with Dustin to fix the problem. Any opinion from your expert eyes will be much appreciated.
Thanks.

FélixW
Attached Thumbnails
E17B leak.jpg  
FélixW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 03:29 PM   #70

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21--FOR SALE
We got spoiled by the superb customer service Rease provided us from 2014 until the ownership changed. That legendary level of support was probably not sustainable as the network of Escape owners grew and the company changed hands.

Dustin took a couple of shots near the top of this thread but--for the record--he solved a defective door lock problem for us recently in a courteous and efficient manner, including advising us to re-use the original screws because the new ones are too long, and sending us the link to buy the replacement door lock from amazon.ca because it would save us the cost of shipping.
Thanks, Dustin!
Old 06-27-2020, 06:03 PM   #71

Trailer: Escape 17B
Quote:
I didn't see anyone discuss why plumbing may have failed. I have 2018 Escape 21, and appears OP has 2019 Escape 21, so our 2 trailers are probably very similar. on my trailer, the long black water drain pipe is supported OK, but not very durable. I have looked at other Escape 21 trailers and found they come from the factory same way.

on my trailer the pipe is supported by a length of hanging strap, connected to the metal frame on the inside with a small screw, attached to the fiberglass body on the outside with the same small screw, and appears to cradle/ support the pipe adequately. however, on my trailer, the screw holding the strap to the fiberglass pulled out of the fiberglass. I assume same happened to the OP. I guess I'm lucky I didn't have similar damage. to fix, I wrapped the strap around the pipe, and attached the strap to the metal frame with both ends of the strap coming together. Not an ideal solution, but was an easy fix, and appears to do the job. if I can remember, I'll provide some pics in the future.

I'm surprised I don't see more posts with similar damage. I'm also surprised Escape doesn't fix this known issue. I generally have a very high opinion of Escape, and absolutely love my Escape 21. however, the way the factory supports the drain pipe is definitely below standard, and should be improved IMO. cheers
Thank you for mentioning about this issue, I just took a look it is a small screw attached to the bottom of fiberglass body holding the black pipe strap. I for sure will do something right away for this.
mirage99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 06:05 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdf-texas View Post
I totally agree! I changed the hanger on my trailer soon after taken it home. That is a lot of stress being applied to the grey tank pipe connection the way Escape does it. Below is a pic of the way I remedied the problem. With the pipe hanging from a frame bracket using a rubber cushioned clamp, it should be good for a while. Also, the rubber coupling prevents tension from the black tank piping from putting tension on the grey tank piping and vice versa.
good idea to strength the holding, thank you
Old 06-27-2020, 06:08 PM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
You won't see one from me. Adding a second strap was one of the first things that I did when I got mine home. Seen to many trailers with dangling sewer pipes to depend on one strap.

Ron
Hey Ron, could you post a pic to show us how you added a second strap if available? Thx.
Old 06-27-2020, 11:00 PM   #74

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
This is a lighter version of the one by tdf-texas. Mine will support the pipe if the rear one at the valve takes a good hit. In that case, as long as it holds things up off the highway until I can pull over and doesn't let the whole assembly get ripped off I'll be happy. Hopefully that won't happen as I always stay on nice smooth roads.

Ron
Attached Thumbnails
IMGP0023_resize.JPG  
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 07:21 AM   #75

I wonder if the optional foam option helps support these pipes and protect them from road debris? This is not to say that Escape should not be adding additional support to these pipes, with or without the foam option....
Old 06-28-2020, 08:37 AM   #76

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I wonder if the optional foam option helps support these pipes and protect them from road debris? This is not to say that Escape should not be adding additional support to these pipes, with or without the foam option....
People are way too concerned with road rash. My 9 year old 19 had almost none at all after that time. The wheel wells were about the only place that showed any, as that is the only place stuff can be thrown up.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 08:42 AM   #77

I recall a couple of incidents with alligators(road debris) biting ones tanks over on FGRV as well as some issues here, as they say about jello keeping away elephants, it may work.
Old 06-28-2020, 12:52 PM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
This is a lighter version of the one by tdf-texas. Mine will support the pipe if the rear one at the valve takes a good hit. In that case, as long as it holds things up off the highway until I can pull over and doesn't let the whole assembly get ripped off I'll be happy. Hopefully that won't happen as I always stay on nice smooth roads.

Ron
Thank you Ron, it helps
Old 07-01-2020, 01:46 PM   #79

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21
pics of my plumbing fix, seems to be holding up OK, I hesitate to improve it, but carry spare strap and screws in case I need to repair on the road. yes, there is only one screw holding it on, pretty lame, but much better than OEM lols. cheers
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0782a.jpg   IMG_0781a.jpg  
CharlesPou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 03:13 PM   #80

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape - upgraded version
Quote:
pics of my plumbing fix, seems to be holding up OK, I hesitate to improve it, but carry spare strap and screws in case I need to repair on the road. yes, there is only one screw holding it on, pretty lame, but much better than OEM lols. cheers
Charles, I'm sure that you don't want to hear this but -- with the way the strap is installed, the piping has so much play to pivot up and down that it will probably break again.

A strap will support the piping if the attachment point is vertical from the pipe but supports very little if the attachment point is on the side of the pipe. Go back and look at Ron in BC's picture of his strap - the attachment point is directly above the pipe and the pipe suspends from the strap.

If you push on the bottom of the pipe, you will see how much the pipe can move up and down. It shouldn't move at all but if it does, that movement will cause the fitting at the tank to break again.