What TV are you using? - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-25-2023, 11:42 PM   #1

Trailer: 2023 Escape
What TV are you using?

We have our new 21ne which has the TV ready option. We are looking for a 24" smart tv with bluetooth and a tv that has holes that match the mounting bracket that Escape has supplied..

So far we have struck out!
RedRiderCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2023, 11:58 PM   #2
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
and here I thought TV meant Tow Vehicle.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2023, 12:09 AM   #3

Trailer: 2022 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRiderCan View Post
We have our new 21ne which has the TV ready option. We are looking for a 24" smart tv with bluetooth and a tv that has holes that match the mounting bracket that Escape has supplied..

I was looking at the insignia f20 at Best Buy. It is worth a look, but I’ve decided to hold off for now.
splitting_lanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2023, 06:15 AM   #4

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Quote:

I use a 24 inch ONN Roku TV from Walmart. But, I don't have the Escape installed mount. I installed my own mount.
TTMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2023, 06:48 AM   #5
Site Team

Quote:

There is a number of different VESA mount sizes, all in millimeters, like 100x100, 200x200, etc. Knowing the size of your mount should make it easier to match what TVs will fit it.
Old 11-26-2023, 07:31 AM   #6

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
Most small TVs will match up with the mount that Escape used in 2015. If they are still using the same mount it is a POS; it will not hold the weight of the TV horizontal (or parallel to the floor). I recommend changing it. As far as Bluetooth is concerned, Amazon sells (relatively inexpensive and small) Bluetooth modules, both sending and receiving. If the TV has input or output jacks, you can make any TV do what you want. For the record, our TV is a Toshiba. The Jensen stereo ETI installed in 2015 was not Bluetooth capable. I added one of these modules to be able to stream music and/or Sirius/XM from my phone. Because I sometimes use a Dish Wally and portable satellite antenna I have a Dish Network Bluetooth sending unit on the Wally for quiet viewing.
Old 11-26-2023, 10:07 PM   #7
Site Team

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21C, NTU April 2022
Supersonic 24" 12v and 120v TV with DVD player. See my post with photos here:

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f...tml#post426741
Old 11-26-2023, 10:15 PM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLynn View Post
Supersonic 24" 12v and 120v TV with DVD player. See my post with photos here:

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f...tml#post426741
so that mount supports 50x50, 75x75, and 100x100mm VESA patterns, and per the photo, that TV is using the 100x100
Old 11-27-2023, 01:23 AM   #9

Trailer: 2002 Bigfoot 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillylularson View Post
I want to be able to watch television on our longer trips. Is it worth getting cable installed as well as the antennae? How well does the antenna work? Or is there a way of getting something like Netflix? What’s a good way to connect to the internet in a trailer?

Thanks Maria
We inherited a 22” [24V] TV with our trailer. It has a fairly good antenna, which provides clear reception. But we tend to camp in the boondocks and rarely get more than a handful of channels.

If you plan to keep the trailer for several years, definitely install a quality antenna. But you can do so much better with streaming video, even when camping near large numbers of commercial TV channels.

Rather than cable, use your computer to access any of your current streaming arrangements. You will need an internet connection and your notebook computer. Get a MiFi device coupled with a good data plan. We have an AT&T Nighthawk MiFi unit with an unlimited data plan. We mainly use our internet connection to access our Mail, online banking accounts, digital newspapers, etc. I don’t believe we can function without unlimited internet access.

Last summer, we began experimenting with streaming services we subscribe to (HBO, APPLE TV, PRIME) as well as free services such as PBS Passport, news services and YouTube. What we do is hook up our computer to the TV via an HDML cable. We’re extremely happy with this setup.

I’m getting ready for winter camping & just ordered a Roku Streambar. This is a combo soundbar and streaming platform. This should help improve our TV’s audio and allow us to stream without having to hook the computer directly to the TV. If you’re happy with the sound quality of your TV eventually consider a Roku streaming stick or Apple TV. Just another way to make life easier.

Do you already have a TV? If not, do you camp or plan to eventually camp off grid? Because a 12v TV would allow you to watch without hookups. If you’re getting a new TV, get one with HDML ARC & 1 or 2 additional HDML inputs. I like having a 22” screen. But any purchasing decisions are dependent on the space you intend to put the TV.
Jane P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2023, 11:32 AM   #10

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
yeah, John, took me a while to get used to the tow vehicle lingo.
Old 11-27-2023, 11:37 AM   #11

Trailer: 2023 Escape
This is what the most recent mount looks like, there are only 2 mounting positions, 75mm and 100mm
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0601.jpg  
RedRiderCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2023, 11:48 AM   #12
Site Team

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21C, NTU April 2022
Re 'mifi' hotspots (I'm so out of it, I had to look up 'mifi'): I use my iPhone's hotspot. Problem is, in many state campgrounds we get only one bar (or even less sometimes) of cell reception (currently via AT&T). I've looked at signal amplifiers, but users (on forums like this) say they are both expensive and offer only marginal improvement of weak signals.

Some private campgrounds offer wireless network service, but I don't like to put my computer and phone at risk on public networks. Usually I can get some news on the IPhone or on radio; for movies, our TV plays DVDs. The public library in our town has a lot.
Old 11-27-2023, 11:43 PM   #13

Trailer: 5.0 TA "Sea'scape"
Quote:

Search Amazon or similar sites for "VESA mount adapter plate" to find what will allow you to fasten a TV with different mounting holes to the Escape-supplied TV mounting bracket. You may be disappointed that the result isn't very stable because the mounting bracket may be too flimsy for anything but a tiny TV.
Hawkeye Ed is offline   Reply With Quote