Where to put a Micro in a new 19? - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-12-2023, 07:40 PM   #21

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Nice install. What is that open ended clear plastic tube down near the wheel well? Seems odd to me.
Old 09-12-2023, 08:15 PM   #22

Trailer: 2016 E17B
microwave alternate location

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebrewer View Post
Or has anyone found an alternate location?
I have an E17B. I mounted a microwave on top of the cabinet that is between the dinette and the door of the E17B:

I moved the fire extinguisher to make room for the microwave. I attached the microwave to a piece of plywood then attached the plywood to the countertop with two screws coming from below. I observed all the appropriate clearances required by the microwave manufacturer. Its a low power microwave that I got so I could run it on the inverter I had already set up to run our Instant Pot. This microwave is almost 11 inches high including the plywood mount but it fits in this location.

I changed the cabinet door above the fridge to a tambour to reduce the potential incidence of brain damage and decapitation due to trailer users walking into the open door that ETI provides. Then instead of a microwave I keep dishes there.

climateguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2023, 08:31 PM   #23

Trailer: 2023 - 19F1
Good question - I was wondering that myself. It’s connected to a valve on the suction of the water pump. I didn’t discover it until I ripped out the panel on the left side of the lower cabinet in the picture - it was hidden and inaccessible. I haven’t done any research for it in the trailer manual - you’re the first to notice. The valve is a three-way that looks like it shifts the suction from the normal source (fresh water) to this open ended hose. So you could dunk it into a container of antifreeze to winterize? But it was hidden? Anyone know the real purpose?
homebrewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2023, 08:38 PM   #24

Trailer: 2023 - 19F1
Rubicon327 - I just looked at the picture again - how the heck did you even notice the tube? It’s barely visible?
homebrewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2023, 09:10 PM   #25

Trailer: 2021 E19 (Padawan)
Escapes have a winterizing pickup tube. The E19’s is under the bed. I use it every year.
Old 09-12-2023, 09:13 PM   #26

Quote:
Good question - I was wondering that myself. It’s connected to a valve on the suction of the water pump. I didn’t discover it until I ripped out the panel on the left side of the lower cabinet in the picture - it was hidden and inaccessible. I haven’t done any research for it in the trailer manual - you’re the first to notice. The valve is a three-way that looks like it shifts the suction from the normal source (fresh water) to this open ended hose. So you could dunk it into a container of antifreeze to winterize? But it was hidden? Anyone know the real purpose?
It definitely sounds like the winterizing tube that is put into an antifreeze container. It should be under the bed by the pump. Looks like the end just made its way inadvertently into that area.
Old 09-12-2023, 09:26 PM   #27

Quote:
Rubicon327 - I just looked at the picture again - how the heck did you even notice the tube? It’s barely visible?
Been in every corner of our 19 and a 21 doing mods. Maybe some things stand out to me that others might not even notice.
Old 09-13-2023, 07:47 AM   #28

Trailer: 2016 E17B
Quote:
The valve is a three-way that looks like it shifts the suction from the normal source (fresh water) to this open ended hose. So you could dunk it into a container of antifreeze to winterize?
It's for winterizing. It saves you from having to put antifreeze into your fresh tank to get it into the pump. I'm able to reduce the amount of antifreeze I use when I have a valve like this in the system. I installed one in my Scamp 16.

On an E17B it is accessible near the pump. Someone might call it "hidden", but if you are inspecting your plumbing system you can see it without removing any finished surface.
climateguy is offline   Reply With Quote