2017 Mississippi River Rendezvous September 29-Oct 1 - Page 13 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Rallies, Get-togethers, Gatherings or Events
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-21-2017, 09:01 PM   #241
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Or perhaps the fish, knowing they'll eventually be caught anyway, would prefer to go out under the hand of a man of color and wit like Dave, instead of a boring average fisherman? [emoji23]
Old 09-21-2017, 09:58 PM   #242

Trailer: 2017 19' 5/02/17
Yep know what you're talking about. With my group of friends we just hold up fingers letting them know how many times they've repeated the stories.
bsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 12:34 PM   #243

Trailer: A lovely 2017 Escape 21C
OK, back on topic about the rally.

How many people are we cooking for at the potluck dinner?

Looking forward to seeing many of the people I met in Osoyoos and to meeting many others from the forum.
Old 09-23-2017, 01:39 PM   #244

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Steven, (while I am admittedly a very poor cook and Mary is the opposite, so my opinion is essentially of very little value), I've always heard that if everyone who comes to a potluck, cooks enough to feed whoever is coming with them plus a little, that there is then plenty of food for everyone. Now it you want to talk about beer.....

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 01:53 PM   #245

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoer View Post
...I've always heard that if everyone who comes to a potluck, cooks enough to feed whoever is coming with them plus a little, that there is then plenty of food for everyone...
I've never understood this either as it is always suggested to bring enough for, say, 8-10 people. So if only ten people show up and bring the suggested amount, there's enough food to feed 80-100 people. I don't get it.
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 02:05 PM   #246

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Hi: All... Here's a question I hear alot. "What happens if everybody brings potato salad"? My answer is simple. "Then we're having potato salad"!!!
No one ever brings "Beer"!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 02:31 PM   #247
rfs

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21
Potluck guidelines

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoer View Post
Steven, (while I am admittedly a very poor cook and Mary is the opposite, so my opinion is essentially of very little value), I've always heard that if everyone who comes to a potluck, cooks enough to feed whoever is coming with them plus a little, that there is then plenty of food for everyone. Now it you want to talk about beer.....
Hi Steven. Paul asked me today to coordinate the potluck so here are a few guidelines.

Date and time: Saturday, September 30th at 5:00 PM
Place: The Stone Pavillion near the showerhouse on the riverbank.
What to bring:
A dish to share that will serve about 8 people
Your own table service
A drink of your choice

Tablecloths and napkins will be provided
Still have questions? Contact Rita Smith, Potluck Coordinator (rfs on the forum)
rfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 03:44 PM   #248

Trailer: Escape 19 (sold) Escape 21 2014
Well put Rita. I estimate there will be about 50 people present for the potluck. There are a number of visitors without Escape's that are planning to be around for Friday and Saturday, and some just for the trailer tours on Saturday from 12-3:00. They are always a fun group with all their questions.

Janet and I still talk about Lisa and Pete from last year, Lisa with her tape measure checking out the amount of floor space for her grand children to sleep on. They will be present this year with their new trailer, I want to see what Pete has done with his sewing and artistic skills on the interior. No pressure Pete, you still have a few days.
fudge_brownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 03:52 PM   #249

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
We're in good shape with Rita in charge. If she can keep Dave movin' in the right direction, she could be a professional cat herder!

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
Old 09-23-2017, 04:31 PM   #250

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21 ("Hotel California" -Aug 2017) Tow is 2016 GMC Canyon Duromax Diesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by fudge_brownie View Post
Well put Rita. I estimate there will be about 50 people present for the potluck. There are a number of visitors without Escape's that are planning to be around for Friday and Saturday, and some just for the trailer tours on Saturday from 12-3:00. They are always a fun group with all their questions.

Janet and I still talk about Lisa and Pete from last year, Lisa with her tape measure checking out the amount of floor space for her grand children to sleep on. They will be present this year with their new trailer, I want to see what Pete has done with his sewing and artistic skills on the interior. No pressure Pete, you still have a few days.
We get right on it ! :-)
Old 09-23-2017, 04:45 PM   #251

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenH View Post
I've never understood this either as it is always suggested to bring enough for, say, 8-10 people. So if only ten people show up and bring the suggested amount, there's enough food to feed 80-100 people. I don't get it.
LOL. Yes, maybe you could end up with an ongoing feast happening.

I think that they mean you are bringing one dish worth per person, one little part of a person's meal, and hopefully that is enough when added to everyone's else's little part of a meal.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 04:45 PM   #252

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
You got that right. Went shopping yesterday. Thought I knew what Rita needed. Got everything on the list. Spent a couple hours returning and getting the right stuff today, under the watchful eyes.
Dave
Old 09-23-2017, 04:52 PM   #253

Pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by escape artist View Post
Hi: All... Here's a question I hear alot. "What happens if everybody brings potato salad"? My answer is simple. "Then we're having potato salad"!!!
No one ever brings "Beer"!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
Hi Alf
Or if everyone brings pie. Oh man there's a concept : A Pie Potluck. First half of the alphabet brings pie, second half brings vanilla, French vanilla, Homemade vanilla or Vanilla bean ice cream. Rita made three pies for Niagara last weekend 18 pieces, two were left. Yes I did.
Iowa Dave
Old 09-24-2017, 03:02 PM   #254

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Is Rita making pie for next weekend hope so. We are starting our trek northward from GA in the morning going to Asheville NC before heading northwest to the rally.

Adrian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 05:40 PM   #255

Trailer: Previous 19 owners; Now an LTV, Unity MB class B+
As posted earlier, we are planning to see you all next weekend at the Rally. Our 19 isn't to be completed until next January, but apparently that is quicker than many of you have had to wait. Our build sheet is due by October 10th, so we are looking forward to this opportunity to confirm what we have selected, maybe consider/re-consider what we haven't selected, and in general have some fun. We, of course, don't have pictures to post yet of the 19, but we do have a picture of it's new home when not on the road.... So, TV, ; secured storage, ; fabric/floor covering/laminate, ; build sheet, ; and as fast as this summer has gone, completion is just around the corner !
Attached Thumbnails
storage unit.PNG  
kwic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 06:18 PM   #256

Ken, the rally might help you finalize your build sheet, with getting to see lots of Escapes in one spot. See you there!

Old 09-24-2017, 09:20 PM   #257

Trailer: 2023 21NE "Hardley II" 2021 Toyota Tacoma (Diesel Jeep stranded us twice so it had to go)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwic1 View Post
As posted earlier, we are planning to see you all next weekend at the Rally. Our 19 isn't to be completed until next January, but apparently that is quicker than many of you have had to wait. Our build sheet is due by October 10th, so we are looking forward to this opportunity to confirm what we have selected, maybe consider/re-consider what we haven't selected, and in general have some fun. We, of course, don't have pictures to post yet of the 19, but we do have a picture of it's new home when not on the road.... So, TV, ; secured storage, ; fabric/floor covering/laminate, ; build sheet, ; and as fast as this summer has gone, completion is just around the corner !
Going to the rally is definitely a good idea, we got some good ideas there, and had a good time too.

This will will be our third Mississippi River Rendezvous, but our first with an escape.

Our build sheet was due two days after last years event. Even after a year of researching and planning, we still changed our minds about a few things during the rally, and I'm glad we did.
Jimrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 07:16 PM   #258

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19
Mississippi River Rally - Site Available

Unfortunately, Marti and I have had to change our plans and we will not be able to attend the Rally this coming weekend. Someone else will now have the opportunity to finish dead last in the lug nuts contest! We had site 101 reserved for 3 nights and I have just cancelled the reservation. If someone has a site in one of the other loops, and would like to be part of the main group, perhaps you could change to site 101. Hope everyone has a great time at the Rally, sorry we will have to miss it.

Marti and John Walski
jpwalski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 08:00 PM   #259

Marti and John, you will be missed!

Old 09-25-2017, 08:09 PM   #260

Sorry you will not be able to attend. What a decent gesture to let everyone know a site has opened in the Rally loop
Thank you
Iowa Dave