How to browse pictures by Albums? - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Forum Help | Announcements | Suggestion Box
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 02-24-2016, 02:33 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Posts: 9,036
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
And how do you know when someone has an album?
If you click on a member's name (in the box on the left of their post) you can open their profile. On the right-hand side of the profile page there is a box for Albums, telling you if they have one and linking to it.

This is not really convenient, and when reading a thread the existence of the album for a participating member is not apparent.
__________________

Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 03:22 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
NW Cat Owner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Seatac, Washington
Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Posts: 2,492
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
If you click on a member's name (in the box on the left of their post) you can open their profile. On the right-hand side of the profile page there is a box for Albums, telling you if they have one and linking to it.

This is not really convenient, and when reading a thread the existence of the album for a participating member is not apparent.
Thanks Brian, and no it's not. Now that we have the trailer on order, I want to start looking at travel albums of various places folks have been so I can start figuring out where all I want to go in it. We already know the WA/OR coast and the Canadian Rockies are high on our list, but we need to figure out where! I thought travel albums might help.

I have done a bit of looking via the Gallery option, but was wondering if there was a way to find just a listing of albums. Guess not.
__________________

__________________
Laura and Dirk and Spike (the cat)
www.UnderKittySupervision.com
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 10:10 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
rbryan4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2015 F150 Ecoboost
Posts: 7,564
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
Thanks Brian, and no it's not. Now that we have the trailer on order, I want to start looking at travel albums of various places folks have been so I can start figuring out where all I want to go in it. We already know the WA/OR coast and the Canadian Rockies are high on our list, but we need to figure out where! I thought travel albums might help.

I have done a bit of looking via the Gallery option, but was wondering if there was a way to find just a listing of albums. Guess not.
While you can't list all the albums, you can get to an album easily if you click on a particular photo. Here's the order:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cap1.JPG (91.2 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg cap2.JPG (72.1 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg cap3.JPG (96.3 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg cap4.JPG (177.2 KB, 11 views)
__________________
"You can't buy happiness, but you can buy an RV. And that is pretty close."
rbryan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 12:34 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
float5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Denison, Texas
Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Posts: 4,898
Community above contains the albums for anyone who does not know that.
__________________
Cathy. Floating Cloud
"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.... "
Emerson
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 01:08 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Posts: 9,036
Quote:
Originally Posted by float5 View Post
Community above contains the albums for anyone who does not know that.
Yes, you can easily get to the Categories view, but I think some of us are disappointed that once you pick a category the images are not grouped into albums. It defaults to Images ordered by date (newest first) and the only control the viewer has is to reverse the order (to oldest first).

This is the URL for this view (in this example, for the Trailer and Tow Vehicles category):
Code:
http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/album.php?do=category&catid=2&sort=desc
There are three arguments in this, suggesting that there might be a choice for "sort" other than "desc", or another argument to drive different behaviour... so the forum software may be capable of better but the web page doesn't offer it.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 02:35 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
NW Cat Owner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Seatac, Washington
Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Posts: 2,492
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
While you can't list all the albums, you can get to an album easily if you click on a particular photo. Here's the order:
Perfect, thanks! I also clicked on your name off to the left and yep, it took me to your profile and your albums were listed there. For the other folks I tried, they didn't have any albums, which didn't help the confusion level.

I also clicked on one of the random photos that came up and follow it through to their album.
__________________

__________________
Laura and Dirk and Spike (the cat)
www.UnderKittySupervision.com
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.