How to browse pictures by Albums? - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Forum Help | Announcements | Suggestion Box
Click Here to Login

Old 02-24-2016, 02:33 PM   #11

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
And how do you know when someone has an album?
If you click on a member's name (in the box on the left of their post) you can open their profile. On the right-hand side of the profile page there is a box for Albums, telling you if they have one and linking to it.

This is not really convenient, and when reading a thread the existence of the album for a participating member is not apparent.

Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 03:22 PM   #12

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
If you click on a member's name (in the box on the left of their post) you can open their profile. On the right-hand side of the profile page there is a box for Albums, telling you if they have one and linking to it.

This is not really convenient, and when reading a thread the existence of the album for a participating member is not apparent.
Thanks Brian, and no it's not. Now that we have the trailer on order, I want to start looking at travel albums of various places folks have been so I can start figuring out where all I want to go in it. We already know the WA/OR coast and the Canadian Rockies are high on our list, but we need to figure out where! I thought travel albums might help.

I have done a bit of looking via the Gallery option, but was wondering if there was a way to find just a listing of albums. Guess not.

Old 02-24-2016, 10:10 PM   #13

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2015 F150 Ecoboost
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
Thanks Brian, and no it's not. Now that we have the trailer on order, I want to start looking at travel albums of various places folks have been so I can start figuring out where all I want to go in it. We already know the WA/OR coast and the Canadian Rockies are high on our list, but we need to figure out where! I thought travel albums might help.

I have done a bit of looking via the Gallery option, but was wondering if there was a way to find just a listing of albums. Guess not.
While you can't list all the albums, you can get to an album easily if you click on a particular photo. Here's the order:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cap1.JPG (91.2 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg cap2.JPG (72.1 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg cap3.JPG (96.3 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg cap4.JPG (177.2 KB, 11 views)
Old 02-25-2016, 12:34 AM   #14

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Community above contains the albums for anyone who does not know that.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 01:08 AM   #15

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by float5 View Post
Community above contains the albums for anyone who does not know that.
Yes, you can easily get to the Categories view, but I think some of us are disappointed that once you pick a category the images are not grouped into albums. It defaults to Images ordered by date (newest first) and the only control the viewer has is to reverse the order (to oldest first).

This is the URL for this view (in this example, for the Trailer and Tow Vehicles category):
Code:
http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/album.php?do=category&catid=2&sort=desc
There are three arguments in this, suggesting that there might be a choice for "sort" other than "desc", or another argument to drive different behaviour... so the forum software may be capable of better but the web page doesn't offer it.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 02:35 PM   #16

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
While you can't list all the albums, you can get to an album easily if you click on a particular photo. Here's the order:
Perfect, thanks! I also clicked on your name off to the left and yep, it took me to your profile and your albums were listed there. For the other folks I tried, they didn't have any albums, which didn't help the confusion level.

I also clicked on one of the random photos that came up and follow it through to their album.