Georgia 21 Registration - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Paper Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 12-03-2018, 07:07 AM   #1

Trailer: 21 on Dec. 18!
Georgia 21 Registration

Just a heads up for anyone in Georgia. Check you Order and Completion dates.

I live in DeKalb county and when I went to the title/tag office to register the 21 I'm picking up in next few weeks. The clerk told me that because the Order Date on the Bill of Sale was July I'd have to pay over $1000 in late fees!

I explained and showed to her several different ways that the trailer wasn't even completed yet. Couldn't convince her, or her supervisor, that there's no way a late fee should be applied to an unfinished vehicle. Their excuse was that the program in use only allowed them to use that date. (I call B/S on that)

Went home, contacted the wonderful people at Escape, had them change the date on the Bill of Sale to December, went back to the the tag office and sailed through the process.

rotorbudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 07:17 AM   #2
Site Team

Trailer: 2019 2ndG Escape 21'LE DejaView pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
As an old bureaucrat myself, I learned early on that common sense out trumps stupid rules and with the introduction of electronics the common saying " the computer says" I stop them and ask them to replay that audio. Before computers there were people and they are the ones you want to deal with in the guvmint. That said, a recent visit to the local office revealed to me that today they treat people like numbers, no feelings, just blank stares and the old "that is not allowable"!! No respect for the ones who pay their salaries.

Old 12-04-2018, 06:42 AM   #3

Trailer: 2014 21' Escape
A new 21' Escape in Georgia not far from me, exciting! My biggest dilemma when I went to register the 2014' 21' we bought a couple of months ago was when they asked how much I paid for it (that's how they base the amount of tax), was I supposed to be 100% honest? I flubbed a little but not so much I can;t sleep with myself.
As far as government goes I have some friends that make VERY GOOD money working for the feds and their retirement packages are also amazing. It would not bother me as much if they actually had to work for this money, both seem to make a good living doing very little.

We need to have a Georgia Rally at some point. Enjoy your new home on wheels.

Safe travels to all,

Steve
stratos175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 11:53 AM   #4

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21'
I'm in for a Ga rally --and go Atl UNITED!!!
Ripple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 12:24 PM   #5

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Work

Working in a number of situations for 50 years, I’ve experienced indifference, laziness, internal theft and other similar behaviors. I also knew a policeman who was killed in a shootout, a water pollution control man who was electrocuted and several other instances of debilitating injuries. Point being, regardless of the job, there’s every level of performance possible at one time or another. I saw union auto workers sleeping in cardboard boxes, and city workers sleeping in trucks. I worked for a family business where the owner was too lazy to pursue sales opportunities after his dad had worked 6 and 7 days a week building the business. Just like equipment, I don’t knock the actions of others and how they make their living. It’s just not me.
Iowa Dave
Old 12-04-2018, 02:55 PM   #6

Maybe we could have a mini rally this spring! I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions once we get the trailer home.
I'm leaving for Chilliwack middle of next week. Orientation is the 19th, I'll hang around the area a few days to make sure everything is working and then I'll be picking my wife up at Sea-Tac the 23rd.
We'll just work our way south then east. The owner of a 21 who lives in Signal Hill told me " go south on 5 until you see a palm tree then turn left", so I'm hoping to be back by the middle of Jan.

Richard
Old 12-04-2018, 05:15 PM   #7

Trailer: 2018 Ford F 150, Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotorbudd View Post
Maybe we could have a mini rally this spring! I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions once we get the trailer home.
I'm leaving for Chilliwack middle of next week. Orientation is the 19th, I'll hang around the area a few days to make sure everything is working and then I'll be picking my wife up at Sea-Tac the 23rd.
We'll just work our way south then east. The owner of a 21 who lives in Signal Hill told me " go south on 5 until you see a palm tree then turn left", so I'm hoping to be back by the middle of Jan.

Richard
If you head East on I 10, and go through Quartzsite, stop in at the Long Term Visitor Center (LaPosa West) and say hello!
Old 12-04-2018, 05:43 PM   #8

Thanks for the offer Jon, but my wife was born in Albuquerque and she's saying we have to go I-40 on the way back.
I'd love to see Quartzsite one winter, maybe next year.
Old 12-05-2018, 06:37 AM   #9

Trailer: 2014 21' Escape
Sounds like you have some fun days ahead of you with your shiny new toy !

A rally in the spring sounds like a great idea, problem as you know is getting sites these days unless you plan well in advance. We bought our trailer never seeing the inside of one so hopefully one day soon enough we will get to compare 1st generation and 2nd generation side by side.
My other 1/2 still has to work full time, me sort of decided to work less and camp more starting next year, will be going to Edisto Beach end of this month and then Crooked River State park end of January and hoping to go somewhere almost every month in 2019.

Enjoy the journey and your new home on wheels.

Steve

stratos175 is offline   Reply With Quote