19 build sheet completed - Page 6 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 10-29-2014, 04:23 PM   #51
Member
 
Ellentob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Charlottesville, Virginia
Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Posts: 72
19 Build list

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
OK, here's the latest build sheet for our 19, pored over multiple times. I learned before not to use the word 'final', but I don't know of anything else we will be adding:
2 Burner Stainless Steel Stove & Range hood--I'd rethink the range hood. The kitchen is much more open and bright without it. You have the maxx fan for quiet and efficient venting.

Additional Drawer under Wardrobe Closet --This was a terrific addition.

Outside storage box--Can't praise it enough. Having all the outside stuff in one place makes setting up quick and easy.

Extra Insulation & Thermal Windows--This too was a great addition Kept the interior quiet and warm.

Inverter 1500W Includes transfer Switch /all outlets --Only if you intend to use 110 volt appliances when off grid.

Raise dinette floor 4"--This was well worth the money.

We are happy with the U shaped dinette and would consider that more useful than some other options like chrome rims and light switches.

I agree with you on the bed in the 19. We spent some of the most comfortable nights in our new 19. Best of luck with yours.
__________________

Ellentob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 04:29 PM   #52
Senior Member
 
rbryan4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2015 F150 Ecoboost
Posts: 7,564
[QUOTE=Ellentob;71385]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
OK, here's the latest build sheet for our 19, pored over multiple times. I learned before not to use the word 'final', but I don't know of anything else we will be adding:

2 Burner Stainless Steel Stove & Range hood--I'd rethink the range hood. The kitchen is much more open and bright without it. You have the maxx fan for quiet and efficient venting.

Additional Drawer under Wardrobe Closet --This was a terrific addition.

Outside storage box--Can't praise it enough. Having all the outside stuff in one place makes setting up quick and easy.

Extra Insulation & Thermal Windows--This too was a great addition Kept the interior quiet and warm.

Inverter 1500W Includes transfer Switch /all outlets --Only if you intend to use 110 volt appliances when off grid.

Raise dinette floor 4"--This was well worth the money.

We are happy with the U shaped dinette and would consider that more useful than some other options like chrome rims and light switches.

I agree with you on the bed in the 19. We spent some of the most comfortable nights in our new 19. Best of luck with yours.
Thanks very much for the feedback!

- I saw trailers with and without the hood. I just like the look of the stainless. (bling factor?)
- Yes, we do intend to use 110V off grid.
- We really bounced back and forth on the U-shaped Dinette, but it is a bit smaller than the dinette in the 21, and the U-shape would really cut down on the table size. What we really debated was to convert the permanent bed into a custom U-shape lounge area, but in the end we like the permanent bed for ease of use.
__________________

__________________
"You can't buy happiness, but you can buy an RV. And that is pretty close."
rbryan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 05:17 PM   #53
Site Team
 
cpaharley2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: York, Pennsylvania
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Posts: 13,654
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
- We really bounced back and forth on the U-shaped Dinette, but it is a bit smaller than the dinette in the 21, and the U-shape would really cut down on the table size. What we really debated was to convert the permanent bed into a custom U-shape lounge area, but in the end we like the permanent bed for ease of use.
That is what I'd do if I thought of downsizing
__________________
Jim
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why………..Mark Twain
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 08:18 PM   #54
Senior Member
 
float5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Denison, Texas
Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Posts: 4,898
I had the opposite impression regarding the lounge area in the 21', feeling that it is smaller than in the 19'. One reason for that is that the 19' lounge has the door side open --- no wall there. So one can sit with back to the front wall and have legs extended into the doorway area. No way to extend legs on either side of the 21' because of walls on both sides.

We saw Cheryl's chrome rims and they were so beautiful that I may want those.

Raising dinette floor 4" costs how much compared to adding to the cushions? Does the step ever seem a problem? I like the U.
__________________
Cathy. Floating Cloud
"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.... "
Emerson
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 09:33 PM   #55
Senior Member
 
rbryan4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2015 F150 Ecoboost
Posts: 7,564
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floating Cloud View Post
I had the opposite impression regarding the lounge area in the 21'
Yeah, funny how that works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floating Cloud View Post
Raising dinette floor 4" costs how much compared to adding to the cushions? Does the step ever seem a problem? I like the U.
It's a $300 option. If we had really long legs, maybe the raised cushions would worked. I like my feet on the floor when I eat. I don't see the step up as an issue.
__________________
"You can't buy happiness, but you can buy an RV. And that is pretty close."
rbryan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 11:26 PM   #56
Site Team
 
cpaharley2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: York, Pennsylvania
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Posts: 13,654
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floating Cloud View Post
I had the opposite impression regarding the lounge area in the 21', feeling that it is smaller than in the 19'. One reason for that is that the 19' lounge has the door side open --- no wall there. So one can sit with back to the front wall and have legs extended into the doorway area. No way to extend legs on either side of the 21' because of walls on both sides.

We saw Cheryl's chrome rims and they were so beautiful that I may want those.

Raising dinette floor 4" costs how much compared to adding to the cushions? Does the step ever seem a problem? I like the U.
Here is another option for the lounge area, I did this to BlackJack and one can stretch out across the entire width of the trailer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN1371.JPG (126.4 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN1372.JPG (130.2 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN1373.JPG (134.2 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN1370.JPG (126.0 KB, 19 views)
__________________
Jim
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why………..Mark Twain
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 11:50 PM   #57
Senior Member
 
float5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Denison, Texas
Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Posts: 4,898
Cheryl has such a board to add, on her 21' we saw. Jim, so you have dispensed with the table? I would like to dispense with it but we are used to putting quite a lot on it. We find the 19' table too big but do not know what alternative we might want yet. So you are using a stooge table or two instead, I take it.

I can't stand those cones on the floor if the table is removed but then you must have them to be able to use it if needed. Also never know in some rare case if the bed would have to be made up, so have to keep the table in the trailer.
__________________
Cathy. Floating Cloud
"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.... "
Emerson
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 12:58 AM   #58
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Posts: 9,036
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floating Cloud View Post
We saw Cheryl's chrome rims and they were so beautiful that I may want those.
Polished aluminum alloy, rather than chrome, right?
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 01:01 AM   #59
Senior Member
 
float5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Denison, Texas
Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Posts: 4,898
Yes, aluminum. I was repeating what someone said above. They are so spiffy.
__________________
Cathy. Floating Cloud
"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.... "
Emerson
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 01:08 AM   #60
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Posts: 9,036
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floating Cloud View Post
Yes, aluminum... They are so spiffy.
Agreed!
__________________

Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.