Quality - Page 6 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-06-2021, 08:41 AM   #101

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerMan View Post
One has only to look around and realize that is exactly the world we live in. As you say, Sad!
I try to remain optimistic. Escape has an official recall for the Dometic ovens so I'm hoping that Airxcel/Suburban steps up with a recall for the cooktops and this prompts Escape to issue the same. In the meantime I don't see how a letter from Escape could hurt that says they are investigating reports of a potentially faulty product and that they are working with the manufacturer. They wouldn't be admitting liability and at the same time they are trying to protect customers.
Old 07-06-2021, 08:59 AM   #102

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
from tdf-texas in response to my earlier post: I'm sorry to inform you that the days of "Reace and Tammy days" and the "QC" that was done is BS.

My experience is in direct contradiction to your statement.

I picked up my 2018 17A in May 2018. I camped for a week, then attended the Osoyoos Rally. At one point Reace was visiting with the couple next door to me. He came over and asked what was making that squeaking sound. He asked me to move around at the dinette and went outside. He took the crank and adjusted one of the stabilizers. The squeak disappeared. That he even noticed the noise was amazing.

Then he noted that I had a layer of three leveler blocks strapped to the step. He asked why, and I said it's a big distance for me from the step to the entry. He noted I had the lift and asked if I had spray insulation under. When I said no, he said, just stop at the factory on your way by and we will change it out for the other step usually used on the non-lift models.

The change was done in a few minutes and I expected to pay for the labor cost, at least. He wouldn't hear of it.

Since I have two full dinettes, they had to order extra of my optional countertop. There was almost a whole sheet left, which they gave me initially, but it took up the entire back of my highlander from behind the driver's seat to the rear window. I asked if they could cut it in two pieces and it was done immediately with a smile.

My friend (who has a 2017 17b that influenced my purchase within an hour of viewing hers) has similar stories.

I'm sure things slipped through the cracks under Reace and Tammy's ownership, and your experience testifies to this. However, that doesn't make others' experiences "BS".
Old 07-06-2021, 09:16 AM   #103

Trailer: 2021 Escape E5.0; 2021 F150 PowerBoost
Even if some things slipped under the cracks, the attitude and commitment to quality you (and others) report is remarkable. And, as a customer who faced one or more of the problems that slipped under the cracks, it will be a lot easier to take and the owners would cut some slack if the company that made it stood behind and committed to support it. Seem like Reace and Tammy did that - and that’s what explains the scores of happy customers.
kavm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 10:26 AM   #104

Trailer: 2020 21' Escape
Would love to discuss it with you but I can't wipe the smile off my face. We have a 2020 21"
Escape.
ESCAPERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 11:34 AM   #105

Trailer: 2020 Escape 21NE
We sold our Rpod and bought an Escape 21NE because of the quality. We took a hard look at the Oliver also but couldn't justify the higher expense and weight. We've used our Escape 21 a lot in the 14 months we've had it and pulled it 6000 miles and are still very happy with the quality build.
Old 07-07-2021, 11:37 AM   #106

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by kavm View Post
Even if some things slipped under the cracks, the attitude and commitment to quality you (and others) report is remarkable. And, as a customer who faced one or more of the problems that slipped under the cracks, it will be a lot easier to take and the owners would cut some slack if the company that made it stood behind and committed to support it. Seem like Reace and Tammy did that - and that’s what explains the scores of happy customers.
Hi: kavm... When you "Stand behind" things you have a tendancy to be "Over run"!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 11:54 AM   #107

Trailer: 2020 21NE
Quote:
Originally Posted by diannelgraham View Post
I would really like to see my trailer come with a final QC check list that escape has tested and verified before I take delivery. Yes I realize things break on the second use. I’m keeping my fingers crossed my new trailer is absolutely PERFECT…..
Yes, yes, yes.
ghampshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 12:05 PM   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofmerc View Post
If its what you want....why y'all complaining? The Escape is no Airstream for sure..and also doesn't have the price tag... You were the one complaining...
He wasn't complaining, he was answering the original question and stating facts. Why all the animosity when everybody agrees that the quality and customer service are not what they should be in days gone by when ETI made its reputation?

Looks like you have ordered one. Will you be "complaining" if things don't work as they should?
Old 07-07-2021, 12:12 PM   #109

I agree wholeheartedly. Issues are issues and should not be minimized whether they be appliance manufacturer or ETI created problems. Quality control and customer service should be top notch on a trailer that costs top notch.
Old 07-07-2021, 12:17 PM   #110

Exactly. Kudos.
Old 07-07-2021, 12:20 PM   #111

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghampshi View Post
Exactly. Kudos.

Who, what are you responding to? Suggest you use QUOTE function.
Old 07-07-2021, 12:22 PM   #112

Yes, but Karl making changes to the "production" process does not fix your (and existing customers) problems. No offer of remedy or compensation?
Old 07-07-2021, 01:21 PM   #113

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Guarantee

Quote:
Originally Posted by escape artist View Post
Hi: kavm... When you "Stand behind" things you have a tendancy to be "Over run"!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
It’s not exactly a new thing when companies don’t want to stand behind their equipment.
New Idea manufacturing made farm equipment for years but would never stand behind their manure spreader.
Iowa Dave
Old 07-07-2021, 01:38 PM   #114

Trailer: "Side Effect" 2022 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
It’s not exactly a new thing when companies don’t want to stand behind their equipment.
New Idea manufacturing made farm equipment for years but would never stand behind their manure spreader.
Iowa Dave
I guess that's why I've never heard of New Idea Manufacturing?
WillyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 02:28 PM   #115

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Escape makes the best trailers on the planet for the money. Even trailers twice cost don’t compare.

The pros, highest quality, very low depreciation, sell fast if you have to, don’t leak, great value, and again highest quality.

The cons, no leaky slides, no fireplace option, no lazy boy recliner, can’t carry ATV’s and don’t come with 4 bunks.

We had a 2007 Escape 17B but wanted something just a bit bigger for extended trips. After looking at a dozen RV dealerships my wife says to me just call and order a 19 from Escape or we’ll be having this conversation next year. Nothing else compares, sorry Airstream.
Doug2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 02:52 PM   #116

Trailer: 2011 Escape 17B
In 2011, We took possession of our new 17B. Even then, Escape offered some variety in their interior choices. I convinced my husband to purchase it as I didn’t like him camping out in the bush in a tent from a safety standpoint. We also lived within an hour and a half of Escape Industries and not having owned a trailer before, felt more confident in choosing an Escape. As my hubby was going to be the main user of the trailer, I wanted finishes that would be more appealing to him. Escape didn’t have an arborite/laminate that I liked so I asked if I could supply my own choice. Same with the flooring options - I provided it, they installed it. I wanted black counter edging, they didn’t have a supplier for that so I ordered it from a place in Texas and they installed it. I provided black button covers for the side splashes and had them install plywood behind the stove area so I could install whatever blacksplash I wanted later - I ended up installing a mirrored plexi. I was almost afraid to make my last request - I didn’t want the large Escape decal on the front. Tammy said “Really? No one has ever requested that!” She said it wasn’t a problem and my wish was granted. They were very accomodating and years later, we had a good laugh that my decor choices had become standard in their offerings. Those that had the privilege of dealing with Reace and Tammy know what a privilege it was. Saying that, this is a tough time for RV manufacturers with supply and personnel issues due to Covid. My best friend’s very expensive 2 year old Jayco has been in and out for repairs, most recently for cracked tanks and now seems to have a frame issue not covered under warranty. As they only stay in RV parks, the trailer has not been under any stress conditions so they are extremely disappointed. As for our Escape, we have been happily issue free and happy campers!
LBaranyai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 02:57 PM   #117

Trailer: 2011 Escape 17B
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
Iowa Dave
I wouldn’t stand behind a manure spreader either!
Yuck!
LBaranyai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 04:54 PM   #118

Trailer: Leaning towards a new 21’
The lawyers say to never, ever admit to any knowledge of a defect- whether it is of your doing or a third party. In a liability case it will cost the corporation money.
Gary737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 04:57 PM   #119

Trailer: 2021 Escape E5.0; 2021 F150 PowerBoost
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghampshi View Post
He wasn't complaining, he was answering the original question and stating facts. Why all the animosity when everybody agrees that the quality and customer service are not what they should be in days gone by when ETI made its reputation?

Looks like you have ordered one. Will you be "complaining" if things don't work as they should?

Well said!
kavm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 07:15 PM   #120

Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
The previous 2 stick-built RV's we had were both new or nearly new and the roofs leaked within one year. This is the main most important reason we went with Escape and fiberglass construction. We still haven't had any leaks on our 2017 17B and that's a win. There have been small issues like the stabilizer jacks coming loose, bathroom fan seal, etc. However, if you've ever had a leaky RV you know how frustrating that is and how just about everything else is less important, so no big deal.

Escapes are definitely more expensive than stick-built, but in my mind most of that difference is the fiberglass construction. The rest of it is pretty standard and there will be problems.

The truly premium products like Oliver and the Black Series campers are SO heavy I never even considered them. The Oliver Legacy Elite is 1,000 lbs heavier than an Escape 17B. A Black Series HQ15 is 2,000 lbs heavier. I've heard lots of quality complaints about the almost as heavy Airstream trailers so not sure if they are really a premium product although they DO look awesome.

Escape fills the niche of reasonably priced fiberglass + lighter weight so you don't have to have a dedicated tow vehicle.
skyfree is offline   Reply With Quote