Hint for new owners....... - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2021, 01:28 PM   #21

Trailer: 2021 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by C&G in FL View Post
Cute! I don’t ask for you to be sorry for me; I wasn’t complaining, just stating facts. I’ve owned two Toyotas, both of which have had some maintenance issues. However, brake replacements, oil and filter changes, many sets of tires, etc. have added up to substantial investment on all vehicles and like some people here, I don’t expect things to last forever. And no, I’m not one of those fans nor am I getting any more of a kickback than you are getting from Toyota. I am, as I said, sick of all the pointless complaining. Got a problem, man up and deal with it. When I was raising adolescents, I expected whining. Unfortunately, some people never outgrow adolescence and name calling. And it isn’t hard to discern a request for information/assistance from outright complaining that will not solve anything.
So here it now is, straight from the hateful 8…

Everyone stop expecting below average quality for your money, and never point out how easily improvements can be made.
All is perfect comrade.

If you do Dads going to scold you.
Old 09-22-2021, 01:35 PM   #22

Trailer: 2017 21c Sold, 2023 Bigfoot 25RQ
Go buy an airstream
Old 09-22-2021, 01:47 PM   #23

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldwave View Post
Go buy an airstream
Old 09-22-2021, 02:12 PM   #24
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
WHAT happened to this thread? It started with a tip from Jim and ends with a bunch of childish name calling.

A couple of members are dangerously close to getting membership demerits.

KNOCK IT OFF!
Old 09-22-2021, 03:21 PM   #25

Trailer: 21' Escape Trailer
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdmixer View Post
2019 Trailer now have to install a new window due to defect. Broken sewer cap, broken tube cap the list goes on. Escape has no concern they got paid and it’s out of warranty. No reason for the uneducated reply’s that several members are good at.
I responded to the title of this topic. The next several posts below are some of the examples of the bullies on this forum. Unlike some of you older trailer owners I bought a 2019 fully loaded Escape trailer at close to $50,000 dollars. A Hyundai offers a better warranty. Love to see all these people with the thousand of helpful posts. I got a life.
Old 09-22-2021, 03:34 PM   #26

Trailer: 2017 21c Sold, 2023 Bigfoot 25RQ
This forum is best at helping each , legitimate criticism about issues usually will get a response with helpful advice. Jim is great about this as well as many members who have been here for a while. Conflict seems to be the sign of the times, ughh. If I have had an issue there have been many users offering up solutions. Donna and the other moderators have their thankless job to try to keep these discussions civilized. I like my trailer but have criticized some of the philosophy in construction. Would I buy another one ? Probably.
Old 09-22-2021, 03:37 PM   #27

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
Hyundai does offer an exceptional warranty that's why i bought one years ago. I also paid around 50k for my trailer but I am very happy with my purchase this is my second Escape. I'm not trying to bully anyone. I'm sorry you are unhappy with your trailer. Hope it doesn't hamper your enjoyment of camping.
Old 09-22-2021, 04:43 PM   #28

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Hole in one

If you have a sink cover and did not have the choice of whether or not a hole was drilled, Well
when Escape gives you a hole, make it into a hole-der. Red solo cup can mess you up, let’s have a party let’s have a party. Your glass doesn’t get tippy so you can. You are very welcome.
Iowa Dave
Attached Thumbnails
9CC43707-5499-4BAA-9A96-04D5A1AC903B.jpg   626238BE-8607-4389-9F81-816C7E816ABA.jpg  
Old 09-22-2021, 06:54 PM   #29

Trailer: Escape 17 B second generation 2016
More holes

We added a second, larger hole because occasionally we got drips while traveling. Keeps it in the sink.
Attached Thumbnails
C3F64171-D76E-4CB5-8980-44FA0D83031C.jpg  
Old 09-23-2021, 12:05 AM   #30

Trailer: 2018 -21-picked up in May 2019 / 2018 F 150 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
If you have a sink cover and did not have the choice of whether or not a hole was drilled, Well
when Escape gives you a hole, make it into a hole-der. Red solo cup can mess you up, let’s have a party let’s have a party. Your glass doesn’t get tippy so you can. You are very welcome.
Iowa Dave
Old 09-23-2021, 12:21 AM   #31

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
Heck, I'd have welcomed a sink-cover with or without a hole ... for some reason that was omitted in my recent 5.0 delivery (yes, I've now thoroughly explored all nooks, crannies, and all of the many 'wrapped-and-packed items'; I do have a big chunk of the matching custom Formica used in my build).

Oh well, of little concern and I'm not complaining to ETI .... a different sink is very likely in my future anyway, I just ordered the standard sink and cooktop knowing I'd not be able to decide on inevitable galley mods until I've lived with the trailer for awhile.

No worries, We Are having Fun Now !

(and I think Jim's OP is a useful hint, just to make folks aware of the option no matter which way they decide to go )
Old 09-29-2021, 11:49 AM   #32

Trailer: 2021 21C
I used ours to cover the sink. Extra counter space.
Old 09-29-2021, 04:12 PM   #33

Trailer: 2017 F250
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Request that Escape NOT drill a hole in your sink cover, it can be used as a pop up table with purchase of 2 hinge brackets......
Check the size, I had Escape send me a countertop extension. (I had a set of hinges.) I did it because I knew it would fit. I don’t know offhand what the size of the cut out for the sink is. Is it the same size? If it’s the same size are close it might be a good deal. I should note that we hardly ever use our cut out. Probably close to zero times
Old 09-29-2021, 09:17 PM   #34

Trailer: New 21 Escape (not classic)10/16 Sold Lil Snoozy 7/16
Winterizing an escape

We will be keeping our Escape 21 C up in Manteno Illinois this Winter All you Northern Escape owners what should be done first
1 drain hot water tank and turn the bypass valves
2 open all sink faucets and pump the pink RV fluid until we see pink in all faucets The water is used for shower and clean up not drinking
3 put moth balls throughout RV
4.what else should be done thanks this is for a newbie RV persons leaving his camper up north
Old 09-29-2021, 09:37 PM   #35

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennykatz View Post
We will be keeping our Escape 21 C up in Manteno Illinois this Winter All you Northern Escape owners what should be done first
1 drain hot water tank and turn the bypass valves
2 open all sink faucets and pump the pink RV fluid until we see pink in all faucets The water is used for shower and clean up not drinking
3 put moth balls throughout RV
4.what else should be done thanks this is for a newbie RV persons leaving his camper up north
Hi: jennykatz... I put drier sheets in the cupboards. The smellier the better. I understand mice don't like the smell and neither do I. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
Old 09-29-2021, 09:51 PM   #36

Trailer: 2018 21 Sept 7 2018
I let my family of spayed/neutered feral cats keeps the mice away from our house n escape barn.

David
Old 09-29-2021, 10:55 PM   #37

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
I put a few dri z air de humidifier containers out in a plastic tub, replenish & drain them throughout the winter as needed. https://www.google.com/aclk?sa=L&ai=...gQIARBH&adurl=
We also leave all cabinets open & place cushions on end for ventilation.
Old 09-30-2021, 07:40 AM   #38

Trailer: New 21 Escape (not classic)10/16 Sold Lil Snoozy 7/16
Batteries

Also for winter hibernation besides moth balls and dryer sheets we have 160 watt solar the batteries have to stay in camper should I shut off battery sw or leave it on ? We usually bring it back to Florida this time of year But I just had knee surgery so I didn’t think it was a good idea plus time restraints at work I think also check fluid level in batteries? What am I missing
Old 09-30-2021, 07:43 AM   #39

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Also for winter hibernation besides moth balls and dryer sheets we have 160 watt solar the batteries have to stay in camper should I shut off battery sw or leave it on ? We usually bring it back to Florida this time of year But I just had knee surgery so I didn’t think it was a good idea plus time restraints at work I think also check fluid level in batteries? What am I missing
I'd leave it on to keep the batteries charged.....
Old 09-30-2021, 08:38 AM   #40

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Hi: jennykatz... No matter how you do it... you'll be missing your trailer!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
Closed Thread