Basic rv for beginners,,,, - Page 7 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 06-09-2018, 02:35 PM   #61
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2018 F150 2.7L Ecoboost
Quote:
Originally Posted by robinp View Post
Hello All, Can you tell me how you like the storage box that is now made to go between the propane tanks and the actual trailer? (I have a 2010 17'). Did you have to pick it up or is it able to be sent?
robinp in Carmicahel
The storage box is our most used and favorite feature on the trailer. We would not be without it. They're made by Escape so you can take the trailer to them to have a box installed. I'm not aware of anyone having one shipped to them (the shipping charge because of dimensional weight would be quite high) but you can always ask.

As for "Carmicahel", if you mean Carmichael Saskatechewan, you're some distance, but it might be worth the trip. Escape can also check out and repair other minor problems while you're there, and you get to see beautiful BC.

Old 06-09-2018, 03:18 PM   #62
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Might call Escape first and see if the current production box will fit your trailer without modifications. The tanks might have to be relocated a bit forward. The should be able to tell you if you give them your VIN.

I absolutely love our "junk box" - all the bulky wet messy stuff goes into it (it has drain holes in the bottom.)We also store our power cord in it.

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 04:44 PM   #63

Trailer: 2015 17b "Shelly"
Quote:
Can you tell me how you like the storage box that is now made to go between the propane tanks and the actual trailer?
robinp in Carmicahel
Don't leave home with out it.
Old 06-09-2018, 05:27 PM   #64

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A
I hemmed and hawed about the storage box, and the price. I've had my 17A a month and I am sure glad I listened to the chorus of folks who love it. I have electrical cord, hoses, patio mat and beach mat, solar shower, tablecloth, chocks and levelers. It also keeps my side hatches fairly clean b/c as Tractors1 said, messy stuff goes there. I'm trying to keep it pretty light, so chairs are in a side hatch.
Old 06-09-2018, 06:12 PM   #65

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
indeed, my E21's utility box behind the propane carries my leveling blocks, wheel chocks, hammer, spikes, hoses (except stinky), power cords, crank for the levelers, and so forth.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 07:40 PM   #66

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Hello All, Can you tell me how you like the storage box that is now made to go between the propane tanks and the actual trailer? (I have a 2010 17'). Did you have to pick it up or is it able to be sent?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
I'm not aware of anyone having one shipped to them (the shipping charge because of dimensional weight would be quite high) but you can always ask.
Highly recommend a storage box of some sort.

The last I conversed with Reace about the factory box the shipping was prohibitive because of the size and crating required. Although he did it for one forum member many years ago he also declined sending it to my area (NJ) with a load of trailers. It is still worth a conversation.

As was already pointed out you may need other modifications on the tongue to accommodate the box.

It all worked out because my mini-split condenser resides where the box would mount and we did a Stowaway box on the rear.

Adding After Market Front Storage Box

rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote