campgrounds around Chilliwack - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 10-20-2018, 10:34 AM   #1
Guy

Trailer: 17A
campgrounds around Chilliwack

Need advice on where we might stay for a couple nights after picking up our trailer next May. Reviews I've looked at don't sound too good. Wondering if folks stay on Wa. side or BC after their orientation?
Thanks so much,
Marj and Guy
Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 10:37 AM   #2
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Since the trailer is imported into the USA, for US buyers, you'd need to go BACK through the border into Canada if you wish to camp there.

A number of US buyers have stayed at the KOA in Lynden, WA.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 10:53 AM   #3

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
We plan on picking up our new Escape and then attending the rally in Osoyoos that week in May. If anything is wrong, Reace can probably take care of it while at the rally as he routinely goes round and asks if you are a happy camper, great people and great product. Osoyoos is about 3 hours east from Chilliwack. We plan to stay at the Best Western, next to Escape before delivery.
Old 10-20-2018, 11:04 AM   #4

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
I stayed at Silver Lake Park, Maple Falls, WA, about 14 miles from Sumas & a great base for exploring the Baker Ski Area & Artist's Point. They have 3 campgrounds - I stayed in the Red Mountain - water & Electric for $31.00 per night. Vault toilets, although at least one of the other campgrounds in the park has bathrooms with showers.
Old 10-20-2018, 12:48 PM   #5

Trailer: 2018 21 Sept 7 2018
We stayed at the Lynden KOA when we picked up our 21 in Sept. Can not say enough about the owners and the park. They were very friendly and helpful.
Oldtimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 04:34 PM   #6

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
We chose Bayview SP, on Puget Sound, just west of Burlington, WA, for our 1st couple of days, to try things out. We stopped in Bellingham, WA (Trader Joes especially) to stock up, on our way south. That puts you 60± miles from ETI in case anything is amiss (our 17 was A-ok). It also fit our plans to take the ferry to Port Townsend, and then camp around the Olympic Peninsula for a couple of weeks.
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 11:28 AM   #7
Guy

Thanks Don and Teresa,
Sounds like a nice way to do it. Will have to research the ferry and campgrounds on the Peninsula.
Thought we might be the only ones ordering a 17A~glad we have company. We've moved up from our pop-up camper and a Home Depot paint bucket for the middle of the night:-)
Marj and Guy
Old 10-21-2018, 11:31 AM   #8
Guy

campgrounds

Thanks to all for the tips!
Marj and Guy
Old 10-21-2018, 02:12 PM   #9

Trailer: 2016 21. '15 Ford Explorer V-6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy View Post
Thanks Don and Teresa,
Sounds like a nice way to do it. Will have to research the ferry and campgrounds on the Peninsula.
Thought we might be the only ones ordering a 17A~glad we have company. We've moved up from our pop-up camper and a Home Depot paint bucket for the middle of the night:-)
Marj and Guy
Guy,

Go to Washington State Ferry or WADOT. Fort Townsend to Coupeville

“Get out the map and lay your finger anywhere down” -Indigo Girls
Steve Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 03:35 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy View Post
Thanks Don and Teresa,
Marj and Guy

Marj and Guy,
You will find that there is a collection of A model Escape owners that are proud of their excellent choices with regard to Escape models and features exactly matching their camping lifestyle. We're known as the "A-listers", so - Welcome.

Here is an analysis of our choices and why that you may find of value: http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f7...ater-8933.html

( Edit: Photos are of our 1st generation Escape; the 2nd Gen (2017± and newer) Escapes have straighter walls, and flatter, wider door and little tweaks to interior dimensions. General arrangement of appliances is still the same).
Old 10-21-2018, 04:10 PM   #11

Depending on your schedule and route, you may want to camp at Maryhill SP on the Columbia River for the NOG (not-organized-gathering) spearheaded by Paul and Norma: http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f1...9-a-13674.html

Maryhill SP is absolutely beautiful, and is at the very edge of the north shore of the Columbia River. Lots of places to explore. We recommend the observatory in Goldendale: they have a solar telescope, and a newly-installed mirror on their 24" Newtonian telescope, and an enthusiastic resident astronomer who lets you in on what excites him about our world and our universe.
There's a winery down the road. Stonehenge is up the hill. UP and BNSF are close if you're a rail enthusiast like me. There's lots of history in this area. E.G. Oregon Trail is across the river.
Old 10-21-2018, 04:14 PM   #12
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfandrews View Post
Depending on your schedule and route, you may want to camp at Maryhill SP on the Columbia River for the NOG (not-organized-gathering) spearheaded by Paul and Norma: http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f1...9-a-13674.html
It's NOT a NOG... which is for the Northern Oregon Gathering. It's a WAG... Washington Area Gathering.
Old 10-21-2018, 07:04 PM   #13

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
It's NOT a NOG... which is for the Northern Oregon Gathering. It's a WAG... Washington Area Gathering.
You better trademark NOG. It fits Non Organized Gathering a bit too well!
Old 10-21-2018, 07:06 PM   #14
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilye View Post
You better trademark NOG. It fits Non Organized Gathering a bit too well!
Truth! And I often refer to the NOG as Not Organized Gathering. I just don't want people to be looking for a NOG outside of Oregon, it gets too confusing. We've been using the title for 14 years. I get all kinds of strange emails for people looking for the NOG all over the country.
Old 10-21-2018, 07:40 PM   #15

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Our gatherings are DOG. Dis Organized Gatherings. This was coined by the infamous Earl A.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 07:49 PM   #16

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
New Rally

Quote:
Truth! And I often refer to the NOG as Not Organized Gathering. I just don't want people to be looking for a NOG outside of Oregon, it gets too confusing. We've been using the title for 14 years. I get all kinds of strange emails for people looking for the NOG all over the country.
Probably already been coined but how about a rally that features a signature drink? The rally is named EGG NOG. It could be held in a liquor store parking lot. That’s all I got.
Iowa Dave
Old 10-21-2018, 08:00 PM   #17
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
Probably already been coined but how about a rally that features a signature drink? The rally is named EGG NOG. It could be held in a liquor store parking lot. That’s all I got.
Iowa Dave

Way back, when trying to come up with a name, we actually gave Egg NOG consideration. But not the liquor store parking lot But decided there were plenty of non-egg shaped molded fiberglass trailers and didn't want to sound exclusive... shoot, I might think I wouldn't be welcome now

This has been fun, but we should probably get back on topic. I'll just continue to chase threads about NOGs.
Old 10-22-2018, 12:21 AM   #18

Quote:

I guess I was too enthusiastically reading Paul & Norma's description: "we've had small 'Not Organized' gatherings and a lot of fun in the area". So,.....it's similar, but not matching.

NOG: please accept my apology.

All: wherever they are, they'll all great fun. We've been to WAG - Maryhill, and we've been to NOG-Ft. Stevens. We expect that we'll travel north again.
Old 11-07-2018, 01:02 PM   #19

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 T
KOA in linden is best bet. Eat at DUTCH MOTHERS. Wonderful little town
Lee.Artman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 01:27 PM   #20

Trailer: 2018 21' ; 2014 19' (Sold)
We second the KOA in Linden. It's clean and has much to offer. We were told that in 2019 they're going to close down some of the sites in order to redo them so they can accommodate larger rigs ... but I don't know if that's a done deal.

Jan

We do not remember days, we remember moments.
- Cesare Pavese
CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote