Split water hose in bathroom - Page 8 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-11-2017, 06:38 PM   #141

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
If you were at this years appreciation rally you had the opportunity to hear the great story from Reace himself detailing the beginnings and progress of this fine company. .....
Speaking of the beginnings story: Hope Reace has better meals than "Spaghetti & ketchup" during his Factory Tour.
Here's hoping he gains weight from home-cooking during his trip!
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 06:38 PM   #142

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
I love it when KarenH applies logic.
Old 06-11-2017, 07:53 PM   #143

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
We have never vacuumed saw dust and don't think we have seen any. Well, maybe once with the 19'.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 08:37 PM   #144

Trailer: 2010 Casita 17 SD (sold); 2017 Escape 21 due 06/17; Tow 2015 GMC Sierra 1500 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Did they need the hour to do the repair, or just finish it? If only an hour, it seems like he has the repair down pat now.
Reace said it would be about an hour but they also had to adjust the wiring for the Zamp port so the total time for both was approximately a bit less than two hours. I'm still trying to figure out exactly what was done but there is now a series of pex connections to the hot water at the sink. The wall behind the fire extinguisher also might have been patched but o have no idea what it looked like before the repair.
hollis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 10:36 PM   #145

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape as of 01/16/17
Thanks to Captain Allen (H46DRIVER), who solved the Kobayashi Maru with an alternative solution ! It works until we have a chance to meet with Reace!

Regards,

Fred M.

"Whoever said retirement was overrated...
...never had an Escape"
Red Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 10:43 PM   #146

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Fred, you can't be a fulltimer. Your trailer is too clean. Tooo clean!
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 10:48 PM   #147

Trailer: 2010 EggCamper (#083); 2017 Escape 21 (#053); 2016 F-150 5.0L FX4
Fred, With all the rain we've had recently in Alabama, we'd have a camper full of mosquitoes if we tried that! Dale
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 01:05 AM   #148

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
Thanks to Captain Allen (H46DRIVER), who solved the Kobayashi Maru with an alternative solution ! It works until we have a chance to meet with Reace!

Regards,

Fred M.
At least one of the 21 owners is staying clean
Old 06-12-2017, 07:11 AM   #149

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Eagle View Post
Fred, With all the rain we've had recently in Alabama, we'd have a camper full of mosquitoes if we tried that! Dale

Yikes! I better do a faster "Navy" shower!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marry View Post
At least one of the 21 owners is staying clean

Desperate times call for desperate measures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by float5 View Post
Fred, you can't be a fulltimer. Your trailer is too clean. Tooo clean!

Trailer has to stay clean, according to Dora. It's a challenge keeping the bugs off the front!

Fred M.

...never had an Escape"
Old 06-12-2017, 07:48 AM   #150

Trailer: 2013 Casita (Sold) 2017 Escape 21
Fred, you forgot one of the pics - want me to post it for you? Don't worry, I want to live long enough to reach puberty so I'm not posting it!

Never underestimate a man with a Degree in Physical Education.
H46Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 08:06 AM   #151

Quote:
Originally Posted by H46Driver View Post
Fred, you forgot one of the pics - want me to post it for you? Don't worry, I want to live long enough to reach puberty so I'm not posting it!

Thanks for your kind gesture...

But, why were you peeking in my bathroom?

Fred M.

...never had an Escape"
Old 06-12-2017, 09:06 AM   #152

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
Thanks for your kind gesture...

But, why were you peeking in my bathroom?

Fred M.
Hi: Red Dog... Haven't you ever heard of "Dry cleaning"? Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 02:30 PM   #153

Quote:
Originally Posted by escape artist View Post
Hi: Red Dog... Haven't you ever heard of "Dry cleaning"? Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie

No need to "air" out my dirty laundry!

Fred M.

...never had an Escape"
Old 06-12-2017, 02:34 PM   #154

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by freespirit View Post
Don't claim to know anything about plumbing, but when researching trailers this camper looked for visibility and accessibility to all plumbing where splices and tubing angle transitions take place as this seemed like an obvious place for a break later on. One sticky website (as some like to call them) even made a point of saying that all of these points were easily accessible and they designed it that way. Upon looking at that trailer it certainly seemed like they paid close attention to this during its design, although they seem to have dropped the ball in some other important areas of trailer design....did find one other trailer that also made sure all plumbing fittings and tubing angle transitions/splices were easily accessible in their design, and in addition to the use of pex they used all metal plumbing splice/angle fittings/clamps and bypass valves.
This is a very valid concern and consideration. I know it passed through my mind at one point when I was looking at the different brands of trailers. I don't remember seeing that on a trailer's site (was it a fiberglass one?), but I could have read it and forgotten about it by now. I have forgotten a few things over time. I think.

I do remember that I really liked that I could customize the Escapes with fabric, flooring and countertop. None of the stock or limited options on any trailer (fiberglass or not) appealed to us in the least. That was one area we were really willing to pay extra for and was well worth it (to us). I also liked I could get a full length bed and not have to curl up or hang my feet over the edge.

All in all, not having any other trailer or tent or motorhome to compare with, we do like the Escape trailer. Dirk knew there would be problems with it, especially with a new build design, so he's more tolerant than I am. Although the hose bursting didn't thrill him in the least and he was/is rather peeved about it.

Update on the Reace Road Trip: he's gonna stop in briefly to replace the sticking outie tabs on the awning cover. He said they were supposed to replace them when they fixed my hose, but didn't. Heck if I know why they need replacing, but he said it's about a 10 min job and he'll be here after a stop in Marysville. His Road Trip started today. He's pulling their 5th wheel. Wonder if there's a wad of cubbies in there. I'll ask.

Another update later, if need be.

Oh yeah, they're gonna send me a gift certificate to Camping World to compensate me for some of my gas costs for the recent work. Heck if I know how much. I'm sure I can find something at Camping World to purchase.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 02:40 PM   #155
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
His Road Trip started today. He's pulling their 5th wheel. Wonder if there's a wad of cubbies in there. I'll ask.
This is going to be a fast tough trip. He's probably towing the trailer to have a place to sleep and cleanup without having to look for an acceptable motel in areas he needs to be in. AND, it could also work into a "sales" trip. Show off that beautiful trailer to prospective buyers! I'm still, after all this time, amazed at the lengths ETI is willing to go to make things right for Escape owners
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 03:13 PM   #156

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I'm still, after all this time, amazed at the lengths ETI is willing to go to make things right for Escape owners
I'll second that, Donna!

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 04:43 PM   #157

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
This is going to be a fast tough trip. He's probably towing the trailer to have a place to sleep and cleanup without having to look for an acceptable motel in areas he needs to be in. AND, it could also work into a "sales" trip. Show off that beautiful trailer to prospective buyers! I'm still, after all this time, amazed at the lengths ETI is willing to go to make things right for Escape owners
Reace figures it'll take about 3 weeks to complete. The trailer he worked on this AM took about 2 hours and he hopes to get it down to 1.5 hours per repair. He said mine took longer as they were kind of figuring out what to do along the way as it was a new repair. The cubby won't be replaced on the trailers he's working on and he'll cut into the bottom part.

The awning tabs were pulled off and replaced with new ones that were caulked on. I think they're longer than before. He said it was preventive to replace them and he'll be doing that on the trailers he's working on during this Road Trip. It's doesn't need to be replaced on the other size trailers.

The trailer he's pulling is the same one they took to the rally - if anyone is wondering.

Next trailer repair is about an hour south of here. Whew!
Old 06-12-2017, 07:23 PM   #158

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
This is going to be a fast tough trip. He's probably towing the trailer to have a place to sleep and cleanup without having to look for an acceptable motel in areas he needs to be in.
I'm waiting for the thread that has the group tracking Reace across the country. Really find the whole idea of him out on the road fixing these trailers absolutely amazing. ETI could have easily wrote up some instructions and sent everyone to an RV service place for the work. It sounds like there was too much potential for trailers to be messed up by techs that don't know exactly how the trailers are built. He sounds self-sufficient, but it will be tough on the road nonetheless. My hope is that there will be some nice owners that will feed him and even put him up for the night in their house if they can. I know I would.
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 07:42 PM   #159

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
My hope is that there will be some nice owners that will feed him and even put him up for the night in their house if they can. I know I would.
He has offers already.

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 08:14 PM   #160

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
I'm waiting for the thread that has the group tracking Reace across the country.
I wondered about that but figured it would sound too much like stalking so I quickly quashed that idea!