5.0 and F150 owners - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Towing and Hitching
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-26-2020, 12:17 PM   #37

Trailer: 2017 50 TA, 2016 F150, 2.7 Ecoboost
Quote:
Originally Posted by yangstyle View Post
Before I bought our f150 I asked several mechanics I know about which engine would be best for me considering that I wanted to keep it for a long time. They would probably be considered "old school" and leaned towards the 5.0. When test driving |I tried both eco boost engines also and they were quite impressive so I don't think you could go wrong with any of them.
The main reason I went with the 5.0 was that I have been driving an 2015 f150 with a 5.0 for work since 2016 and it has had no issues with any part of the truck except for the battery this last January when it was down to -35C and I didn't plug it in overnight.
Part of The reason Ford sells more eco boost engines than the v8 is that you pay a premium to get the v8. My truck was on the lot when I bought it but there was a $1850 extra charge for the v8 as a lot of trims have the eco boost as standard.
You are absolutely right , you can’t go wrong with any of the motors you can get in an F150, with perhaps the exception of the base 3.3 normally aspirated 6. Even that would work with some of the smaller Escapes. But fact is close to 60% of F150 sold are Ecoboost, and the 2.7 cost $1k more than the standard 3.3. The 5.0 will cost you $2k over stock, while the 3.5 will cost you $2.6k more. The reason more Ecoboost are sold is that they work and work well. If you want the highest tow capacity you have to get the 3.5 . It even out tows their new 3 liter diesel which will cost you $4k over base.
Also any package that includes the Ecoboost you can guarantee that price is built in. No one is going to buy a King Ranch version with 3.3 base motor. Think about it.
Chotch is offline   Reply With Quote