New truck for our new trailer - Page 8 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Towing and Hitching
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-08-2021, 01:49 PM   #141

Trailer: 2022 Escape 21 NE
I just priced out a 2500 Ram, and it came in at $97k Canadian

Looked at a used 2020 Ram yesterday with 38,000 KM on it and it was 69,000...

Short box though, and husband said NO

Sierra and Silverado seem to have more payload. We love Ram but may need to look elsewhere because even the new Ram only has 1270 pounds of payload. When I emailed to ask I was told 1780. When we got there and looked at the sticker it said 1270
Northerngirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 02:43 PM   #142

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northerngirl View Post
.... When I emailed to ask I was told 1780. When we got there and looked at the sticker it said 1270
Sadly all too common that incompetent salespeople don't understand the difference between the 'maximum payload possible in theory' printed in marketing literature and the actual rated payload for a particular VIN as optioned and presented on that vehicle's loading sticker.

Not just Ram salespeople, just as likely to be found at any marque's dealership IME. A few Q's about payload can help ID them, there are competent truck salespeople out there, when you find one save their card!

When shopping remote, request a pic of the vehicle's loading sticker (smartphone text is wonderful!). If they can't / won't do that .... probably enuf said right there.

Good luck with your shopping!
Old 10-08-2021, 02:49 PM   #143

Thanks Centex

He's fairly new there and we helped to educate him and ourselves at the same time. He'll contact us when he gets something in that meets our parameters. We have a bit of time and I really want my husband to get a truck he likes and will work for us
Old 10-08-2021, 03:18 PM   #144

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by salmo7000 View Post
I’m pretty sure one of our well-known members “Alf”, or Escape Artist, has reported a similarly low payload for his Ram Ecodiesel. He tows a 5.0TA with it anyway and seems to do just fine. Perhaps he’ll chime in here shortly!
Hi: salmo7000... Yes I do have a bad case of "Sticker shock". Seems our EcoD. Ram is so full of "Bells and whistles" inc. a full sized spare, that it can only carry about 890#'s. I really do like towing on the edge though!!! I'm just glad there's room in the 5.0TA for my "Slim Fast" and "Lite Beer"!!!
Stella's antics had nothing to do with our RAM. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
Attached Thumbnails
P1050309 (2).jpg   P1050326.jpg  
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 03:43 PM   #145

Apparently when they did the RAM redesign in 2019 they created a very different truck. That's why the new RAM with the same trim as our 2018 has 1270 pounds of payload

Taking that spare and mounting it on the back of the trailer might save some weight