Maintenance - What once was, is now again! - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Maintenance, Winterizing and Routine Care
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-26-2023, 05:01 PM   #1
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Maintenance - What once was, is now again!

For the most part, I don't post information from the Escape Facebook group here. I figure if you want to know what's going on over there.... join. But, this is important enough, I thought I'd go ahead and post.

Q: "Does Escape Trailer Industries offer servicing on older model trailers?"

A: Trista Ollenberger - Hi XXX, Please reach out to Jasmin in our After Sales Support Department @ 1-855-703-1650, Extension 118 and she can assist you getting a Service Appointment booked.

I remember the olden days when after market service was given. Heck Reace even looked after Marina's Biggar trailer a time or two and working on boler trailers was commonplace. I don't expect they'll go back to other brands service, but it's nice to hear they're servicing ETI built trailers once again!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2023, 06:01 PM   #2
Site Team

Trailer: 2023 Escape 5.0TA
This is a really smart move on the part of ETI. As anyone who has experience in motor vehicle sales, the money is in the service department, not the sales of new units. I get that ETI needed all hands on deck when demand was high and didn't have the space to expand their service. But now with the market as it is, this is a good move.
SageRpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2023, 08:53 PM   #3
Site Team

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21C, NTU April 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageRpod View Post
This is a really smart move on the part of ETI. As anyone who has experience in motor vehicle sales, the money is in the service department, not the sales of new units. I get that ETI needed all hands on deck when demand was high and didn't have the space to expand their service. But now with the market as it is, this is a good move.
Indeed! Now if they were not only in the far northwest corner of the continent!
Old 09-26-2023, 09:22 PM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLynn View Post
Yah, there’s that.
Old 09-26-2023, 09:25 PM   #5

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
Good, I hope they keep it up.
Bobbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2023, 10:41 PM   #6

Trailer: 2021 E19 (Padawan)
Thanks Donna. Some of us don’t have FB, but this is positive news.
Old 09-27-2023, 08:03 AM   #7

Trailer: 2020 E21C
Thank you Donna for the information. I'm one of those sans FB as well.

The kind of service I have needed from ETI in the past and potentially in the future is clearly provided knowledge and information, not hands on work. For example when I needed specifications on a longer gas hose to accommodate the Dometic stove top which I was installing in the place of the original Suburban stove top, my intention was to leave as much in place as possible, including the existing gas hose rather than tear things up merely in order to get correct part information. I finally did get an email with the barest of cross section dimension information accompanied by what I knew was incorrect length information. This was also accompanied by a stated unwillingness to be of help in sourcing or even providing from factory stock what I needed. After all I was solving their own problem for them. Exact, clearly stated information including sourcing would have made it so much easier and frankly would have preserved what up until then was a positive attitude on my part towards ETI.

I finally solved that problem myself by doing what I did not want to do till I absolutely had to. I removed the old, too short hose, took it to my unwilling local propane distributer and prevailed upon them to make me an exact replica except 2 feet longer. They were unwilling of course, being afraid of potential liability incurred by making a part for a non-professional. They finally agreed to a cash only, no receipt deal and fabricated the hose for me. The D2 turned out to be a great replacement for the Suburban and has been in place for a year now, working perfectly at all elevations up to 10,000 feet.

We look forward to meeting you at Quartzsite.

John
JohnK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2023, 09:12 AM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLynn View Post
I was thinking about this and if they had a visionary type business person running the show, they would realize that they have a lot of established assets they could leverage.

For instance, they have established delivery routes and hubs already. If an escape owner wanted something like acrylic windows retrofitted or other major work that a local RV shop could not do, then the owner could drop their Escape off at the hub, it would be picked up and returned a few weeks later shiny with new windows.

I didn't know Karl, but he struck me as the innovative type that could have made the most out of this new opportunity.
Old 09-27-2023, 09:50 AM   #9

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Gosh, got to think my 2013 19 was built back in a sweet spot. Never had to call on ETI for repairs on anything.
Attached Thumbnails
ETI.jpg   ETI2.jpg  
Old 09-27-2023, 11:06 AM   #10

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
For the most part, I don't post information from the Escape Facebook group here. I figure if you want to know what's going on over there.... join.
I went over to the dark side and joined but I'm not finding much.
Is there more than one Facebook Escape site?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnK View Post

We look forward to meeting you at Quartzsite.

John
Have I missed a thread on future Q'site meetings?

Quote:

For instance, they have established delivery routes and hubs already. If an escape owner wanted something like acrylic windows retrofitted or other major work that a local RV shop could not do, then the owner could drop their Escape off at the hub, it would be picked up and returned a few weeks later shiny with new windows.

I didn't know Karl, but he struck me as the innovative type that could have made the most out of this new opportunity.
I think that the shipping cost would make most folks either DIY or have a local shop do it.

Karl had said very clearly that ETI doing acrylic window refits was on. Doing other items makes sense if you're set-up to have used units come in for work.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2023, 11:26 AM   #11
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
I went over to the dark side and joined but I'm not finding much.
Is there more than one Facebook Escape site?

Have I missed a thread on future Q'site meetings?
The group is called Escape Travel Trailers, there's nearly 9,000 members, about a dozen new threads a day: https://www.facebook.com/groups/913917998727810

All information, discussion about the gathering at Dome Rock in Quartzsite in February is held at the CasitaForum here: https://www.casitaforum.com/invboard...ite-gathering/
Old 09-27-2023, 12:40 PM   #12

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post
Gosh, got to think my 2013 19 was built back in a sweet spot. Never had to call on ETI for repairs on anything.

I agree, Myron.
2013-15 was IT for Escape. Our 2015 E17 was at the apex.
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2023, 02:03 PM   #13
Site Team

Quote:
[COLOR="Blue"]

I think that the shipping cost would make most folks either DIY or have a local shop do it.

Karl had said very clearly that ETI doing acrylic window refits was on. Doing other items makes sense if you're set-up to have used units come in for work.

Ron
I would agree but that is where ETI would have to figure out what the "value add" would be, possibly even open it up to other FG trailers. Imagine this: Send us your Casita ans we will make it as good as an Escape. That would certainly raise a few eyebrows and heart rates.
Old 09-27-2023, 03:10 PM   #14

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
I would agree but that is where ETI would have to figure out what the "value add" would be, possibly even open it up to other FG trailers. Imagine this: Send us your Casita and we will make it as good as an Escape. That would certainly raise a few eyebrows and heart rates.
I have thought about doing mods for other owners. I'm confident I could do anything anyone could want and more on any molded fiberglass trailer. The problem is I need to be in an area with more trailers and I would probably have to charge more than most people would be willing to pay!
Old 09-27-2023, 04:11 PM   #15

Trailer: 2014 17B;2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4
Quote:
For the most part, I don't post information from the Escape Facebook group here. I figure if you want to know what's going on over there.... join. But, this is important enough, I thought I'd go ahead and post.

Q: "Does Escape Trailer Industries offer servicing on older model trailers?"

A: Trista Ollenberger - Hi XXX, Please reach out to Jasmin in our After Sales Support Department @ 1-855-703-1650, Extension 118 and she can assist you getting a Service Appointment booked.

I remember the olden days when after market service was given. Heck Reace even looked after Marina's Biggar trailer a time or two and working on boler trailers was commonplace. I don't expect they'll go back to other brands service, but it's nice to hear they're servicing ETI built trailers once again!
Donna THANK YOU FOR POSTING THIS.

I've booked with Jasmin. ETI will do pretty much anything for us we can think of. We don't have anything big to get done. ETI will do some caulking that we want done. They'll give it an overall check of our 2014 17B.

Larry
LarryandLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2023, 06:33 PM   #16

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:

The group is called Escape Travel Trailers, there's nearly 9,000 members, about a dozen new threads a day: https://www.facebook.com/groups/913917998727810

Thanks Donna. That's the site that I'd gone to. Definitely a different vibe. Kind of a stream of consciousness layout.

Interesting to see the comments from folks that don't participate on this forum.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2023, 06:53 PM   #17
Site Team

Quote:
Thanks Donna. That's the site that I'd gone to. Definitely a different vibe. Kind of a stream of consciousness layout.

Interesting to see the comments from folks that don't participate on this forum.

Ron
Facebook groups are like one huge chat. I think it's far more social than here. The EscapeForum is much more technical.
Old 09-27-2023, 07:31 PM   #18
Site Team

Quote:
Facebook groups are like one huge chat. I think it's far more social than here. The EscapeForum is much more technical.
Gave up on social media many years ago. This and the Rpod forum are the closest I come to being allowed to interact with other humans
Old 10-03-2023, 05:30 PM   #19

Trailer: 2014 17B;2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4
Liz and I just dropped our little baby off (17b) at ETI.

The Maintenance Department is up and running. We met Jasmin who is GREAT to deal with! It sounds like one ETI employee is designated to deal with folks like us full time (supporting Jasmin). ETI is looking to hire one more staff. We heard talk of a “new team.” They are looking to work.

We left Jasmin with a long wish list which will be priced out and then we give the go ahead. They buff and polish …..
LarryandLiz is offline   Reply With Quote