2017 Mississippi River Rendezvous September 29-Oct 1 - Page 9 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Rallies, Get-togethers, Gatherings or Events
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-18-2017, 07:49 AM   #161

Trailer: Escape 21 November 2014; 2022 GMC 1500 3.0L
Storms

Junction City it is. Camping on the largest lake in Kansas. Now that's a trivia answer--Milford Lake. Reminds me of last year's wandering trek when we stayed near the highest point in Mississippi.

North to Nebraska today to avoid snow in Colorado and Wyoming. I forgot to bring chains. Wait, what month is this?
Bill and Earline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 08:11 AM   #162

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill and Earline View Post
Junction City it is. Camping on the largest lake in Kansas. Now that's a trivia answer--Milford Lake. Reminds me of last year's wandering trek when we stayed near the highest point in Mississippi.

North to Nebraska today to avoid snow in Colorado and Wyoming. I forgot to bring chains. Wait, what month is this?
Hi: Bill and Earline... Never mind the month...it's day by day here. Yesterday was summer and the day before was my favorite... Spring!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 01:49 PM   #163

Trailer: 2017 19' 5/02/17
Good one Dave. Drive safe Bill and Earline. Graduated just down the road from your wife in Fort Atkinson. We have our 45th on September 8th after I return from Elk hunt a couple days earlier. Hope you make the rally. Will be my first.
bsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 03:01 PM   #164

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Rally round

After three Canadian rally's this summer I'll be ready for at least one a little closer to home. We like the area around Thompson, nice country and there is always something happening.
They've had some big weather at Fort Atkinson lately too. Usually Loren checks in about this time of year from Readlyn which is not that far from the Fort. They used to have a big mountain man rally up there each fall too. I quit going to them after they told me I was not welcome as they neglected to state that period costume was necessary and I took first place in the muzzleloader shoot with my home built Thompson Center Hawken .50 wearing some comfortable wing tip shoes, it was too much for them to swallow. Good luck on your Elk Hunt. We can discuss my adventures on the Selway many moons ago.
Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 03:43 PM   #165

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill and Earline View Post

Too bad you have probably just missed more than half a million cranes going through Grand Island, NE. Don't know if any still coming through.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 03:58 PM   #166

What in the Sandhill?

Boy they must be doing a lot of bridgework out there to need that many cranes, wonder where they are getting all the operators?
Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 02:12 PM   #167

Trailer: 2010 17B Escape (Blue I)
Blue I will be in spot 75 for the event with Steve & Maryann plus Spike & Missy the two dogs.
MinPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 05:50 PM   #168

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinPin View Post
Blue I will be in spot 75 for the event with Steve & Maryann plus Spike & Missy the two dogs.
Can't wait to see you 4 and Blue again. Too bad we can't have sites next to each other for Blue and Blue II.

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 01:51 PM   #169

Trailer: 2010 Scamp
Any 5.0's at Mississippi Rendezvous this year?

Hello all. Criste and I attended last year's Rendezvous @ Scott County and had a great time. Doesn't look like we can attend this year, but we are looking into the possibility of making a day trip this year on Saturday. A couple of questions:
1) We are interested in the 5.0 TA and are wondering if anyone with either a 5.0 or 5.0TA is planning to attend this year.
2) To this end, we are wondering if you all are planning on opening up your campers for tours on Saturday afternoon so that we may take a closer look and ask questions of 5.0 owners? There was one last year and we liked it and are now seriously considering purchasing one.
Thanks!
Peter
Peter S. in Iowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 08:07 PM   #170

Trailer: Escape 19 (sold) Escape 21 2014
Glad to have you returning. Yes, there will be tours on Saturday afternoon

According to my list, Tom and Gay are planning to return with their 5TA. Perhaps they will confirm. as many of the attendees indicated they plan to attend many months ago.
fudge_brownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 10:27 PM   #171

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Peter we'll be there with our 5.0 single axle.

Adrian
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 09:28 AM   #172

Trailer: 2010 Scamp
Thank you Paul and Adrian for your prompt responses.
We hope to see you there!
Peter & Criste
Peter S. in Iowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 07:22 PM   #173

Trailer: 2017 5.0 TA
Hi Peter. Yes, we are attending the rally with our 5.0TA and would enjoy having you view it.
Old 09-05-2017, 03:08 PM   #174

Trailer: Previous 19 owners; Now an LTV, Unity MB class B+
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by fudge_brownie View Post
The rally brings a nice mix of fiberglass owners, wannabe owners, traditional trailers and mere mortals caught in the middle of a rally. This will be the third year of the rally. We hope you can join us this year.
We hope to come over to the rally from Sioux Falls, SD. We’d be probably classified as “gonna-be’s” as our 19 is scheduled for completion in January and we are just finishing up our build sheet which is due October 10th. A little background – we have never owned an RV or tent camped; nor did we come from camping families. As we began to plan for retirement, we decided to investigate getting a small travel trailer and exploring the National Parks. We have learned a lot from blogs, podcasts, internet, YouTube, this as well as other forums, RV dealers, Escape sales people and others. After having had the opportunity to visit an Escape owner in western Iowa, we decided on the Escape 19. With that brief background, it’s probably evident we have a lot more to learn about this whole adventure. This rally would be a good opportunity to expand on what little we know and possibly help us to make some decisions/changes to our build sheet due on October 10th. We will likely come into the area Friday night, find some lodging and then come into the Rally on Saturday to look around, meet some fellow Escape entusiasts and really get a feel for what we are about to undertake. It appears the best place to start might be at the shelter (Stone, aka pavilion?) mentioned in posts 1 and 102. Hope to see you all there.

Ken & Karla
Sioux Falls, SD
kwic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 03:47 PM   #175

Trailer: Escape 19 (sold) Escape 21 2014
We are glad to have you coming. Trailer tours are on Saturday from 1-3. Some people take part in adult beverages after the tours. There will be plenty of time to ask questions.
fudge_brownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 04:14 PM   #176

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21 ("Hotel California" -Aug 2017) Tow is 2016 GMC Canyon Duromax Diesel
Ken & Karla,
Our background was just like yours: never even tent camped, never had a RV, and didn't come from a camping family. :-) We picked up our new Escape 21 in Chilliwack a few weeks ago and spent two weeks in it driving back to Chicago stopping at Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks on the way back. We LOVE it! Try not to worry (as we did way too much) about how little you know. With the forum's support and help, (and Escape's excellent orientation) we not only managed great, getting back, -but had loads of fun!
We attended the rally last year, just after ordering ours, staying over at a motel. This year we'll be there in "Hotel California" in site 121. :-)
We look forward to meeting you!
Old 09-05-2017, 04:39 PM   #177

Gonna be's

Quote:
Originally Posted by fudge_brownie View Post
We are glad to have you coming. Trailer tours are on Saturday from 1-3. Some people take part in adult beverages after the tours. There will be plenty of time to ask questions.
Though the pavilion will serve as a central Meeting site, it is slightly removed from many of the trailers. I would suggest that if it works for you, when you get bunked in at your motel you are welcome to come on over to the rally any time. There will be Escape campers there from mid day Wednesday on through the weekend. There will be couples who have owned more than one Escape and who have fairly extensive experience in off grid camping, National Parks camping, US Forest Service camping etc. Know that you are welcome to participate in the Torque Your Nuts contest, Happy Hours, Pot Luck Dinner and of course the trailer tours. There are Escape ladies who like to tour other trailers and leave their marginally knowledgeable and inarticulate husbands at their Escape to conduct the tour. For
this reason, don't feel bashful to approach sites like say 114 at a time other than the stated
tour time. Looking forward to meeting you I am,
Iowa Dave
Old 09-05-2017, 04:44 PM   #178

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
For this reason, don't feel bashful to approach sites like say 114 at a time other than the stated tour time. Looking forward to meeting you I am,
Iowa Dave
Just be sure to use the bathroom first as you may be there a while.....

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 02:13 PM   #179

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
We had to cancel our campsite reservation for the Mississippi River Rendezvous. Site #122 is now available.
Hopefully someone can grab this site for the rally .
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 02:30 PM   #180

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Hi Steve

We were looking forward to meeting you. Perhaps we'll have to stop in the big town of Falun on the way to Superior after the rally on our way to our son's in Thunder Bay.

Adrian
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote