2018 Mississippi River Rendezvous September 28-30 - Page 8 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Rallies, Get-togethers, Gatherings or Events
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-11-2018, 10:26 PM   #141

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
I had occasion to review the reservation roster for the egg loop sites 099 to 126 or so tonight. It appears to me that site 115 is open during the rally from Wednesday on. This is a nice site with a good view of the river. I’m not that experienced on reservations, my navigator handles that part of our operation but for those still looking to reserve or to move to the main loop this might be an opportunisy. The only drawback is that it’s across the road from me. I’d say us but my wife is a very nice person so that’s not appropriate.
Iowa Dave
Old 08-12-2018, 06:17 AM   #142

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
You failed to mention which way the prevailing winds are, that could be the key, once you start cooking......
Old 08-12-2018, 06:37 AM   #143

The drift

That’s not like me, I guess I’ll claim the lateness of the hour. Prevailing wind will be west northwest at that time of the year. This will bring scents of all types from our site down through the entire campground and especially to the “open” site across the road. Hmmmm, maybe other folks figured that out and that’s why it’s open. At any rate, the complex odors of jalapeño SPAM with a garlic overtone will be a definite possibility to start the day. From a distance, a tug boat throttles up as it labors up the river, pushing a load of coal and the cacophony of disturbed irate greater Canada geese fills the air. It’s a sensory overload extravaganza.
Iowa Dave
Old 08-12-2018, 07:45 AM   #144

Trailer: 2018 21 Sept 7 2018
Mmmmmmmmmmmm Spam n eggs mmmmmmmmmmmm. If one goes to Hawaii make sure you get the Hawaiian cook book for Spam
Oldtimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 08:33 AM   #145

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
That’s not like me, I guess I’ll claim the lateness of the hour. Prevailing wind will be west northwest at that time of the year. This will bring scents of all types from our site down through the entire campground and especially to the “open” site across the road. Hmmmm, maybe other folks figured that out and that’s why it’s open. At any rate, the complex odors of jalapeño SPAM with a garlic overtone will be a definite possibility to start the day. From a distance, a tug boat throttles up as it labors up the river, pushing a load of coal and the cacophony of disturbed irate greater Canada geese fills the air. It’s a sensory overload extravaganza.
Iowa Dave
Hi: Iowa Dave... Pardon my "Senior moment" but are you bringing jalapeno SPAM to Niagara Wine Escape? Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 08:37 AM   #146

Trailer: Escape 19 (sold) Escape 21 2014
My records show we have 28 units planned to attend the rally on September 28. There maybe potential owners who will show up for the day on Saturday. We have now sent out an agenda for the rally, if you did not get one, send me a personal message including your email.

We have changed things for the trailer tours, as before, they will be on Saturday but starting at 10:00 am and lasting till noon. As an attendee you will be able to opt out of showing your trailer. The change was necessary as the contestants of the 1:00 pm Lug Nuts Contest felt the heat of the day was necessary to loosen tight muscles and allow the precision instruments to accurately measure the torque.

Still room at the campground, it appears a new nest of Escapes is forming in the loop around sites 00X. Hope you can join us.

Edit: Attendees still coming in, we are now at 29.
fudge_brownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 08:54 AM   #147

Trailer: Escape 21 November 2014; 2022 GMC 1500 3.0L
Quote:
I had occasion to review the reservation roster for the egg loop sites 099 to 126 or so tonight. It appears to me that site 115 is open during the rally from Wednesday on. This is a nice site with a good view of the river. I’m not that experienced on reservations, my navigator handles that part of our operation but for those still looking to reserve or to move to the main loop this might be an opportunisy. The only drawback is that it’s across the road from me. I’d say us but my wife is a very nice person so that’s not appropriate.
Iowa Dave
I just checked the sites, and unfortunately someone has apparently snagged 115 already, apparently in an effort to be near Dave and Rita.

By odd coincidence site number 116 has now come open.
Bill and Earline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 03:36 PM   #148

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill and Earline View Post
By odd coincidence site number 116 has now come open.
Isn't 116 even closer to Dave and Rita than 115. Since we got shut out of our site 114 by booking too late (actually felt we should share snagging that one) we searched as far from Dave as possible but had to settle for 107. Just kidding of course in case Dave takes offence.

Alf I don't know that Dave will answer your Spam question, it's off topic this is the Mississippi rally thread
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 04:30 PM   #149

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Quote:
Originally Posted by emers382 View Post

Alf I don't know that Dave will answer your Spam question, it's off topic this is the Mississippi rally thread
And we know how much Dave hates anything off topic...

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 04:36 PM   #150

Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoer View Post
And we know how much Dave hates anything off topic...
Elvis has left Indiana and returned to the land of corn and soybeans. 400 miles three Casitas, one with a busted, tarped front window and one Scamp today. Highlander had a fair load and got 28.1 running Interstate speeds. Never touched the brakes going through Chicago as traffic was light about noon. Too hot to mow, wouldn’t want to get over het.
Better have a Stella and maybe another one of these later tonight.
Attached Thumbnails
FEA78043-4A73-4F71-A217-24F3D2917B72.jpg  
Old 08-12-2018, 04:41 PM   #151

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Quote:
Better have a Stella and maybe another one of these later tonight.
We were lucky enough to have the Jimrules Duo stop by for homebrews and Graziano Pizza last night and a night of fine dialog. Katrina's favorite was the same as yours, my Belgian White. They are headed for the Boler rally via the beautiful North Shore of Lake Superior. Were we not off to Iceland in several days we probably would have headed out with them to try to escape this heat and humidity.

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
Old 08-12-2018, 04:51 PM   #152

Priorities

Hi Eric,
Teresa and Todd wanted to go too but she’s just back to work and we went out last week to work on a couple projects and watch the young’n while they went to Grand Rapids for a concert. Jim and Katrina, it’s your job to take some proof pictures of the doins in Canada and share at Thomson Causeway. I’ve been lying about the history of the boler long enough so you need to set the record straight.
Iowa Dave
Old 08-12-2018, 05:20 PM   #153

Jim has his neighbor's professional camera along so we can expect fabulous pictures... no pressure Jim.

Old 08-12-2018, 05:30 PM   #154

Professionals

That’s what I like, Professional results all the way.
Iowa Dave
Old 08-12-2018, 06:06 PM   #155

Trailer: 2023 21NE "Hardley II" 2021 Toyota Tacoma (Diesel Jeep stranded us twice so it had to go)
Quote:
Jim has his neighbor's professional camera along so we can expect fabulous pictures... no pressure Jim.

I’ll do my best.
Kat took a picture of me Taking a few practice pictures at Tettegouche State Park (MN) this afternoon.

Click image for larger version

Name:	BAF0D661-55C5-4D16-88AD-A26A072C50C5.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	415.1 KB
ID:	33435
Jimrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 07:25 PM   #156

Trailer: 2023 21NE "Hardley II" 2021 Toyota Tacoma (Diesel Jeep stranded us twice so it had to go)
Quote:
We were lucky enough to have the Jimrules Duo stop by for homebrews and Graziano Pizza last night and a night of fine dialog. Katrina's favorite was the same as yours, my Belgian White. They are headed for the Boler rally via the beautiful North Shore of Lake Superior. Were we not off to Iceland in several days we probably would have headed out with them to try to escape this heat and humidity.
Eric, I almost forgot to say thanks for the hospitality!
Put me down as a fan of your Belgian White as well. (It is the beer of my people after all.)
We’ve got good wine with dinner but I sure do wish we had some of that Graziano sausage for our pudgy pies tonight.
Jimrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 07:48 PM   #157

Quote:
Were we not off to Iceland in several days we probably would have headed out with them to try to escape this heat and humidity.
Eric, it might cool down a bit by the rally but today was 35 at home, 37 in Wpg and that's C degrees. Jim should cool down between Duluth and Tbay though we just passed that way a week ago, and stayed in Tomah, at the BW same as in June. Think I told you I was flying to ATL and driving with daughter, kids, and dog in June. Well I did the reverse last week. See you in Sept
Old 08-12-2018, 07:49 PM   #158

Now I see JIm does look cooler in that north shore shot in post 155
Old 08-12-2018, 07:53 PM   #159

Quote:
Hi Eric,
Teresa and Todd wanted to go too but she’s just back to work and we went out last week to work on a couple projects and watch the young’n while they went to Grand Rapids for a concert. Jim and Katrina, it’s your job to take some proof pictures of the doins in Canada and share at Thomson Causeway. I’ve been lying about the history of the boler long enough so you need to set the record straight.
Iowa Dave
Dave just join the Boler 50th group on Facebook and you'll see tons of bolers as people are posting as they join caravans from all over the continent. I thought you once said you planned on coming to Wpg yourselves.

We had a pretty smooth ride out of Riverside (Chgo) last Monday on 294 and 94 to 65, not much traffic and didn't touch the brakes either. Now Sunday afternoon going in from WI, that was busy!
Old 08-12-2018, 08:50 PM   #160

Bolers

We considered going up especially with my daughter, son in law, and their boler but she’s not camping with the new baby yet,so we opted out. Maybe we will go for the 75th. By then 95 will be the new 55.
Iowa Dave