Quartzsite anyone? - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-05-2022, 05:20 PM   #41

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Hi Pat,

Wow, glad you weren't injured and that the old girl can be repaired. She serves you well and it'd be a shame if she had to be written off.

We were lucky that we got to BVI and back in November without any problem. But given 7 flights, multiple covid tests with deadlines and the chances of being on a flight with someone behaving badly we know how lucky we were. Especially when the person next to M. got banned for life from AA for bad behavior and not following the rules. Fortunately she wasn't violent.

So the last couple of weeks we sort of knew that we weren't likely to going to Baja or Q'site but now we're in the window where we'd have to make to definite commitments that we finally said, I guess we're not going.

Hope the repairs go smoothly.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 05:55 PM   #42

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
Hi Pat,

Wow, glad you weren't injured and that the old girl can be repaired. She serves you well and it'd be a shame if she had to be written off.

We were lucky that we got to BVI and back in November without any problem. But given 7 flights, multiple covid tests with deadlines and the chances of being on a flight with someone behaving badly we know how lucky we were. Especially when the person next to M. got banned for life from AA for bad behavior and not following the rules. Fortunately she wasn't violent.

So the last couple of weeks we sort of knew that we weren't likely to going to Baja or Q'site but now we're in the window where we'd have to make to definite commitments that we finally said, I guess we're not going.

Ron
Thankyou Ron ! We do too ! Must of had Angels looking out for us ! Pat and Linda
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 12:10 PM   #43

Trailer: 2021 21NE
I am experiencing some first here in La Pasa South LTVA; first time out with the trailer, first time boondocking, first time in Quartzsite, etc. I am also trying to figure out where I stored things I know I brought and learning what I should have brought that I didn't.

That brings up my question. I would like to order a DC charger for my Surface Pro 7. I found a couple on Amazon that look like they would work and although I am not having energy problems, I can see that it would be better if I could charge directly from the batteries instead of using the inverter. Is there a place in Quartzsite or nearby that I can use for accepting Amazon deliveries?

Thanks, Bob
BobG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 01:11 PM   #44

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobG View Post
Is there a place in Quartzsite or nearby that I can use for accepting Amazon deliveries?
Just FYI, though none listed in Quartzsite, there are two Amazon Hub Counters in Blythe

https://www.amazon.com/ulp

Enjoy your trip!
Old 01-22-2022, 01:12 PM   #45

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobG View Post
I am experiencing some first here in La Pasa South LTVA; first time out with the trailer, first time boondocking, first time in Quartzsite, etc. I am also trying to figure out where I stored things I know I brought and learning what I should have brought that I didn't.

That brings up my question. I would like to order a DC charger for my Surface Pro 7. I found a couple on Amazon that look like they would work and although I am not having energy problems, I can see that it would be better if I could charge directly from the batteries instead of using the inverter. Is there a place in Quartzsite or nearby that I can use for accepting Amazon deliveries?

Thanks, Bob
I have used Quiet Times for Amazon deliveries - they charge $3.00 for a UPS or FedEx delivery, more if they have to pick it up at the post office. Biggest problem is 2 day prime rarely works at Quartzsite - 4-5 days is more like it & longer if it isn't from Amazon itself.

Address: Your Name, C/O Quiet Times 90 West Main St # 2813, Quartzsite, AZ 85346.

You might be able to use an Amazon locker at Blythe, CA about 22 miles away. They are shelves in stores, not the typical Amazon locker, and are often filled. If available, you can choose them at check out.
Old 02-01-2022, 04:37 PM   #46

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
next winter Quartzsite and Baja!!!! this summer rally and Alaska
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 05:48 PM   #47

Quote:
Hi Pat,

Ron
Drove truck and just about back together . Just need bumper rechromed and replace bumper strip . Still not going to quartzite this year though . Maybe next . Pat
Attached Thumbnails
0ECDCFD1-3D15-4D85-94B0-7E46142D3BF7.jpg  
Old 02-01-2022, 06:21 PM   #48

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Great job at getting the old girl back on the road.

I'm dreading having to read all the Q'site posts that I'll have to read in the next couple of weeks.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 08:41 PM   #49

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Drove truck and just about back together . Just need bumper rechromed and replace bumper strip . Still not going to quartzite this year though . Maybe next . Pat
She's a beaut Pat! Glad it wasn't too serious.
Old 02-02-2022, 01:25 AM   #50

Quote:
Great job at getting the old girl back on the road.

I'm dreading having to read all the Q'site posts that I'll have to read in the next couple of weeks.

Ron
Me too Ron . Also will miss the Sat swap Pat
Old 02-02-2022, 01:28 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
She's a beaut Pat! Glad it wasn't too serious.
Thanks Ross and it happened in your stomping grounds on the 101 just after leaving the Madonna Inn quick stop , about 15 min out . She saved us Ross ! Pat
Old 02-05-2022, 02:31 PM   #52

There are a couple of threads for the Quartzsite Gathering this year here at the Escape forum, so I'll post a link to this year's photos at both of them: February 2022 Quartzsite Gathering.

As usual, I'll add photos as the gathering progresses.
Old 02-06-2022, 01:32 PM   #53

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19'er + 2018 Highlander
Is there seasonable cell service in “our area” over by Dome Rock? I have a potential zoom meeting when we plan to be there.
EscapeBoulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2022, 01:52 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeBoulder View Post
Is there seasonable cell service in “our area” over by Dome Rock? I have a potential zoom meeting when we plan to be there.
For those with AT&T or Verizon, I did a speed test yesterday:

AT&T 2.4Mbps down, 14.8Mbps up
Verizon 77.5Mbps down, 7.2Mbps up

This was with cell modems in a MiMo configuration on the lower flat at Dome Rock.
Old 02-06-2022, 03:35 PM   #55

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilye View Post
For those with AT&T or Verizon, I did a speed test yesterday:

AT&T 2.4Mbps down, 14.8Mbps up
Verizon 77.5Mbps down, 7.2Mbps up

This was with cell modems in a MiMo configuration on the lower flat at Dome Rock.
Are those AT&T numbers reversed? Up faster than down seems unusual.
Old 02-06-2022, 06:24 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerMan View Post
Are those AT&T numbers reversed? Up faster than down seems unusual.
This usually happens when the tower gets overloaded. More people downloading than uploading. The numbers were/are correct.

Today Verizon is at 11.2Mbps down & 4.6Mbps up. I gave up on AT&T when their downloads started failing. Might be the 50+ RVs here at Dome Rock, then again, it might just be AT&T. It has been terrible all winter here at Quartzsite.
Old 02-07-2022, 09:11 AM   #57
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
This thread is about Quartzsite. Please stay with that focus. I've deleted a couple of posts that were not necessary to the thread.
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 11:23 AM   #58

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Re: your rally pictures, Jon. 90 eggs? Great stuff. Nice surprise seeing that mini concert.
Attached Thumbnails
Qtz22rally.jpg  
Old 02-13-2022, 11:45 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post
Re: your rally pictures, Jon. 90 eggs? Great stuff. Nice surprise seeing that mini concert.
And while not my count, I was told there were 33 Escapes.
Old 02-14-2022, 08:45 AM   #60

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19'er + 2018 Highlander
From my casual observation, there were most Casitas by a long shot, then Escapes held the #2 position. Surprisingly for me, Olivers probably had the third most trailers at Quartzsite this year. Scamp and other brands brought up the "rear" as far as trailer count is concerned.

Again from casual observation, it appears the 21'er is Escape's most popular model. At least at Quartzsite. I feel there were a lot more 21'ers there then 19'ers or 17'ers.
EscapeBoulder is offline   Reply With Quote