Escape 23 News, July 2023 - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-31-2023, 08:23 PM   #21

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
I have been around awhile. I had a great professor for introduction to sociology at Iowa State in the fall of 1966. One thing that stuck with me for all these years is when he said “behavior by a person or a group of people that makes no sense to you may well be perfectly logical to them. That said, people will buy $100,000 Olivers and $65,000 Escapes just like they buy $200,000 plus cars, million dollar boats and $300 fish poles to catch a bluegill. Go figure.
Iowa Dave
Old 07-31-2023, 08:28 PM   #22

Trailer: 2017 21c Sold, 2023 Bigfoot 25RQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by diannelgraham View Post
Saw a post the other day on another form. Oliver is now pushing 100k so I'm thinking Escape 23 will be higher then 60k but no where near 100k. I'm happy with my 21C so I'm just looking from the peanut gallery.
Base price on the elite 2 is 74000, the 100k was loaded with every expensive upgrade t hey offered. You can easily get a 5.0 into the 60’s with upgrades.

We paid 27,000 for a lightly optioned 21 c in 2017. That trailer is now in the high 40’s. Oliver’s a few years back started at 51. Sooner or later the market will correct.
oldwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2023, 08:37 PM   #23

Trailer: N/A
It’s not sociology I’m talking about but economics. Those people you mention (who will pay those prices) are marginal buyers is my contention. Not enough to make for a healthy market. But the point is that this is classic pricing behavior at turning points, and above 100k they now face pressure from new segments such as Class A etc. Airstream can do that because of the mystique and history (like Steinway), but was distinguishes Oliver? Nothing really, it’s just another plastic trailer.

This came in while I was posting…

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldwave View Post
Base price on the elite 2 is 74000, the 100k was loaded with every expensive upgrade t hey offered. You can easily get a 5.0 into the 60’s with upgrades.
Yup ..
EscapingDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2023, 09:09 PM   #24

There’s a lot of disposable cash out there in a segment of the population where I don’t know anyone. I stopped at Kentucky Horse Park one night. There was a Prevost gathering going on 22 of those units all in one place. It is true that there’s a rollover point where cost breaks over the number of buyers. I guess we will see where it is. I did have a good time with the grandkids last night catching bluegills on the snoopy pole.
Iowa Dave
Attached Thumbnails
8B540549-0794-4BC8-BD81-A9C8FC857152a.jpg  
Old 08-01-2023, 07:35 AM   #25

Trailer: 2021 5.0
Odd how the Bigfoot fans on here have somehow missed the price of almost everything has drastically increased over the last few years.
Ooshkaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2023, 08:16 AM   #26

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooshkaboo View Post
Odd how the Bigfoot fans on here have somehow missed the price of almost everything has drastically increased over the last few years.
This Bigfoot owner and Oldwave understand the increase in Bigfoot prices that have happened as well, so I don’t understand why you said the above.

Oldwave got his before another price increase and we couldn’t afford new, but got lucky and found a 2016 barn find, for $52,000 plus taxes. By the time we finish adding batteries, solar, inverter, new countertop with single burner stovetop/new single bowl sink we’ll have $60,000 or more invested.

The price of a Bigfoot has increased as much as the price of the Escape. To buy our 25RQ would be well over $80,000 today if not $90,000 or more if making the same additions/changes. When we priced a new 25RQ in 2016 it was $54,000 and that was with two solar panels and the front storage box.

We do have interest in the new Escape 23, but only if there is another floor plan that meets our needs. We change trailers frequently, with our Escape 5.0 being our 16th camper and the Bigfoot our 17th over the decades. We’re actually wishing Escape decides to make a 23-25 foot 5th wheel, but are not holding our breath.

Enjoy,

Perry
Perry Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2023, 08:47 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry Butler View Post
This Bigfoot owner and Oldwave understand the increase in Bigfoot prices that have happened as well, so I don’t understand why you said the above. Oldwave got his before another price increase and we couldn’t afford new, but got lucky and found a 2016 barn find, for $52,000 plus taxes. By the time we finish adding batteries, solar, inverter, new countertop with single burner stovetop/new single bowl sink we’ll have nearly $60,000 invested.

The price of a Bigfoot has increased as much as the price of the Escape. To buy our 25RQ would be well over $80,000 today if not $90,000 or more if making the same additions/changes. When we priced a new 25RQ in 2016 it was $54,000 and that was with two solar panels.

Enjoy,

Perry
My point entirely, why do the other Bigfoot fans not understand that. Buy and enjoy whatever you want but to not understand that it goes both ways-Escapes me…
Old 08-01-2023, 10:26 AM   #28

Quote:
My point entirely, why do the other Bigfoot fans not understand that. Buy and enjoy whatever you want but to not understand that it goes both ways-Escapes me…
I don’t know of a single Bigfoot owner who doesn’t understand the cost of goods and services has increased the cost of a Bigfoot, similar to an Escape and all the other campers out there. Show a post to back up your claim.

Perry
Old 08-01-2023, 01:14 PM   #29

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike G View Post
My first thought was, the Karl Edition was the prototype, the trailer that he couldn't get into production. Molasses in cold Canada flows faster than the 23 project did. Now he's gone, and whoever's (temporarily?) running the show is gittin'-r-done. This seems to be the Post-Karl Edition.
I wonder how long it took Reace to develope the second generation of 17B, 19, 21, and the 5.0 back in 2017.
Old 08-01-2023, 01:55 PM   #30

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug2000 View Post
I wonder how long it took Reace to develope the second generation of 17B, 19, 21, and the 5.0 back in 2017.
I agree and the fact that ETI was able to function quite well during Covid when supply and labor were severely affected and still keep the E23 project going was better than a lot of other companies were able to do.

The new guy inherited a done deal. The credit that the E23 exists and will continue to exist is entirely due to Karl and his team.

Those with a bit of historical perspective will remember when the 5.0TA was talked about and in development. There were problems and it was a very similar situation where it almost reached a point where some were wondering if it would ever make it to market.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2023, 09:47 PM   #31

Quote:
I don’t know of a single Bigfoot owner who doesn’t understand the cost of goods and services has increased the cost of a Bigfoot, similar to an Escape and all the other campers out there. Show a post to back up your claim.

Perry
There’s two for you just a few post up. What doesn’t cost too much now…
I don’t troll the Bigfoot forum, maybe they shouldn’t do it here every chance they can slide it in. I really don’t understand what they get from it, most everything has it’s plus and minus points. Ford, Chevy, Ram, Toyota-buy what you like.
Just make their own choice and be happy with it, move on.
I and many others on here are happy with their choice-Escape.
Old 08-01-2023, 10:09 PM   #32

Dance with the one who brought you

Quote:
I don’t troll the Bigfoot forum, maybe they shouldn’t do it here every chance they can slide it in. I really don’t understand what they get from it, most everything has it’s plus and minus points. Ford, Chevy, Ram, Toyota-buy what you like.
Well said. No reason to worry about how others feel, spending one’s own time towards personal happiness and the happiness of those dear, is a noble pursuit.
Iowa Dave
Old 08-01-2023, 10:38 PM   #33

Quote:
So I trolled the forum by starting this thread? Please show me where I trolled this forum.

I try to only enter threads that have either my prior Escape knowledge or those that have mechanical interest common to both Escape and Bigfoot.

Perry
Old 08-02-2023, 02:40 AM   #34

Trailer: 2017 21c Sold, 2023 Bigfoot 25RQ
My Bigfoot 25 RQ cost in the high 60’s, not 80,000. I bet there’s a 5.0 that cost close to,it out there. This was in January. Escapes went up more relative to their original costs. Trolling is something I haven’t done on a while, Ill take out my fishing rod and catch some Lake Erie trout when I get home from my 10 week trip. My point was corporate ownership has not been good for Escape. If your offended by this being pointed out and my skepticism of upcoming (for 3 years) 23 if it ever gets an order process, I apologize. Though I have been accused of apologizing in advance before I speak. I liked my Escape I wouldn’t pay 50,000 for it after owning it though. I would buy another Bigfoot after owning this one though. So Sayanora arrivadercci, and aloha , which is a utilitarian word, it means , hello, goodbye and I love you.

Ciao and forgive the spelling, I’m too lazy to look it up.
oldwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2023, 07:41 AM   #35
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Troll/trolling has different meanings:

1) Trolling is when someone post or comments online to deliberately upset others.

2) Trolling is to carefully and systematically search an area for something
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2023, 09:08 AM   #36

Quote:
So I trolled the forum by starting this thread? Please show me where I trolled this forum.

I try to only enter threads that have either my prior Escape knowledge or those that have mechanical interest common to both Escape and Bigfoot.

Perry
Perry, I wasn’t referring to you.
Your post are more than helpful, actually some of the best.
You made a change in campers, I, and I’m sure everyone else, is happy you are enjoying yourself. It sounds like a great camper, you use some of the differences between Escape and Bigfoot as food for thought for everyone to learn from.

Now some just lurk waiting to push the Bigfoot brand while slamming everyone on here’s choice in camper.
I was just stating I happen to find it odd they keep harping on their preference in camper, always going negative on Escape.
We got it-let it go
Old 08-02-2023, 09:33 AM   #37

Quote:
Perry, I wasn’t referring to you.
Your post are more than helpful, actually some of the best.
You made a change in campers, I, and I’m sure everyone else, is happy you are enjoying yourself. It sounds like a great camper, you use some of the differences between Escape and Bigfoot as food for thought for everyone to learn from.

Now some just lurk waiting to push the Bigfoot brand while slamming everyone on here’s choice in camper.
I was just stating I happen to find it odd they keep harping on their preference in camper, always going negative on Escape.
We got it-let it go
If you weren’t referring to me why did you continually quote me. Read my first few lines in my first quote to you. I believe Oldwave and myself are the only Bigfoot owners on this thread. I asked for examples and you gave none. Besides, I’ve never seen any Bigfoot owner slam other’s choice in campers on this forum. Follow your own advice.

Perry
Old 08-02-2023, 07:25 PM   #38
Site Team

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21C, NTU April 2022
Must say I enjoy discussions of the differences in campers, particularly molded-fiberglass campers. They all have pluses and minuses.

As for prices, which seemed to become a point of contention in this thread: everything has gone up—way up. Just look at your grocery bill.
Old 08-02-2023, 08:21 PM   #39

Trailer: 2022 21C + 2021 F-150 PowerBoost 4x4
Got an e-mail from Escape this evening on the E23. They’re doing a series of drawings for the First Edition purchases (prizes included for the first 3 drawn).

Price for First Edition is right at $65K. Specs are very interesting. Looks like the overall exterior length is only about 7 inches shorter than Bigfoot’s 25-footer. Interesting.

Oh, and they say deliveries will begin in September.

Here’s a link to their E23 page: https://escapetrailer.com/the-23-escape/
YakRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2023, 10:16 PM   #40
Site Team

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21C, NTU April 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by YakRV View Post
Got an e-mail from Escape this evening on the E23. They’re doing a series of drawings for the First Edition purchases (prizes included for the first 3 drawn).

Price for First Edition is right at $65K. Specs are very interesting. Looks like the overall exterior length is only about 7 inches shorter than Bigfoot’s 25-footer. Interesting.

Oh, and they say deliveries will begin in September.

Here’s a link to their E23 page: https://escapetrailer.com/the-23-escape/
Fascinating!

I haven't gotten the email yet (seem to have fallen off the list).

Nice to see a video with Karl (made at the rally).

At 24'11", this is not a 23' trailer. And it's now 8' wide? They should now call it the Escape 25!

Did they make the tongue longer to get it to 25'?