How Do We Edit A Post We Started? - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Forum Help | Announcements | Suggestion Box
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-15-2022, 03:52 AM   #1
DT6

Trailer: 2022 Escape 21C; 2018 Escape 19 (sold in 2022)
How Do We Edit A Post We Started?

How Do We Edit A Post We Started?
DT6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 04:14 AM   #2

Trailer: 2019 5.0TA "Junior", 2019 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
For a short time after you make a post (not sure how long, a moderator could tell you) you have the ability to edit it - after that, no way to change it. An "Edit" button will appear along with the others at the bottom of your post while it is open for editing.
Attached Thumbnails
Capture.JPG  
Old 08-15-2022, 08:11 AM   #3
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
I honestly don't know how long the edit button is visible to the members. But, we're always able to make changes for you.

Contact one of us via PM and we'll help.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 10:20 AM   #4

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
I usually write a post and just go ahead and post it. Then I reread it and try to fix the typos with an edit. I write a lot of awkward sentences, and specialize in run on sentences. Sometimes I refer to a picture or data that I can’t immediately find so I go hunting for it and post it by editing within an hour or two. After that I just apologize for sloppy work. Apologies did not work for me very well in school but about 99 percent or better of my English teachers are long gone now so the only corrections I get are from readers, some of whom must be English teachers now.
YMMV as Donna D says.
Have a great day, I have one more row of spuds to dig.
Kennebecs on the right and Yukon Gold on the left. The ones in the little aluminum pot are the ones I speared with the spading fork and we had them for dinner last night.
Iowa Dave
Attached Thumbnails
BEEF1C21-5F90-4279-AFF6-052F25E1E6A6.jpg  
Old 08-15-2022, 02:57 PM   #5

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
I usually write a post and just go ahead and post it. Then I reread it and try to fix the typos with an edit. I write a lot of awkward sentences, and specialize in run on sentences. Sometimes I refer to a picture or data that I can’t immediately find so I go hunting for it and post it by editing within an hour or two. After that I just apologize for sloppy work. Apologies did not work for me very well in school but about 99 percent or better of my English teachers are long gone now so the only corrections I get are from readers, some of whom must be English teachers now.
YMMV as Donna D says.
Have a great day, I have one more row of spuds to dig.
Kennebecs on the right and Yukon Gold on the left. The ones in the little aluminum pot are the ones I speared with the spading fork and we had them for dinner last night.
Iowa Dave
Hi: Iowa Dave... I recognize the blacktop backdrop. I really dig potatoes too!!!
Ed it is my middle name. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 06:44 PM   #6

Can you dig it?

Hi Alf
Finished up what I like to refer to as the Slavic Holy Trinity. The Pontiacs were magnificent, so much so that I named several Bonneville and others Catalina. So that’s the spud crop for the year. Lots of other vegetables coming on. I’m about 1/4 done freezing sweet corn so probably
doing that tomorrow.
Hope all is well
Iowa Dave
Attached Thumbnails
6CC892D2-100E-47BA-B626-656D1EF25BFD.jpg  
Old 08-15-2022, 07:24 PM   #7

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Quote:
Hi Alf
Finished up what I like to refer to as the Slavic Holy Trinity. The Pontiacs were magnificent, so much so that I named several Bonneville and others Catalina. So that’s the spud crop for the year. Lots of other vegetables coming on. I’m about 1/4 done freezing sweet corn so probably
doing that tomorrow.
Hope all is well
Iowa Dave
I was wondering who in the present generation of young people would get that Dave, Pontiac-Bonneville-Catalina. Nice crop

Looking forward to our next month long plus trip early September to Thunder Bay then on to IL (see you there), then KS with camping in MO as well.
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 07:52 PM   #8

Young people

Quote:
Originally Posted by escape artist View Post
Hi: Iowa Dave... I recognize the blacktop backdrop. I really dig potatoes too!!!
Ed it is my middle name. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
Quote:
Originally Posted by emers382 View Post
I was wondering who in the present generation of young people would get that Dave, Pontiac-Bonneville-Catalina. Nice crop

Looking forward to our next month long plus trip early September to Thunder Bay then on to IL (see you there), then KS with camping in MO as well.
If the Pontiac Catalina doesn’t trip your trigger you are probably too young to own an Escape. And how about the Star Chief, 4 speed Hydro. Pretty fast in it’s day out of the hole, and that big back seat Oooh La La. Leather seats, spot lights ( think deer hunting) and power windows in the mid fifties.
Next up, the Buick Nailhead and before that the Bucktooth grille.
Iowa Dave
Old 08-18-2022, 10:56 AM   #9

Trailer: escape 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I honestly don't know how long the edit button is visible to the members. But, we're always able to make changes for you.

Contact one of us via PM and we'll help.
How do I cancel my add for my trailer ?
golfguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 10:58 AM   #10

Trailer: escape 2014
How do I cancel my add for my trailer ? I’m very new to posting.
golfguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 11:08 AM   #11
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfguy View Post
How do I cancel my add for my trailer ? I’m very new to posting.
Post in the thread, and a moderator will move it to the archives.
Old 08-21-2022, 08:46 PM   #12

Trailer: 2017 5.0TA
Quote:
If the Pontiac Catalina doesn’t trip your trigger you are probably too young to own an Escape. And how about the Star Chief, 4 speed Hydro. Pretty fast in it’s day out of the hole, and that big back seat Oooh La La. Leather seats, spot lights ( think deer hunting) and power windows in the mid fifties.
Next up, the Buick Nailhead and before that the Bucktooth grille.
Iowa Dave
You forgot Grand Prix. And by the way, I worked for a Pontiac Cadillac dealership, owned several Pontiacs including a '66 Grand Prix. Great cars. And how many younger folks would know what a Buick nailhead was, or what it referred to?
Tom
Old 08-21-2022, 09:27 PM   #13

I didn’t forget the Grand Prix I just had to limit my stream of consciousness references lest I go off on a whitewall tire la la land trip. I didn’t mention the lighted hood ornament on the Pontiac Starfires either which my wife remembered on theirs. My son and my daughters know the current cars pretty well and have made good choices in the cars they drive but never had the interest in older cars like I did. Like many of our generation I knew the new cars, the recent classics, the break over between pre war and post world war 2 and a lot of stuff back to the Model T days. It’s different now but I still enjoy a good car show, car museum or seeing a car club out for a drive on a Sunday afternoon. Same with planes and Locomotives. I never studied them but I know what I like and I enjoy seeing them too. Hey the two and a quarter was pretty good sized too.
I like car songs too. Including Big Long Buick and Rocket 88.
Iowa Dave
Old 09-20-2023, 11:18 AM   #14
kym

Trailer: 2017 5.0TA
Good morning Donna,
We had trouble posting photos yesterday resulting in some upside down or sideways. How can I edit thos items.
Thanks, Ken Mcleish
kym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2023, 02:06 PM   #15
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by kym View Post
Good morning Donna,
We had trouble posting photos yesterday resulting in some upside down or sideways. How can I edit thos items.
Thanks, Ken Mcleish
I deleted your thread as per your request. Open any photos that are upside down or sideways in a graphics program... Paint? Fix them there FIRST, then upload.
Old 12-15-2023, 10:25 AM   #16

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA
Hay donna can you help me, i would like to delete my post and start over. I have my e- mail where my user name should be, and have posted wrong pics to boot just want to start over thanks
Joe Joe B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2023, 10:41 AM   #17
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5joe159@gmail.com View Post
Hay donna can you help me, i would like to delete my post and start over. I have my e- mail where my user name should be, and have posted wrong pics to boot just want to start over thanks
If you want to change your screen name... where you email address is displaying, you need to use this form: https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/sendmessage.php

Click the radio button "Account Help" and then explain that you need your screen name changed... and tell them to WHAT name. BUT, be sure to check to see if that name is available first: https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/members/list/

I'll take care of your post, I'm guessing it's the one of the "Escape 2016 5.0 TA 5th wheel" for sale.