What Can't You Live Without - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-22-2022, 08:26 PM   #61

Trailer: 5.0TA - June 2022
Update: I have the build sheet! it's been great reading through all of the replies. A few items we are torn between and that is the stove/ oven. I would LOVE the 3 burner and stove combo as it has a nice sleek look and is very functional. My wife likes the convection oven since it will allow us to delete the microwave. Has anyone installed a convection oven and upgraded to a 3 burner stove top instead of a 2 burner? Also do all of these stove tops need to be lit with a match?
Frisco Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 08:32 PM   #62

Trailer: 2024 Escape 23 on order, 2022 RAM 1500 5.7L Laramie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frisco Kid View Post
Update: I have the build sheet! it's been great reading through all of the replies. A few items we are torn between and that is the stove/ oven. I would LOVE the 3 burner and stove combo as it has a nice sleek look and is very functional. My wife likes the convection oven since it will allow us to delete the microwave. Has anyone installed a convection oven and upgraded to a 3 burner stove top instead of a 2 burner? Also do all of these stove tops need to be lit with a match?
We have the 3 burner Eno and the Convection Microwave. Both work as advertised. Stovetop has an igniter.
bborzell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 10:00 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by bborzell View Post
We have the 3 burner Eno and the Convection Microwave. Both work as advertised. Stovetop has an igniter.
oh that's great! was it an upgrade that ETI was able to do or did you install yourself?
Old 01-23-2022, 12:05 AM   #64

Trailer: 2024 Escape 23 on order, 2022 RAM 1500 5.7L Laramie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frisco Kid View Post
oh that's great! was it an upgrade that ETI was able to do or did you install yourself?
It was an ETI offering. I had been talking to them about offering Dickinson cooktops for several months, but that cooktop didn’t have a certification that Canadian RVs apparently need. We had also talked about the Eno and they decided to offer it. Should show up on your build sheet as an option.
bborzell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 12:12 AM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by bborzell View Post
It was an ETI offering. I had been talking to them about offering Dickinson cooktops for several months, but that cooktop didn’t have a certification that Canadian RVs apparently need. We had also talked about the Eno and they decided to offer it. Should show up on your build sheet as an option.
Build sheet is in, will inquire. Thank you!
Old 01-23-2022, 02:17 AM   #66
Nan

Trailer: 2023 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilye View Post
I'm not Sean, but I did add lights to all my cabinets. I purchased a 16' white LED strip. These strips can be cut to what ever length you want (there are cutting marks between every 3 LEDs), have solder pads that you use to add wires.

I use miniature switches to turn them off & on rather than magnetic switches. I often leave the cabinets open in cold weather to prevent condensation, and want to be able to shut the lights off with the door open.

For those that don't want to cut & solder, I have installed these lamps in cabinets. Unfortunately, they are no longer available at Amazon. I checked the Audew website & they don't appear to list them. While more expensive, something like this strip light would work. Do a search on Amazon for LED Light Bar and you will find bunch of choices.
Thanks for the info and links. BTW- my husband went to SUNY Oswego. Me-Binghamton. I checked out your blog and trip journals and I hope to someday have that accumulation of travels.
Nan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 09:45 AM   #67

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
Everybody has different wants and needs.

Even on my home stove, I think I've used three burners once or twice a year. In the Escape, to me, the counter space gained by the two burner would be a win.

Enjoy all the fun decisions!
Old 03-15-2024, 09:53 AM   #68
Site Team

Trailer: 2023 Escape 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2owmn View Post
Everybody has different wants and needs.

Even on my home stove, I think I've used three burners once or twice a year. In the Escape, to me, the counter space gained by the two burner would be a win.

Enjoy all the fun decisions!
I have to agree with this. Most of the time we use only one burner and that is on the rare occasion we cook inside. We mostly try to cook outside.

Regarding the igniter, make sure turn only clockwise (it has an arrow). It does not like to be turned in the wrong direction. Don’t ask. I don’t want to talk about it.
SageRpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 10:54 AM   #69

Trailer: Escape 21 & Jeep GC 5.7 (Previous 2012 Casita FD17 & 2010 Audi Q5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageRpod View Post
Regarding the igniter, make sure turn only clockwise (it has an arrow). It does not like to be turned in the wrong direction. Don’t ask. I don’t want to talk about it.

By the way, the OP's trailer was delivered two years ago, so all those big decisions have already been made.

I sure hope they took my advice, whatever it was!

Tags
5.0, accessories, modifications