Visit our parks - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-27-2021, 10:01 AM   #1

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Visit our parks

Though the State of Iowa does not have a park entry fee and may not have the span of unique state park attractions that other states do, we are proud of our parks and encourage everyone to enjoy them.
To that end, I’ve linked this year’s program by the DNR to encourage enjoyment and attendance.

https://content.govdelivery.com/acco...letins/2de407f

You might think you’re just passing through and find yourself caught in our web of enjoyment and want to see and experience more. And win something.
Iowa Dave
Attached Thumbnails
1781910C-5E97-4525-911B-8252269B7F24.jpg  
Old 05-27-2021, 12:27 PM   #2

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Well someones gotta reply to you Dave so guess it's me...We're certainly hoping to make it through parts of Iowa, i.e. get to Fort Leavenworth and Thomson IL. We shall see when the border opens. Looking at getting second shot soon, just opened to those who got their first Mar 29th or earlier and we got ours the 31st.

It would be nice to actually stay at Stone State park just north of Sioux City. We tried it one March night when they said it was open for walk ins, well it literally was since you had to climb over snowbanks at the entrance, it was more ski-in! We ended up that night at a Walmart.
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 02:26 PM   #3

Hi Adrian
Before the governor of Iowa sells the bottom two tiers of counties to Missouri to further the surplus in the state treasury so she can help even fewer people without a job or free junior college education, you could consider any of several state parks in your trip from Leavenworth to Thomson. By all means take Highway 2 all the way across southern Iowa . Many nice State and County parks with no snow in September. Lots of small town charm, easy driving and friendly even if broke people. Hope the border opens, I’m out of Hawkins Cheezies.
Iowa Dave
Old 05-27-2021, 06:26 PM   #4

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Chevy 2012 Express 3500 Van
Yrsf

Just a wild guess, but it looks like Yellow River State Forest in the background in your photo.

I could be wrong. I often am, I'm told.
HABBERDABBER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 06:50 PM   #5

We were there on April 30 for my son’s birthday. He caught three trout, dropped a couple. One was a pretty nice brown. I brought my 10 inch Lodge camp oven and he baked a his own birthday cake. Had a camp fire, and a good time. First camped there in 1968 and most years since. Lots of memories. There were several parties of turkey hunters. They were all comparing the mornings shortcomings about 11AM Saturday morning when a gobbler flew from one side of the canyon to the other directly over the top of them. It was pretty funny. We were in the top loop in Little Paint. $9 for the night that night, increased to $12 on May 1. First increase in 10 years.
Iowa Dave
Old 05-27-2021, 07:19 PM   #6

Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0TA "Zen"
Okay, so I'll consider it.

When in Iowa, I am usually going 80 mph. But I have not seen a piece of land untouched by God's hand yet.

I'll see what I can do. And thank you.
UncleTim is offline   Reply With Quote