17B build sheet, any advice for a family of 4? - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-31-2020, 09:16 PM   #1

Trailer: Escape 17B 2021
17B build sheet, any advice for a family of 4?

I just put a deposit on a new 17B with the delivery in late Jan. Plenty of time to decide on the build sheet specifics.
First, we are a family of 4 with kids aged 5 and 3. We love camping and have tent camped out of our Toyota Sienna every summer for a few years now, with mostly long weekend trips 2-4 days long. We live in Western WA and car camp mostly in WA/OR but would like to expand the reach and improve the comfort, hence the trailer.
We are thinking of both more frequent shorter WA trips (2-day weekends) during shoulder seasons and longer trips to Montana, Idaho, Northern CA, etc. Planning to take bicycles with us.

Looking for help with the options. I already researched some and here are my thoughts:
$320, Gaucho Bunk, looks like the only must
$48, Foot Flush Toilet
$140, Exterior Access Hatch
$170, Two-Way Hot Water Tank. We like quick daily showers
$140, Exterior Shower, should be good for cleaning kids, their boots, toys, etc.
$0, manual awning better in our rainy/windy weather?
$350, Surge protector, do we really need it for just pumps and fridge? No A/C.
Upper brake lights since we are going to have bicycles in the back?
$24, Toilet Shut Off Valve (for winterizing) - do we need it in WA?
Standard 3 cu. ft. Fridge. Looks like 4 cu ft is going to make the aisle 4" narrower and add 10 lbs to the weight? Consume more energy as well...
$220, Dual 6V Lead-Acid Batteries. No boondocking planned for now but would like to survive a few days in Yellowstone, for example.
No solar solar panel for now. I think we can always add a portable solar panel later?
$200, Vented Trailer Cover, do they have it in green/khaki color?

Thanks!
dosby is offline   Reply With Quote