21C or 21NE - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-29-2021, 03:44 PM   #21
Bea

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacificc View Post
Great help, thank you.

How do you make a couch out of the bed? I was trying to figure out how I could do that.

Yes, larger holding tanks would be best!

I would rather look out the back, too!
Ok, perhaps the word 'couch' is a little generous. LOL By 'couch' I mean a 'nice place to sit'. When others come in, it's a convenient place to sit and talk and visit. We also carry 2 extra stools in the coat closet so it's easy to add one more person to the dinette for meals and one more to the bed area for conversations. I also use the bed as a place to sit and read with my back against the bathroom wall, supported with pillows. Love reading there with views out the side and front window. I've also seen people order a little fold-up table by the drawer stack and sit on the bed and use that space like a little office. I would want to find a nice little back support thing for that use.

Quote:
I'm going to try a double size bed in the house with Ron and see if it could work. A longer countertop is attractive to me. Thank you. The mattress size is good to know. Thank you.
The bed/mattress size of a 21C is the width of a full (54in) but the length of a queen (80in) so when ordering sheets, Full XL works well. The difference in trying a full/double bed at home is that you can't sleep too close to the edge without feeling like you're going to fall off. In a 21C you can snuggle right up to the wall on either side so that little nuance makes all the difference for us. Hope this helps! -Bea
Bea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 03:51 PM   #22
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Thank you. We are going to lay down on a double size bed (54") and see if we think it will work.
Just remember, because the mattress in the 21C is against three walls, you can't fall out! The entire mattress is 'layable.'
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 04:53 PM   #23

Trailer: 2021 21NE
Induction Burner

Quote:
Hadn't thought about an induction cooktop! Does it plug in?

Wish I could see the C and NE in person.

Enjoy your new trailer.
Yes the induction burner plugs in. We added a dedicated 120V outlet to plug in to.
kathytony1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 05:04 PM   #24

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathytony1985 View Post
Yes the induction burner plugs in. We added a dedicated 110 outlet to plug in to.

Confined to RV Resorts then?
Old 06-29-2021, 08:21 PM   #25

Trailer: 2021 21NE
No. We can run it off of batteries while boon docking.
kathytony1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 10:09 PM   #26

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C "S.S. Iceburg"
We were looking for a E19 when a good deal on a 21C came up, so that was that for us. However, no regrets! We love the 21C configuration! Crawling out the bed in a confined space is a pain whether from foot or over each other through a narrow side opening. I'm significantly shorter than my wife, so I get the notch side and all is well.

I'm surprised nobody has brought up the black tank though. Check out the thread with the "black tank size" subject. The short of it is: the 21NE's black tank is HALF the capacity of the 21C, despite what Escape has been listing it as. That should be enough to sway any indecision.
kernwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 09:12 AM   #27

Trailer: 2022 Escape 21C
Good to know and thanks for the sleep against the walls tip!
pacificc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 01:06 PM   #28

Trailer: 2020 21c
We have a 2020 21c. The 54" bed is fine. Plenty of space, don't mind the walls and if we touch that's OK too. I'm 6'2" and sleep on the cut side, no problems. My wife slides out the bottom often without me noticing. Love the counter space especially with fold-up shelfs on the sink side and in the dinette area.
busterbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 03:40 PM   #29

Trailer: 21’ 2020
21 ne

Does anyone have photos of the 21 NE interior? With the double dinette set-up?
TIA
Artlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 03:47 PM   #30

Btw, we have a new 21C. The smaller-sized bed was an issue at first, as I love to have space around me, and can’t really climb over my DH.
However, after time, I’ve adjusted. Yes, it’s a bit cramped, so I’d prefer a wider bed.

‘Wondering if Escape ever considered a Murphy-bed type of plan, or a futon-type of accordion bed? - A couch that flattens into a bed configuration.

We’ll strongly consider the double dinette option in the next one.
Or, we’ll see what the 23’ brings!
Old 07-07-2021, 04:42 PM   #31

Trailer: 21C Jan. 15, 2021
We have a 21C that we received in January. The 21c was ordered as we did not want to crawl over one another and have a bed next to the stove. A small expandable curtain rod between the shelving and upper sink wall with a curtain gives a partition and privacy when leaving the bath.
Also we wanted the larger black tank.
We have made many personal improvements. We are glad to have opted for reinforced walls as we have attached magazine racks, cabinet shelving and bed side wall at bath a narrow canvas carrier for glasses, pens, flashlights, etc. without having to worry about finding a place that has backing.

We also did not get any underbody insulation as repairs are impossible to do, and there will be repairs. Out of sight out of mind only works for those not able to do any of their own repairs. Besides it’s ugly as ugly can be. Wanted it at first until we both visually saw what it looked like.

We also opted for the lift kit as it raised our grey and fresh water tank to not be below the axles.
Also gives room to roll around on a creeper to do underbody frame coating, additional tank reinforcements, etc. I am 5’ 10” 160#, and it is still tight to work on underneath.

We downgraded in size from a 31’ Airstream as we no longer have to carry kids around, and we are very pleased with our 21C.
Dcboyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 08:53 PM   #32

Trailer: 2020 21NE - dual dinettes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artlady View Post
Does anyone have photos of the 21 NE interior? With the double dinette set-up?
Here you go with a few. Let me know if there is something more specific you would like to see.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0817.jpg   IMG_0814.jpg   hanging pouches.jpg  
sherminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 11:17 PM   #33

Trailer: 2021 Escape 21C
Quote:
Hello,

Planning to move from a 17B to a 21C or 21NE.

Leaning toward the 21C, but looking for opinions of owners who have one or the other.

21C - I like that we may not have to crawl over each other as much to get into and out of bed. Thinking I would rather have the 6" plus corner cut difference than my partner crawling over me to get up.

Seems to have more closet/drawer space and cubby at the bathroom door swing

Longer kitchen cabinet in the 21C

Anyone have a 7 cu.ft. refrigerator?

Opinions welcome. Thank you.
We chose a 21C because I have no need to back into some beautiful spot and then spend my time looking at my pickup truck in front of the trailer as I would in the 21NE.
Beekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 07:29 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherminator View Post
Here you go with a few. Let me know if there is something more specific you would like to see.
Those are pretty good, thanks! It does appear to be more roomy, and there’s nice seating space without being cramped. Looks nice!
Old 07-08-2021, 08:15 AM   #35

Trailer: 2020 21c
That's why we didn't get the front window. Without the window we have more cabinet space and a shelf for things like phone, glasses, books.
busterbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 08:23 AM   #36

Trailer: 21C Jan. 15, 2021
One member recommended last year before we received our 21C trailer to have the rear table square corners beveled as the front are. We did and love it. I would show you pictures but have not figured out how this site worked on photos. We have the u shaped dinette. Gives lots of storage and does not look like a diner table
Dcboyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
21c 21ne