tank level monitoring system SEE level ll - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-06-2022, 04:58 PM   #41

Trailer: 2012 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
Following that logic, you should have a local RV shop build your trailer.
Yup, if only I could find a local shop that builds Escapes.
Old 04-07-2022, 01:53 PM   #42

Trailer: 2017 F250
Yes. I have installed them twice once on a Camplite once on a TA 5.0. They’re great.

I used the existing wiring to make most of the connections. However, things were not where they were supposed to be. So you may have to improvise.

I strongly recommend taping the sensors and trying them before gluing them. This is what the manufacture suggest. When I follow that suggestion I do better than when I don’t.

I have not calibrated my escape yet but I did it on my camp light. This requires pouring water into the black tank, or simile for the gray tank etc. look at the centers and match the percentages to the actual and make a chart. Enjoy
Little Richie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 04:10 PM   #43

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffreyG View Post
Also worth a note, if you want the sensor head up at eye level like where ETI places it, it's nice to have the wires run.
Yes, but the same wires are used for the standard probe-based panel and the optional SeeLeveL system, so taking the standard system and upgrading later wouldn't require running any additional wire to get the SeeLeveL display where ever the standard panel would be.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 04:48 PM   #44

Trailer: 2021 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
Yes, but the same wires are used for the standard probe-based panel and the optional SeeLeveL system, so taking the standard system and upgrading later wouldn't require running any additional wire to get the SeeLeveL display where ever the standard panel would be.

I suppose. ETI has both on my trailer. They installed the normal sensor probes and wires, and then installed the See Level and wired it separately.
JeffreyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 04:53 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lewis View Post
From my experience, propane in the Sedro-Woolley area south of Sumas is some of the cheapest in the country, possibly due to the refinery at nearby Anacourtes. FYI in case you're headed that direction after picking up your trailer at Sumas.
When looking to see what’s cheaper, remember that if you have to pay sales tax in the US, it will likely be based on the total purchase price of the camper, which will include propane if it is part of the camper invoice. It may or may not matter. After spending so much money on the camper you really have to ask yourself what a couple bucks in propane matters. I think the best way to look at it is just convenience. But then that’s just me and many people disagree
Old 04-07-2022, 05:19 PM   #46

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Convenient to have all propane and fresh water tanks filled at the factory before pick up so the Escape becomes a "turn key" camper..... we did that before and will do it again this year.
Old 04-07-2022, 06:21 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
But…
The wires and old monitors are not always where they are thought to be. On my TA black tank they were supposed to be at the end of the black tank behind the side panel near the propane tanks.Easy leash — Not… the black tank monitors and wires were behind the wall at the toilet. The worker was having a creative day.
Old 04-07-2022, 07:08 PM   #48

Trailer: 2022 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Convenient to have all propane and fresh water tanks filled at the factory before pick up so the Escape becomes a "turn key" camper..... we did that before and will do it again this year.
We ordered the filled propane tanks, but I didn’t see where we request the filled fresh water tanks. We will be camping on the way home as it’s a thousand miles.
splitting_lanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 11:09 PM   #49

Trailer: 2021 Escape E5.0; 2021 F150 PowerBoost
The propane from Canada lasts a long time We are starting our second year of Escape about 25-30 days of camping to-date but are still on our first cylinder of propane. And, it’s not because we are eating out or not using it to heat water or camper. I figure when the propane runs out, it’s time to change the camper

Seriously, I am more than surprised how long a cylinder of propane lasts. ETI definitely did not short us on propane!
kavm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2022, 07:13 AM   #50

Trailer: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by kavm View Post
The propane from Canada lasts a long time We are starting our second year of Escape about 25-30 days of camping to-date but are still on our first cylinder of propane. And, it’s not because we are eating out or not using it to heat water or camper. I figure when the propane runs out, it’s time to change the camper

Seriously, I am more than surprised how long a cylinder of propane lasts. ETI definitely did not short us on propane!
Just remember one can refill your propane tank. We’ll hopefully get CP to realize that n that he doesn’t have to buy a new escape when his tanks are getting lol
Old 04-09-2022, 09:40 AM   #51

Trailer: 2021 Escape 19
Quick follow up. Gabe at Garnet Instruments diagnosed my problem as being the fresh water tank sensor and sent me a replacement direct, right away. I got the sensor yesterday and installed it this morning. Problem solved, everything is working correctly now.

So a good experience with Garnet, they were very responsive and got the problem fixed for me right away.
JeffreyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2022, 03:04 PM   #52

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
I suppose. ETI has both on my trailer. They installed the normal sensor probes and wires, and then installed the See Level and wired it separately.
That's a premium setup ... but if they just installed the SeeLeveL properly and tested it, the probe system would be redundant.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2022, 04:03 PM   #53

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
Quote:
Quick follow up. Gabe at Garnet Instruments diagnosed my problem as being the fresh water tank sensor and sent me a replacement direct, right away. I got the sensor yesterday and installed it this morning. Problem solved, everything is working correctly now.

So a good experience with Garnet, they were very responsive and got the problem fixed for me right away.
I'm glad to read of good support from Garnet Instruments and especially that your issue is resolved.

Thank You for that follow-up.
Old 04-17-2022, 07:15 PM   #54

Trailer: 21NE 2022
Quote:

So, it appears that the standard tank monitoring system is not dependable and neither is the optional SEE Level II system. As a newbie who will be finalizing my build sheet next week, what other options do I have? Can you crawl under the trailer and observe the levels? Maybe crawl under and tap them to get an idea?

I am getting the 21NE which has a small blank tank so I won't have a whole of margin for error.
GTR guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2022, 08:29 PM   #55

Trailer: 2021 E19 (Padawan)
I lived with old style tank probes for 50 years without a problem. You knew gray and black were wrong. Sometime before water came up in the shower, or the tank under the toilet looked full when flushing you dumped. I have the See level on my Sept 21 E19 and in 3 1/2 months of use so far, they have been spot on.
Old 04-17-2022, 09:48 PM   #56

Trailer: 2021 Escape E5.0; 2021 F150 PowerBoost
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR guy View Post
So, it appears that the standard tank monitoring system is not dependable and neither is the optional SEE Level II system. As a newbie who will be finalizing my build sheet next week, what other options do I have? Can you crawl under the trailer and observe the levels? Maybe crawl under and tap them to get an idea?

I am getting the 21NE which has a small blank tank so I won't have a whole of margin for error.
You should do what you think is right but I believe there is a big difference. See Level II is a good system. While anything can be defective, the issues with it have been incorrect installation by ETI. I’d think they have improved on that in the last year. It gave us heartburn initially but that was on ETI and not See Level II. Since the installation issues were corrected, we have absolutely no complaints. It does what we expect it to do.

It obviously costs more, so you have to decide how much you value it. In terms of doing what it is supposed to do - there is a big difference between the standard vs See Level II. One works if installed correctly and the other does not work too well by design irrespective of installation/defects.
kavm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2022, 10:04 PM   #57

Trailer: 2021 E19 (Padawan)
As a follow up, the black tank size has never been the limitation in any RV I’ve owned. The gray tank has always been the biggest restriction on how long I can boondock without having to take some kind of action. That limitation is even greater than 12V power and I have never had a fancy electrical system in an RV, although I have had on boats.
Old 04-17-2022, 10:19 PM   #58

Trailer: 21NE 2022
Thank you! The advice, experience and opinions you folks have shared have helped me immensely. I feel better and better about my build sheet and my plans for my 21NE - or as I refer to it, Dad's Cabin on Wheels.
GTR guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 07:38 AM   #59

Trailer: 2022 E19
Seems to me the decision on which system works best may be impacted on the type of camping you do.
If you boondock a lot then I can see how the upgraded monitoring system could be valuable.
If like us however you tend to set up on serviced sites it's less of an issue. If we're going to be set up for a few days I connect the sewer hose on initial set-up and dump at the end of every day.
If we're only there one night it is highly unlikely we would fill the tanks and would, of course, dump before we leave.
Fender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 12:38 PM   #60

Trailer: 2021 E21C
Somewhat reluctantly, we ordered the SeaLevel system on our 2021 - 21C. I am sorry we ordered it. It has not worked correctly yet and it is a relatively expensive option. The idea is great, love the digital readouts, and was really looking forward to accuracy but our experience has been less than optimum.

Our freshwater SeaLevel tank monitor seems to work pretty accurately after periods where it did not. But the grey and black always show that they are 33 to 38% full even when they are completely empty. They do seem to function at the limits of the tanks capacities, from 80% on up. I've contacted Escape about it and was told 'we're working on a solution'. That was last year and we've heard nothing since.

I keep on eye on the black tank the old fashioned way, peeking into the abyss, just in case, really don't want to find out the hard way that we've gone too far. Anyway, if we had it to do over again, we'd forego the option since it has not worked as advertised.
glsails is offline   Reply With Quote