Just Placed An Offer for Land - Page 5 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Cyber Campfire
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-09-2017, 08:13 PM   #81

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
We're doing the same, problem is it was easy moving all the woodworking tool down to the basement when I was 30. Not so easy getting them up the hatch way in my 60's.
Old 07-09-2017, 08:21 PM   #82

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marry View Post
Another hoarder?
Wishing you two well with everything!! Gonna be hard to beat Robert's record sale, but I bet you would settle for any offer over asking price. Only that already would make me happy
22 years of accumulating in a house with a ton of storage.

We just sold a couple revenue properties a few months back for near list to the first folks to view each one. Our realtor was shocked, but happy. And this in a down market, though it is appearing to be picking up.

I hope ours sells fast, as we take possession next door early August and will be very cash poor.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 08:27 PM   #83

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
You got that right Marry. We thought we were living "lightweight" until we started packing up. Too much stuff. Much of it is going in file 13 or to a garage sale.
Well, when you get done, could you come to our house? The one in Iowa. No way we can fit what we have there in the one in Texas. After spending ten years getting rid of stuff. Just saw a fulltimer talking about, what were they thinking when they paid for all of that stuff? And then they got rid of it. I think we will have to throw things into piles and throw them into trucks. I know you will be done soon. Not us.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 10:24 PM   #84

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marry View Post
I bet you would settle for any offer over asking price. Only that already would make me happy
That's normal in Vancouver. Seen some condo sales at $150,000 over asking. My daughter and hubby paid $35,000 over asking and the same condo in the same building recently sold for $110,000 over what they paid a year ago.
Old 07-09-2017, 10:38 PM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
22 years of accumulating in a house with a ton of storage.

We just sold a couple revenue properties a few months back for near list to the first folks to view each one. Our realtor was shocked, but happy. And this in a down market, though it is appearing to be picking up.

I hope ours sells fast, as we take possession next door early August and will be very cash poor.
Good luck on it all. We have been accumulating for about twice what you have and also in a big house. Difficult to downsize after all of this time. At least you have relatives around to help if need be. Ours are far away. Of course, if you do not sell right away, you have more time to move. We can't even think of selling now. Moving going very slowly with so much to deal with.
Old 07-09-2017, 11:12 PM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by float5 View Post
Good luck on it all. We have been accumulating for about twice what you have and also in a big house. Difficult to downsize after all of this time. At least you have relatives around to help if need be. Ours are far away. Of course, if you do not sell right away, you have more time to move. We can't even think of selling now. Moving going very slowly with so much to deal with.
This is forcing us to make some tough decisions we need to. We will be spending up to 2 years living through major renos, including at least one addition, so will store some stuff while this is on the go, but are still getting rid of lots.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 07-09-2017, 11:42 PM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
This is forcing us to make some tough decisions we need to. We will be spending up to 2 years living through major renos, including at least one addition, so will store some stuff while this is on the go, but are still getting rid of lots.
Well, storing stuff is an idea, too. We may have to do what you are doing on that.
Old 07-10-2017, 09:44 AM   #88

Trailer: Bigfoot 25' 2018
Quote:
Only thing now is to find a temporary place to live while our new one is being built....
We've decided to move also. We decided, as you have, to sell our house before getting a new one. Likely buy a lot to build on, sell our existing house, and then build a new house. That build a new house will take about a year. So we also need to find a place to live for that time.

We've decided to live in our Escape during this year. Downsize everything and keep essentials in a storage unit. But wait, what a great opportunity to try the snowbird life. Winter in Arizona and summer in the Pacific Northwest. It might be a great life. So we've not set a time frame on "build a new house" leaving the snowbird life open ended. Could be AGA, another great adventure.

Tally-Ho!
currinh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 09:51 AM   #89
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
I would love to try that Hugh, but we are still committed to living in the San Antonio area. I can live wherever I like as long as it's near an airport, but we have all the family, grandkids etc in SA.

Doing the math, we might come out cheaper living in the trailer for the next half year, in a full service RV resort or the like, and renting a storage facility, vs renting an apartment and not having to rent storage. But, we aren't sure we want to live in the trailer for that long.
Old 07-10-2017, 11:23 AM   #90

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
I would love to try that Hugh, but we are still committed to living in the San Antonio area. I can live wherever I like as long as it's near an airport, but we have all the family, grandkids etc in SA.

Doing the math, we might come out cheaper living in the trailer for the next half year, in a full service RV resort or the like, and renting a storage facility, vs renting an apartment and not having to rent storage. But, we aren't sure we want to live in the trailer for that long.
Hi: rbryan4... No time like the present to find out if you could make it "that long". Don't wait for a natural disaster when a man made one is at hand!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 11:25 AM   #91
Site Team

I could do it Alf. I'm certain of that. I love being in the camper. My wife however likes her home and room to entertain, have friends and family over frequently, etc. I'm afraid she'd tire of the trailer, and the little bit of camping we do enjoy would lose it's shine for her.

You know what they say: happy wife, happy...
Old 07-10-2017, 04:28 PM   #92

I don't think that I would have wanted to spend many months in a 19' as I did in the 21' while buying the Texas house. Big difference to me between the two. No problem with the 21'. I would not think the 19' would suit that situation and especially a year. But some people manage in even smaller.
Old 07-10-2017, 04:40 PM   #93
Site Team

I think you're right Cathy, but it's based on your expectations. If you've downsized and decided to live the minimalist lifestyle, I could see being happy even in a 13 to 15 footer full time. We haven't minimized yet, and perhaps we never will - well at least not to the extent some folks do.

I would still be reluctant to do it full time right now even in a 21 or a 5.0TA.
Old 09-20-2017, 08:57 AM   #94
Site Team

We are supposed to break ground on the site work in a couple of weeks. Here's the general idea. The final elevation will show the windows arched, and sidelights at the entry door, but that's minor.

Oh and sorry Jim, no blueprint for campsite number 1 yet...
Attached Thumbnails
Screenshot_20170821-203444.jpg  
Old 09-20-2017, 08:59 AM   #95

Quote:
We are supposed to break ground on the site work in a couple of weeks. Here's the general idea. The final elevation will show the windows arched, and sidelights at the entry door, but that's minor.
That's going to be exciting to see happen. How long is it expected to take before occupancy? Make sure you share photos of the process.
Old 09-20-2017, 09:02 AM   #96
Site Team

Supposedly 7 months give or take a couple weeks.
Old 09-20-2017, 09:07 AM   #97

Sounds similar to timelines around here too.
Old 09-20-2017, 10:28 AM   #98

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Pretty home there Robert, we have something that looks similar somewhat, a historical stone and slate, but ours is 65 years old...
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0404.jpg  
Old 09-20-2017, 11:28 AM   #99

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:

Oh and sorry Jim, no blueprint for campsite number 1 yet...
Ah, you beat me to it. The front elevation immediately caught my eye, then a possible comment, like "where's the guest parking spots". But Jim's already got dibs on #1

Hope the timeline holds.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 11:33 AM   #100

Trailer: 2017 5.0 TA 2017 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Pretty home there Robert, we have something that looks similar somewhat, a historical stone and slate, but ours is 65 years old...
Beautiful!
Rapha is offline   Reply With Quote