Shortages are showing up...... - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Cyber Campfire
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-26-2021, 09:13 PM   #21

Trailer: 2012 E19
Wouldn't it be wiser to ask Rita to stay at the ladder so she can be there to hold the ladder each time?
Unless your life insurance policy is too tempting, that is...
Old 10-26-2021, 09:33 PM   #22

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
She was in the house making Halloween cookies for the grandkids. Then we drove 58 miles round trip to deliver them. The good news was we didn’t hit any deer and my son in law had made a very tasty gumbo soup with chicken and shrimp. So worth the trip
just got back in the house. Time for some frozen yogurt and answer a couple PMs from earlier today. Life insurance is all paid up except for the pay for life policy I bought when I was 14. The cost is $50 every 6 months and the dividend is $152 once a year. Prudential keeps trying to tell me they have a better deal if I would convert to something else. I ask them what’s better than perpetual motion?
Iowa Dave
Old 10-27-2021, 07:52 AM   #23

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Noelia will not allow me up on a ladder anymore..........
Old 10-27-2021, 08:14 AM   #24

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
She was in the house making Halloween cookies for the grandkids. Then we drove 58 miles round trip to deliver them. The good news was we didn’t hit any deer and my son in law had made a very tasty gumbo soup with chicken and shrimp. So worth the trip
just got back in the house. Time for some frozen yogurt and answer a couple PMs from earlier today. Life insurance is all paid up except for the pay for life policy I bought when I was 14. The cost is $50 every 6 months and the dividend is $152 once a year. Prudential keeps trying to tell me they have a better deal if I would convert to something else. I ask them what’s better than perpetual motion?
Iowa Dave
Hi: Iowa Dave... I couldn't climb the "Corporate ladder" cause a 6 ft. step ladder is 5 ft. to tall for me!!! I really love being grounded and we only have a single story house. It's not the fall that gets you it's the sudden stop at the bottom!!!
Funny thing my life ins. co. is doing the same thing to me too. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
Attached Thumbnails
P1000923.jpg  
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 03:07 PM   #25

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Noelia will not allow me up on a ladder anymore..........
She's probably afraid you might get blown off by a bit of wind, hopefully you are working on getting your weight back up

I recently washed and waxed the trailer and being concerned about the height on ladder to get to the top of 5.0 at highest point I am making it a point to ensure I am wearing proper tie up shoes. I also only waxed the driver's side before putting it back into the shelter where the ladder barely fit beside trailer but also meant ladder could not tip nor could I fall off as had the support of the wall.
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 05:10 PM   #26

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
The 'critical shortage du jour' at my regional chain supermarket today was dried pasta .... 25 linear feet of empty shelves, not a shape or brand to be seen but for a few forlorn broken / open packages

Yeah, I know, a decidedly first-world problem and I've been spoiled to expect endless choice and quantity.

Onward thru the fog .....
Old 10-28-2021, 06:23 PM   #27

Trailer: 2021 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Centex View Post
The 'critical shortage du jour' at my regional chain supermarket today was dried pasta .... 25 linear feet of empty shelves, not a shape or brand to be seen but for a few forlorn broken / open packages

Yeah, I know, a decidedly first-world problem and I've been spoiled to expect endless choice and quantity.

Onward thru the fog .....

Try zucchini instead, get a zucchini spiralizer, get the hand crank version, it’s around $25.
Heat it up a bit on a skillet and treat as you would pasta, plus it’s fresh.

Another choice is pho noodles, they will be in an Asian food store. Rice noodles is what they are, I buy the refrigerated version.

While you’re there grab a 20 pound bag of jasmine rice, beans and rice just might look pretty good by Christmas.
Ooshkaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 07:16 PM   #28

Trailer: 2012 E19
My wife asked for and received a hand crank pasta maker and a pasta drying rack for her most recent birthday. Got her a good Italian one, a Marcato Atlas. She has yet to try it out, which is par for the course for her with gifts she requests. Maybe I'll get some homemade pasta to eat one of these days, but no big deal, I guess.

The one gift she uses every day, however, is the Lazy Boy recliner.
Old 10-29-2021, 08:18 AM   #29

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by emers382 View Post
She's probably afraid you might get blown off by a bit of wind, hopefully you are working on getting your weight back up

I recently washed and waxed the trailer and being concerned about the height on ladder to get to the top of 5.0 at highest point I am making it a point to ensure I am wearing proper tie up shoes. I also only waxed the driver's side before putting it back into the shelter where the ladder barely fit beside trailer but also meant ladder could not tip nor could I fall off as had the support of the wall.
Hi: emers 382... You could say you were "Up the wall"!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2021, 09:00 AM   #30

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooshkaboo View Post
Try zucchini instead, get a zucchini spiralizer, get the hand crank version, it’s around $25.
Heat it up a bit on a skillet and treat as you would pasta, plus it’s fresh.

Another choice is pho noodles, they will be in an Asian food store. Rice noodles is what they are, I buy the refrigerated version.

While you’re there grab a 20 pound bag of jasmine rice, beans and rice just might look pretty good by Christmas.
And another choice is spaghetti squash...
Old 11-03-2021, 01:37 PM   #31

Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B/2021 F150 w/ 3.5 Ecoboost
I'm heading to AZ since we've got snow forecasted for next week. I've got enough food for the dog and I to last until April. I ain't worried about no stinkin shortages....
Old 11-03-2021, 03:37 PM   #32

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by advenas View Post
I'm heading to AZ since we've got snow forecasted for next week. I've got enough food for the dog and I to last until April. I ain't worried about no stinkin shortages....
Let's hope the gas stations remain operating..........
Old 11-03-2021, 03:40 PM   #33

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Let's hope the gas stations remain operating..........