Boomers Got the Vax - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2021, 03:25 PM   #41

Trailer: 2022 21C + 2021 F-150 PowerBoost 4x4
Not to imply that anyone is misleading the forum, and more just to add information, these are links to a couple websites I came across on the shingles vaccines (if you’re interested):

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vpd/shi...rix/index.html

https://www.nvic.org/vaccines-and-di...d-not-get.aspx

Hope it helps.
Old 11-04-2021, 04:39 PM   #42

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Gabby,
I get all of the shots, shingles included, no side effects other than wanting another Escape......
Old 11-04-2021, 08:01 PM   #43

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Chevy 2012 Express 3500 Van
Old info

The previous version of the shingle vaccination was indeed, ONLY 50% effective. That's a coin toss odd, one I'll take ANY day, and much, much better than nothing.

The NEW version is around 95% EFFECTIVE. I wouldn't bet against those numbers.

Do your homework, and find the best evidence based information you can.
Old 11-04-2021, 10:44 PM   #44

Trailer: 2022 Lynne's Escape19 TV GMC 1500 4x4 Diesel/
Talking Booster time

Both my wife and I walked into CVS no appointment and got our boosters. We decided to switch them received Pfizer. There is studies showing that if you switch it improves the immune response. My wife has to have back surgery next month, at University California medical school Irvine she is required to have both shots and booster and a negative test 72 hours prior to surgery. For me to visit her my wife I must have and show my Covid-19 vaccination record each time I enter the hospital. A negative test result is not considered sufficient.
Old 11-04-2021, 11:17 PM   #45

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Iowa Dave care to comment?
THURSDAY, Nov. 4, 2021 (HealthDay News) -- The discovery that up to 80% of white-tailed deer in Iowa may be infected with COVID-19 has scientists worried that the animals could become a reservoir for variants that could come back to haunt humans.
Old 11-05-2021, 07:22 AM   #46

Trailer: 2016 21 ft escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
THURSDAY, Nov. 4, 2021 (HealthDay News) -- The discovery that up to 80% of white-tailed deer in Iowa may be infected with COVID-19 has scientists worried that the animals could become a reservoir for variants that could come back to haunt humans.
Attachment 59381. So that’s why the deer look like this around here.
Attached Images

Old 11-05-2021, 08:36 AM   #47

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA!
I had the J & J for my original shot....so I got the Moderna booster yesterday! They say it really takes your antibodies way up. So far a little tired but otherwise good.
Old 11-05-2021, 01:36 PM   #48

Trailer: Bigfoot Silver Cloud 1988
Kevin was quite unwell after the booster, me only a bit. He got the flu shot at the same time though and thought it was the source of his issues. He had not issues after Moderna number 2.

CindyL
Old 11-05-2021, 06:28 PM   #49

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanmalk View Post
Over my lifetime I have received shots for: polio, diphtheria, pertussis, measles, mumps, rubella, tetanus, pneumonia, hepatitis, shingles, covid, flu, and perhaps others. Yet I have no immunity what-so-ever against beer, donuts, ice cream, etc.
I have always wanted to develop a beer and ice cream diet. I could make a lot of money, and enjoy drinking and eating the products.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 11-06-2021, 12:34 AM   #50

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post
Am I a pre-Boomer?

When I was a child in the early fifties in NJ there was an amusement park on the western fringe of my town. It was called Olympic Park. Had a huge beer garden/ picnic grove, with a bandstand, a building where you could roller skate on wood floors, rows of carny businesses like shooting galleries, where you could win a fuzzy prize, and of course, a big roller coaster, bumper cars, bumper boats, many other thrill rides.

For decades it was the best place in the city to have fun, and what a happy place it was! It said “SMILE” at the entrance. Even had an Olympic sized swimming pool.

When we drove down Springfield Avenue I always watched for 43nd Street because then you could see at its end the big wooden arched entrance to Olympic Park. I would beg dad to turn down 43th Street and take us there, but, that was the early fifties. Because of the Polio epidemic raging then he thought it was too dangerous to be where so many people would be gathering.

It all changed when they introduced the Polio vaccine.
Myron at that time they thought I had Polio because I had a high fever and couldn’t move my legs I was 6 years old now I am 75 but I did get Heart valve damage from the fever but still here and thank goodness for the vaccine then and now ! Pat
Old 11-06-2021, 03:36 AM   #51

Trailer: Escape
Wife & I are Boosted

My 96 yr old mother in memory-care facility was boosted 6 days ago. Her original vacination was very early. She caught Covid this Sept.

Slight temp for a day and tired a couple days was as bad as it got.

So a 96yr with a history of cardiac arrest, coronary stints, severe stroke, hypertension, heart disease, late stage alzheimer’s, and now beat Covid too! They don't build like that any more.

We are boosted.
Old 11-06-2021, 08:50 AM   #52

Trailer: 2016 21 ft escape
Got my booster at the VA yesterday. My wife can’t get hers until January or February because she got her first shingles shot last week. And they are telling her 2 months out from her last shingles shot.
Old 11-06-2021, 09:06 AM   #53

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
More or less!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
I have always wanted to develop a beer and ice cream diet. I could make a lot of money, and enjoy drinking and eating the products.
Hi: Jim Bennett... I cut down on the one, so I could have more of the other. I'm an ice cream-a-holick!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
Old 11-06-2021, 09:33 AM   #54

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Deer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
Hi Glenn
Not as a coverup but as a developing story, the DNR has been quiet on this development until the last few days. The Chronic Wasting Disease has been in our state for a few years now and the DNR has spent a lot of time and money attempting to control the spread and educate hunters. If covid in deer is a problem here, it’s a problem in other places too.

Whether you’re a fan of wildlife harvest of any kind or not, spreading diseases which can be transmitted between species is of great concern from both a health standpoint and an economic one as well.

Where are all the muskrats? Largely gone from the landscape here in Eastern Iowa. Why? That’s when the finger pointing starts.

Where are the civet cats and the grey fox? Armadillos in southern Iowa? Are you kidding me?.

Trends, whether short term with rapidly rising peaks and declines or decades long bear close scrutiny by everyone. We are all in this together.

Ecosystem musings by:
Iowa Dave
Old 11-06-2021, 11:37 AM   #55

Trailer: "Side Effect" 2022 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
Hi Glenn
Not as a coverup but as a developing story, the DNR has been quiet on this development until the last few days. The Chronic Wasting Disease has been in our state for a few years now and the DNR has spent a lot of time and money attempting to control the spread and educate hunters. If covid in deer is a problem here, it’s a problem in other places too.

Whether you’re a fan of wildlife harvest of any kind or not, spreading diseases which can be transmitted between species is of great concern from both a health standpoint and an economic one as well.

Where are all the muskrats? Largely gone from the landscape here in Eastern Iowa. Why? That’s when the finger pointing starts.

Where are the civet cats and the grey fox? Armadillos in southern Iowa? Are you kidding me?.

Trends, whether short term with rapidly rising peaks and declines or decades long bear close scrutiny by everyone. We are all in this together.

Ecosystem musings by:
Iowa Dave
Old 11-06-2021, 04:28 PM   #56

Trailer: 2017 21c Sold, 2023 Bigfoot 25RQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanmalk View Post
Over my lifetime I have received shots for: polio, diphtheria, pertussis, measles, mumps, rubella, tetanus, pneumonia, hepatitis, shingles, covid, flu, and perhaps others. Yet I have no immunity what-so-ever against beer, donuts, ice cream, etc.

You are also more susceptible to these scourges as evident by bad puns.
ten 4 on ice cream "Tootis Fruitsy Ice Cream". Name that quote ?
Old 11-06-2021, 05:09 PM   #57

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
First said by Julius Caesar
Right after Brutus said
“Julius Caesar
That old geezer
Froze his feet
In an ice cream freezer”
and sold it to Burma Shave
Iowa Dave
Old 12-22-2021, 01:36 PM   #58
Tin

Trailer: 2017 5.0TA
Omicron possibly broken through first barrier

Hi every one, I am sure most of you already know this but please prepare. Family member high up in health care management system said best case modeling is not looking good. Advised booster ASAP. stay safe everyone.
Old 12-22-2021, 01:59 PM   #59

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Due to my cancer I have been boosted, dipped, and hung out to dry, so to speak......if it is available, I get it!
Old 12-22-2021, 04:20 PM   #60

Trailer: "Side Effect" 2022 21C
Be sure to Get Your Booster so you can to enjoy the upcoming Escape camping season.
Closed Thread