General Covid-19 comments - Page 13 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > COVID-19 | Discussion Zone
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-17-2020, 07:57 AM   #241

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
The C-130 was the military workhorse in the 60's and 70's and later. While stationed at a Naval Air station I would observe them practicing landing and takes offs all day long. I was involved with ordering the fuel, jp-5, for the turboprops in the C130. I have a funny story about some airmen installing a 55g barrel in the car trunk and filling it with jp-5 for a weekend trip home......
Old 04-17-2020, 09:27 AM   #242

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 Tow: 2024 Toyota Tundra
I was a passenger in the back of a C-130 when one of the pilots got out of the cockpit, walked to the back of the plane, rummaged around for a bit then walked back to the front while thumbing through a large manual with a puzzled look on his face. The big warrant officer sitting next to me looked at me and said, "if there's one parachute on this plane, it's mine."
Mike Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 09:49 AM   #243

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
https://www.airway1.com/embraer-kc-3...-missions/amp/

The link above shows the new Brazilian aircraft the Embraer 390 a replacement for the venerable C130.
It doesn’t seem so long ago that our scout troop took a high adventure and toured an AC130 gunship at Eglin AFB in Florida. One of those scouts went on to study computer programming and as an employee at Rockwell in Cedar Rapids Iowa spent the better part of 2019 designing and programming the cockpit display for this airplane. Yup, I’m pretty proud of my son Clayton Emory Smith.
Iowa Dave
Here is what the output of one of the C130 gunships looks like: (RVN 1968)
Old 04-17-2020, 09:59 AM   #244

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
The AC 130 gunship we toured in Florida was equipped with a 105 MM Howitzer cannon that would rock your world and the plane when fired. We looked the gun over and I was somewhat surprised to see that the Barrel was stamped Rock Island Arsenal 1945. Our guide explained that the barrels used in these planes were, at the time, 50 years old and made at the end of the Second World War. “Still haven’t come up with anything better” he said. For those interested in armaments, the Rock Island Arsenal is 52 miles south of the Corps of Engineers campground at Thomson Illinois where the Mississippi River Rally is held there last full weekend in September. The Arsenal can be toured, I’m not up on the details but it’s not hard to find. In addition there are other Corps sites, County parks and State parks in the close vicinity of Interstate 80 as it crosses from Iowa to Illinois. On your cross country trip from eastern Nebraska to Ohio, which I’d suggest you name, “Shoot the Works” you could stop at Offutt AFB at “Omaha” then drive across Iowa without your transmission shifting, camp and see the Rock Island Arsenal. Then drop down to I 70 and take in the fabulous Wright Patterson Air Force Museum at Dayton Ohio. Along the way are great restaurants, cool, clean campgrounds, the lowest grocery store prices in America, and millions of friendly, proud, intelligent Americans. Bucket list ideas from your ADHD tour guide:
Iowa Dave
Old 04-17-2020, 10:31 AM   #245

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Been on a few C131's.
Attached Thumbnails
C131.jpg  
Old 04-17-2020, 10:45 AM   #246

Trailer: gone, 19 and 21 & 17B with 5.0 now. gone
C-130????

I stump people when I ask if they have ever seen a 6 engine 130. When I was a mechanic at NASA, Moffit field, CA we had a boundary layer 130 with two extra engines driving two compressor sections that pumped air over the controls for slow flight. Quite an aircraft, one of a kind.
AZjack
azjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 09:06 PM   #247

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Hi Jack
Hadn’t heard from you in a while and since I’ve done my share of trapping I thought what kind of bait could I use to call in AZJack? Oh, I know, aircraft talk. And it worked. Hope this finds you , Nancy and. Murphy doing as well as possible. All I can tell you is that your button from a couple years ago is still spot on except the Senate doesn’t have any guts. ITMFA
Iowa Dave
Old 04-18-2020, 10:28 AM   #248

Trailer: gone, 19 and 21 & 17B with 5.0 now. gone
Staying inside

Dave, I should be learning my squeeze box so I could join you using your bagpipes.
We order our food delivered and waiting for July to take the 17 to Flagstaff. It is a nice small park, senior only, no smoking anywhere, a nice large space with room for the gazebo, tables and chairs and 6 more feet everywhere. Just like home, we figure how to stay away and enjoy the cooler air at 7000, and have a different view.
Hope your family is doing well and Hi to Rita.
AZjack
azjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 10:29 AM   #249

Trailer: 2016 21 ft escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by yardsale View Post
I am still contented to listen to Celtics, Red Sox, and Patriots broadcasts on radio because of all the sports I listened to as a kid on AM radio. Johnny Most was the greatest. Unapologetic homer however.
If you go into YouTube and put in past Baseball games, a whole bunch will come e.g.
1952 World Series, game 7. Yankees vs Dodgers ,In its entirety. They have a bunch of them. Good way to get your baseball fix and relive old memories.
Jake930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 01:20 PM   #250

Trailer: 21' Escape - 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by azjack View Post
Dave, I should be learning my squeeze box so I could join you using your bagpipes.
AZjack
Bagpipes? Anyone know the difference between bagpipes and an onion?
1Oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 01:45 PM   #251

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xgzfxs

If it's not Scottish its' ..... and no one cries when a set of bagpipes are cut up.
Old 04-18-2020, 03:00 PM   #252

Trailer: 21' Escape - 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xgzfxs

and no one cries when a set of bagpipes are cut up.
Exactly!
1Oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 11:59 AM   #253

Trailer: 2012 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
My wife likes to watch Detroit news, for some reason I've never fathomed.
I grew up in Michigan, and I can't fathom it either!
Mike G is offline   Reply With Quote