General Covid-19 comments - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > COVID-19 | Discussion Zone
Click Here to Login

Old 03-25-2020, 06:31 PM   #1

Trailer: ?
General Covid-19 comments

Colorado will issue a stay-at-home order.

DENVER — Gov. Jared Polis on Wednesday said he will issue a statewide stay-at-home order, effective 6 a.m. Thursday through April 11.

Polis said all of the state's more than 5,700,000 residents should only interact with people in their own households and should only leave their homes for essentials, such as groceries and medical care. Businesses deemed "critical" will be exempt from the order but will still be required to take social distancing measures.
EdColorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 06:48 PM   #2

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 Tow: 2024 Toyota Tundra
The dash home

I had planned to travel for several months, perhaps even going to Alaska. But early last week while in the Portland area I decided to get away from the coast. I wanted to stay for two weeks in Hell's Canyon, just to wait it out and see what happens. But Idaho Power closed its campgrounds on the Snake River, nixing that plan. Other campgrounds could close, I thought. And they did.

So I headed home: six days in a row, about 500 miles per day. After gassing up at a Pilot in Wichita Falls, Texas, I went into the adjacent Wendy's to get lunch. It was take-out only-- chairs were inverted onto the table tops and a line of chairs was in front of the counter to keep people from getting too close to the staff. The manager told me "I've managed several restaurants in my career, including some large ones, but this is my first apocalypse."

Stay safe, everyone. We'll get through this.
Mike Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 08:44 PM   #3

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Good decision, Mike. Enjoy home and be safe, hope to see you out and about when this passes.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 09:28 PM   #4
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
good statistics site to track this thing, updated multiple times per day from the best available sources,
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
(click on a country, like the USA, in the main table to get a page specific for that country)
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 08:20 AM   #5

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Things are real tight here too, and even most of those that were not really following protocol are starting to now. It has mandated that anyone other than service industry folks returning to Canada must do the 2 week isolation, and no going out at all other than on your porch for a fresh of breath air. Smowbirds returning have been focused on as many of them have been ignoring what was a request to do this, but is now the law.

I have been doing only the odd trip to buy supplies for a month or more now, and when doing so taking all the right precautions. No real harm in doing being cautious, and if I can help myself and others in doing so, that is great.

I went to Home Depot yesterday where you can only enter via the Commercial entrance, and there they have staff only allowing a certain number of customers to be inside at a time, and ensuring those waiting keep a couple metres apart. Exit is through the Main entrance. I used the self checkout, of which there was only one open per row to keep customers at a distance, and an employee fully wiped down the equipment there between customers with a sterilizing compound. I was impressed by the measures they took.

Another store I was in the other day that deals in house construction finishing products, mostly with professionals, had an extra 3' of temporary counter installed to keep customers and service people a respectable distance apart. Another good move.

Although this is a pain and many question the degree to which things are taken, it is a much safer way of doing business than previous methods. I can easily accept this and deal with it.

That said, there are many suppliers I deal with that are shut down. Some fortunately will still to phone or online business and deliver with no personal contact with the customer. Another good thing.

I do sure hope a fairly reasonable timing to end this will happen. One million (out of 36 million) Canadians applied for Unemployment Insurance in the last month, lots of vacation time and money lost (for which we were part of) and HUGE losses in investment have happened for again unfortunately we were part of. The federal government has plans to pay out lots of money to individuals and businesses that have been financially affected.

But as already said, we will get through this, life will go on. I wish everyone the best in getting through this. Take care.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 08:31 AM   #6

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lewis View Post
I had planned to travel for several months, perhaps even going to Alaska. But early last week while in the Portland area I decided to get away from the coast. I wanted to stay for two weeks in Hell's Canyon, just to wait it out and see what happens. But Idaho Power closed its campgrounds on the Snake River, nixing that plan. Other campgrounds could close, I thought. And they did.

So I headed home: six days in a row, about 500 miles per day. After gassing up at a Pilot in Wichita Falls, Texas, I went into the adjacent Wendy's to get lunch. It was take-out only-- chairs were inverted onto the table tops and a line of chairs was in front of the counter to keep people from getting too close to the staff. The manager told me "I've managed several restaurants in my career, including some large ones, but this is my first apocalypse."

Stay safe, everyone. We'll get through this.
Hi: Mike Lewis... I've managed home stays before... but this ones a "Killer". Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 08:39 AM   #7

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
I'm also headed home. I had reservations at a couple of Tennessee state parks, hoping to avoid going back to NY for at least a couple of weeks, but they are closing as of Friday. Here is hoping I can find a couple of overnight breaks on the way to upstate NY!
Old 03-26-2020, 10:14 AM   #8

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilye View Post
I'm also headed home. I had reservations at a couple of Tennessee state parks, hoping to avoid going back to NY for at least a couple of weeks, but they are closing as of Friday. Here is hoping I can find a couple of overnight breaks on the way to upstate NY!
We did Cracker Barrel for two nights on our rush home last week, the second one had reduced hours and take out only but the gift shop and restrooms were accessible.
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 10:25 AM   #9

DENVER – Mesa Verde National Park has become the second national park in the state to close in an effort to stop the relentless spread of coronavirus in Colorado. (Rocky Mountain NP was the first.)

The closure of Mesa Verde National Park includes the main park road and all loop roads,

No projected reopening date.
Old 03-26-2020, 10:43 AM   #10

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
40,000 people in new york have signed up as volunteers, mostly health professionals. this includes 6000 mental health professionals who will provide free phone/online help. It is very heartening to see people stepping up like this.
Old 03-26-2020, 12:13 PM   #11

Hint!!!

Hi: All... Keep a distance, don't tailgate!!! Alf
Old 03-26-2020, 01:05 PM   #12

Trailer: 2011 Escape 17B
Talking Interim Trailer Name?

My husband had BIG PLANS this year for an extended camping and fishing trip. Having retired, he had purchased his dream truck, a 2019 GMC SIERRA 3500HD / Duramax Diesel with an 8' box and mounted his boat loader for his new quad to fit under. Plus this tow is a lot bigger than our previous Tacoma so some slight adjustments had to be made to hitch up our 17B. Basically, this is the most expensive Non-trip ever! I was thinking at this point, our "Fire Escape" may need a temporary name change to the "Wee Stay Inn" - pardon the double-entendre!
LBaranyai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 03:51 PM   #13

Trailer: Decisions, decisions
Smile

Single man w/TP seeks single woman w/hand sanitizer for good clean fun.
Old 03-26-2020, 04:55 PM   #14
Bea

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Neil Diamond sings “Sweet Caroline” with updated lyric for safety during Covid-19 outbreak. Stay safe out there! -Bea

https://youtu.be/sPLgsV_Ms3Q
Bea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 06:24 PM   #15

More closures.
Glen Canyon National Recreation Area.

https://www.desertusa.com/dusablog/g...-covid-19.html
Old 03-26-2020, 08:27 PM   #16

Trailer: 2014 17B;2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBaranyai View Post
My husband had BIG PLANS this year for an extended camping and fishing trip. Having retired, he had purchased his dream truck, a 2019 GMC SIERRA 3500HD / Duramax Diesel with an 8' box and mounted his boat loader for his new quad to fit under. Plus this tow is a lot bigger than our previous Tacoma so some slight adjustments had to be made to hitch up our 17B. Basically, this is the most expensive Non-trip ever! I was thinking at this point, our "Fire Escape" may need a temporary name change to the "Wee Stay Inn" - pardon the double-entendre!
Hi there, over the years I’ve seen and enjoyed your “FireEscape” posts. Let’s hope you get to hitch p-up and hit the road to embark on that BIG PLANNED trip.

We’ve been fully retired for the past few years and have a several years of lots of trips in our “rear viewed mirrors”. I truly hope you both will be able to hit the road when it’s safe.

Right now we have to stay in place and it sucks. I learned a new phrase yesterday coming from the military world used when things go to ****. EMBRACE THE SUCK embrace and get through the suck .... in hopes things may get better on the other side
LarryandLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 07:44 AM   #17

Trailer: Decisions, decisions
Unhappy We have met the enemy and he is us.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN21E1C9
Old 03-27-2020, 08:14 AM   #18

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Sounds like human nature to me.
Old 03-27-2020, 08:35 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
Sounds like human nature to me.
Hi: padlin... I had no idea when I planted so much garlic last fall that it would be handy to have. Won't have to worry about "Social distancing"!!! Alf
Old 03-27-2020, 11:26 AM   #20

Adapting to the times.

https://www.latimes.com/business/sto...virus-business