getting bored - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-28-2020, 07:27 PM   #41

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
Well, I used two methods for the shelves, but am getting there. I'm ready for plywood. Made a dumb mistake of going to 18" on the first side without thinking about ripping the plywood and waste. So second side is 16".

I left the one set of wire shelves up because a) they were a big pain to put up and b) they are a little wider than I was doing but will clear the trailer, I think.

First side- I used what looked like a great method, where you build front and back and then move the front out and put in your cross supports. Well, that was a royal pain and did not work very well. Not a one person job at 8 feet long. (The lowest shelf there is going to rest on the foundation but I haven't put in the other supports yet.). I could try 24s but I think they will work fine without notching.

Second side, I built half a ladder and then mounted it on the wall. Did all four then added fronts, except the top half shelf I did the whole box first and then mounted it. That side isn't quite 8 feet. Shown is only one front vertical as the rest will go in after the plywood. That side is set for 16" shelves so that I can get 3 out of one piece of plywood. The short one can be a cutdown of one of the 18s from the other side. Bottom shelf is higher so my shop vac and a few other things can sit underneath it.

Not so bored... tomorrow I'll go to Home Depot and let them rip the plywood. (Did I mention how happy I am to have a truck? I love my Ridgeline.)

The back garage door is not blocked on either side and I've almost doubled my shelf space without the unsightly plastic shelf units.
Attached Thumbnails
General idea but wrong....jpg   ready for boards.jpg  
Bobbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 07:39 PM   #42

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbie54 View Post
Well, I used two methods for the shelves, but am getting there. I'm ready for plywood. Made a dumb mistake of going to 18" on the first side without thinking about ripping the plywood and waste. So second side is 16".

I left the one set of wire shelves up because a) they were a big pain to put up and b) they are a little wider than I was doing but will clear the trailer, I think.

First side- I used what looked like a great method, where you build front and back and then move the front out and put in your cross supports. Well, that was a royal pain and did not work very well. Not a one person job at 8 feet long. (The lowest shelf there is going to rest on the foundation but I haven't put in the other supports yet.). I could try 24s but I think they will work fine without notching.

Second side, I built half a ladder and then mounted it on the wall. Did all four then added fronts, except the top half shelf I did the whole box first and then mounted it. That side isn't quite 8 feet. Shown is only one front vertical as the rest will go in after the plywood. That side is set for 16" shelves so that I can get 3 out of one piece of plywood. The short one can be a cutdown of one of the 18s from the other side. Bottom shelf is higher so my shop vac and a few other things can sit underneath it.

Not so bored... tomorrow I'll go to Home Depot and let them rip the plywood. (Did I mention how happy I am to have a truck? I love my Ridgeline.)

The back garage door is not blocked on either side and I've almost doubled my shelf space without the unsightly plastic shelf units.
Very Nice Bobbie ! Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 07:42 PM   #43

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
A lot of space now for your "stuff"....
Old 04-28-2020, 08:59 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Very Nice Bobbie ! Pat
I love organizing everything and a place for everything ! Pat
Old 04-28-2020, 09:23 PM   #45

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
I love organizing everything and a place for everything ! Pat
And the truth is somewhere between Pat and Jim! Stuff, and some organization.

I plan to go through everything before it gets stored again. You know how when you move, and you carefully sort through things to keep and things to get rid of, and then the crunch comes and the last few drawers just get emptied into boxes and packed? I have a couple of those. But I'm going by the "it has been sitting there unused for four years" plan and stuff I haven't missed is going to be gone soon. I already gave away my old bicycle and bike trailer and a few other odds and ends and will get a few more things gone before I'm done.
Bobbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 10:31 PM   #46

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
Looks real nice, Bobbie.
Old 04-28-2020, 10:48 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbie54 View Post
And the truth is somewhere between Pat and Jim! Stuff, and some organization.

I plan to go through everything before it gets stored again. You know how when you move, and you carefully sort through things to keep and things to get rid of, and then the crunch comes and the last few drawers just get emptied into boxes and packed? I have a couple of those. But I'm going by the "it has been sitting there unused for four years" plan and stuff I haven't missed is going to be gone soon. I already gave away my old bicycle and bike trailer and a few other odds and ends and will get a few more things gone before I'm done.
Pat
Old 04-29-2020, 06:50 AM   #48

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Has anyone noticed the time change? We used to plan things weeks ahead, even months. Now there are only 3 days, yesterday, today, and tomorrow. The future disappeared.....??