2023 Pricing - Page 11 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-22-2022, 02:11 PM   #201

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
I've been places a few times where one of that type have pulled in. Instant magnet for gawkers. Owners are generally understanding that folks would love to inside and had an "open house". In a way a little surprising, but given the cost, maybe not, but the interiors I've seen have been on the level of a fine yacht. Quite a contrast to the utilitarian exterior.

Strange times. A friend now wants to buy an Escape. I told him that he'd be better off looking for a used Casita in the US. Those prices are also way up but at least there's some available.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2022, 04:22 PM   #202
Site Team

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21C, NTU April 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
Strange times. A friend now wants to buy an Escape. I told him that he'd be better off looking for a used Casita in the US. Those prices are also way up but at least there's some available.

Ron
There appear to be more used Escapes around now than last winter. ETI's Pre-Owned page has had six or so every week for a while now.
Old 10-22-2022, 04:53 PM   #203

Trailer: 19 Escape, arrived March 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffreyG View Post
Top paid public employee in a majority of states is a football coach. America is a non-serious country.
So true. So many misplaced priorities.

really true.
thunderworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2022, 12:42 PM   #204

Trailer: Past time to update- canceled my 5.0 ��
I love a 5.0 at a price I think they’re worth. This was Plan B for me, because I thought it would be cheaper than Plan A. Not so anymore. I cancelled my order because:

-I don’t feel the quality and components used are worth the asking price.
-No reasonable price lock in. I wouldn’t even mind if they had a limited percentage increase as long at ETI had a reasonable %, which was locked in when initial deposit was paid.
-long, long wait time for their most popular trailer
-I’ve seen increasing build issues mentioned here, and for every single issue posted here, there are probably 10 we will never know about. Like serious build issues including wiring and quality of fiberglass work.
-cost/benefit/build analysis became unbalanced.
-1 year very limited warranty, which is pretty meaningless for US customers.

I went back to plan A. Ordered a Chevy 3500 built to my specs, price is locked in. Ordered a Northern Lite 9.6 truck camper built to my specs, price locked in.

Plan A is more expensive short term, but I got excellent prices on both products and price gap between Plan A and B has become negligible. I’m currently in a van for the past 5 years, full timing, so I have winnowed down my load and like to travel lite. I boondock and/or focus on free camping or low cost camp spots when I’m not working. During work, I sleep in the hospital parking lot. I prefer to avoid campgrounds and a 4WD will get me to more places so I can stay out longer.

I like that people are commenting about why they are cancelling or continuing with their purchase. Everyone has a different needs and reasons. I don’t like that a few here always seem to need to judge and/or belittle other peoples ideas and decisions.
Deva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2022, 12:53 PM   #205

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deva View Post
I like that people are commenting about why they are cancelling or continuing with their purchase.
Thanks for sharing your rationale. It sounds like you landed in a spot that works well for you. Best of luck and safe travels.
Old 10-27-2022, 02:38 PM   #206

Trailer: 2012 E19
At the moment there are 4 used 19'ers on ETI's website; the rest are sold or "sale pending".
Old 10-27-2022, 06:55 PM   #207

Trailer: 2021 5.0
Quote:
I love a 5.0 at a price I think they’re worth. This was Plan B for me, because I thought it would be cheaper than Plan A. Not so anymore. I cancelled my order because:

-No reasonable price lock in. I wouldn’t even mind if they had a limited percentage increase as long at ETI had a reasonable %, which was locked in when initial deposit was paid.
-I’ve seen increasing build issues mentioned here, and for every single issue posted here, there are probably 10 we will never know about. Like serious build issues including wiring and quality of fiberglass work.

I went back to plan A. Ordered a Chevy 3500 built to my specs, price is locked in. Ordered a Northern Lite 9.6 truck camper built to my specs, price locked in.

Plan A is more expensive short term, but I got excellent prices on both products and price gap between Plan A and B has become negligible. I’m currently in a van for the past 5 years, full timing, so I have winnowed down my load and like to travel lite. I boondock and/or focus on free camping or low cost camp spots when I’m not working. During work, I sleep in the hospital parking lot. I prefer to avoid campgrounds and a 4WD will get me to more places so I can stay out longer.

I like that people are commenting about why they are cancelling or continuing with their purchase. Everyone has a different needs and reasons. I don’t like that a few here always seem to need to judge and/or belittle other peoples ideas and decisions.
Wow, you really broke down your distain for Escape, and what a bad deal it is.

Do check back in someday and let us know more about how your better purchase has worked out.
Ooshkaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2022, 07:15 PM   #208
Site Team

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21C, NTU April 2022
Quote:
. . . I went back to plan A. Ordered a Chevy 3500 built to my specs, price is locked in. Ordered a Northern Lite 9.6 truck camper built to my specs, price locked in.

Plan A is more expensive short term, but I got excellent prices on both products and price gap between Plan A and B has become negligible. . .
You didn't say what the prices were, but I'm guessing (looking at RVtrader) that a new Northern Lite 9.6 would be maybe $60k, and a new Chevy 3500 about the same, so that's $120k. However, you could buy a bumper-pull Escape for $40-50k, and tow it with your van.

Yes, if you were determined on an Escape 5.0 fifth wheel, you might need a new pickup, which would put you in the same range as your Option B. And, as you say, they are available sooner.

But, to quote you, "Everyone has a different needs and reasons." Yep.
Old 10-27-2022, 08:00 PM   #209

Trailer: 2017 19 foot sold, 2022 21C
Quote:

Wow great setup! Northern lite is the top of the line for truck campers and I thought about getting one when I was looking in 2017 decide on an Escape 19 instead for a couple reasons. I also agree with your comments on a small number of form members. Has anyone ever noticed how few females post on this form? I belong to numerous other fiberglass forms and have no hesitation on posting, this one not so much
diannelgraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2022, 08:02 PM   #210
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by diannelgraham View Post
Has anyone ever noticed how few females post on this form? I belong to numerous other fiberglass forms and have no hesitation on posting, this one not so much
Yep, I've noticed most of the females have migrated to the Facebook group.....
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2022, 08:09 PM   #211

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLynn View Post
You didn't say what the prices were, but I'm guessing (looking at RVtrader) that a new Northern Lite 9.6 would be maybe $60k, and a new Chevy 3500 about the same, so that's $120k. However, you could buy a bumper-pull Escape for $40-50k, and tow it with your van.

Yes, if you were determined on an Escape 5.0 fifth wheel, you might need a new pickup, which would put you in the same range as your Option B. And, as you say, they are available sooner.

But, as you say, "Everyone has a different needs and reasons." Yep.
I really wanted the 5.0, have never been interested in a bumper-pull for myself, although I like the actual layout of the 21C. But what you’re not taking into account is that I’d be waiting at least 18-24 months for a 5.0 and what would the prices be like then? 60-65,000 US dollars? So, that was a factor in my decision as well.
Old 10-27-2022, 08:21 PM   #212

Quote:
Originally Posted by diannelgraham View Post
Wow great setup! Northern lite is the top of the line for truck campers and I thought about getting one when I was looking in 2017 decide on an Escape 19 instead for a couple reasons. I also agree with your comments on a small number of form members. Has anyone ever noticed how few females post on this form? I belong to numerous other fiberglass forms and have no hesitation on posting, this one not so much
I post on other blogs regularly too, not about fiberglass campers, but about other interests I have and there is a marked difference in the general atmosphere. Here, there’s some intolerance if you stray from the expected opinions, and those one or two who think they are the know all and be all. But for the most part people here are very helpful and I’ve learned a lot. I started looking at Escape in 2017 I think, or right about the time they were being sold to the current owners. I wish, like many people have already said, that I had bought then. Unfortunately, it was a time of upheaval for me and financially I wasn’t sure I wanted to take on a new camper and new truck. Plus, I didn’t know if or how things would change under new ownership. I’m always a day late and a dollar short, it seems.
Old 10-27-2022, 08:23 PM   #213

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
I did send Northern Lite an email about 7 pm last night enquiring about the Boreal trailer that is no longer on their web page. Within a few minutes I received a reply that it has been put on hold at this time.
Their campers are a great product but it amazes me that people will pay such a high price for them, way more than an Escape and there is no frame, axles etc.
Attached Thumbnails
74683640-5460-4A0F-8E7A-463E5CDF1CD1.jpg  

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2022, 08:25 PM   #214

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Reasons

When folks reach out and post that they want an Escape Trailer new or used, they often have
“deal breaker” wants and they often have a finite budget number in mind.

We did not have any preconceived notions when we bought the 19 in 2013. The first positive was that it was wide enough that we could pass each other in the trailer and second the queen bed was plenty roomy for us.

Then we started camping with it.
We visited great places all over America and in several Canadian provinces.

But most importantly, better than the furnace, the AC, tow ability and even the big crawl over bed, are the friends we made as we traveled especially at the rallies. People we corresponded with on this and the Fiberglass forum, people who came to our home to see our trailers and the storage we built for them

I thought that when I retired and didn’t have a work family any more I would watch my friends from work and friends from school and the old neighborhood take their first and last Cadillac ride to the park with all the cut stones.

So making new Escape friends has been the finest selling point and benefit of trailer ownership. Thanks to all of you who have stopped by to say Hi for a minute and stayed an hour (or more). Just like I posted a while back, “To paraphrase the old Honda 50 scooter advertisement: You Meet The Nicest People When You Camp With Escape Owners.

The trees have lost most of their leaves here, and the daylight has dwindled down to a precious few.
Scarlet Oak
Quercus coccinea
Iowa Dave
Attached Thumbnails
4F9DFDE7-E09C-4C71-B18A-A880DF8AE236.jpg  
Old 10-27-2022, 08:33 PM   #215

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
For us Canadians we are lucky that KV Capital still allows Escapes to be built in Canada unlike Campion Boats they also own and moved out of the country this last year.

I will be very surprised if both Escape and Northern Lite are still here in Canada in 10 years time. I am sure the price will be near the same market price in the new location but they will be making more cream on the top for themselves.

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2022, 08:55 PM   #216

Trailer: 2017 21c Sold, 2023 Bigfoot 25RQ
I would agree the intolerance and rudeness has been rising on this forum. Too bad. My philosophy as always been to share and help with experiences and to garner knowledge. But that’s the way of the world these days.
oldwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2022, 09:05 PM   #217

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggscape View Post
I did send Northern Lite an email about 7 pm last night enquiring about the Boreal trailer that is no longer on their web page. Within a few minutes I received a reply that it has been put on hold at this time.
Their campers are a great product but it amazes me that people will pay such a high price for them, way more than an Escape and there is no frame, axles etc.
Well, if you get the top of the line10.2 LE, they are quite pricey. I was able to order a 9.6 without all the doodads- I don’t need or want a TV, Microwave, etc. I was able to option in extra solar, dually brackets, and an A/C. Everything else I needed is standard. I didn’t have to “upgrade” the oven/cooktop, didn’t have to pay extra for a U shaped dinette, and I won’t have to pay to register it, or worry about purchasing tow equipment, etc. I took all that into consideration. The only thing I wish they offered was a compression fridge. I really don’t want an absorption fridge, but that’s life. The RV dealer I went to offered me a very fair price and it was less than the 5.0 would cost me optioned the way I want it. Plus, NL offers a 6 year warranty. But comparing TT’s and truck campers is like comparing apples and oranges. I still think fiberglass is the way to go, whether it’s a towable or totable!
Old 10-27-2022, 11:29 PM   #218

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooshkaboo View Post
Wow, you really broke down your distain for Escape, and what a bad deal it is.

Do check back in someday and let us know more about how your better purchase has worked out.
....Sincerely - Boodude
Old 10-28-2022, 08:18 AM   #219

Trailer: 2021 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
....Sincerely - Boodude
How Facebook of you…

I find the lack of consideration by these disgruntled new owners of other camper brands deplorable.
Doubt someone is tearing down their campers on the sites for their new choice. What would drive someone to do this on a site specifically for Escape. On and on, just post your decision and go enjoy your new camper choice.

The lack of compassion by these people not to consider those who are driving on their way to pickup or are coming back with their campers. How about those who are right now making a payment on their trailer that they’ve invested so much in. The fun, and work of working on your build sheet. And don’t forget the money and effort being put in on modifications.
All to have someone carry on and on what better choices they’ve made by not getting an Escape.

USA had a article about some companies rushing their production to the point pure crap is coming off the line, I would rather go through the wait and get a quality build.

It’s not just inflation affecting the base line of Escape trailers but they’ve made improvements to their product. Many of which I believe came straight from some people on this site. These much appreciated upgrades also add to the trailer cost.
Ooshkaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2022, 08:20 AM   #220

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
There is reason why I'm on my 5th new Escape.....