Customer supplied sinks - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-05-2022, 10:59 AM   #21
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
I got them to do this with my 5.0TA as I was doing a custom galley. Even now, I would imagine they would accommodate this, or did you ask and get a no?

I fully understand it not being a standard option.
Yeah, but you need to remember who owned the company when you bought the trailer....
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 06:36 PM   #22

Trailer: 2012 E19
The single-handle faucet design overtop that sink is important to me, because (I assume) one can get it set to a particular hot-cold mix for desired temperature and leave it in that position. Trying to rinse dishes with a 2-knob setup is such a pain, I have to hold the object with one hand and that leaves only one hand to control a knob: either the hot or the cold, no in between.

Now, I wonder if ETI will delete the bathroom sink in favor of a single-handle shower control? It would be an improvement IMO.
Old 04-05-2022, 06:59 PM   #23

Trailer: 2022 Escape 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike G View Post
I would like a larger sink, but I wouldn't want to shop for one and have it sent to ETI. So I'm happy if they are going to standardize the 'large sink' option with a particular one.

That's how I feel too. I had originally planned on sending a larger sink to Escape, but none of the five options seemed that great, and all were also very expensive to ship. It didn't make sense to me to spend upwards of $400 for a slightly bigger sink.

So I've ordered the trailer with the standard sink, and will install a larger sink myself once I receive the trailer.
hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 09:48 PM   #24

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by hugh View Post
That's how I feel too. I had originally planned on sending a larger sink to Escape, but none of the five options seemed that great, and all were also very expensive to ship. It didn't make sense to me to spend upwards of $400 for a slightly bigger sink.

So I've ordered the trailer with the standard sink, and will install a larger sink myself once I receive the trailer.
We did the same. Considered the larger sink. Looked at the overall cost and decided against doing it and maybe installing myself when we got the trailer home. I have since noticed what looks like a different location on the counter top for the faucet itself depending on which alternate sink is installed. A larger sink might leave you with a hole that can’t be used or covered. I didn’t want to start a project where the solution would be worse than the problem. We have been happy with the standard sink and usually have a collapsible tub inside to do dishes and then dump into the toilet.
Jwinfrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 10:20 PM   #25

Trailer: 2021 Escape 21NE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwinfrey View Post
We did the same. Considered the larger sink. Looked at the overall cost and decided against doing it and maybe installing myself when we got the trailer home. I have since noticed what looks like a different location on the counter top for the faucet itself depending on which alternate sink is installed. A larger sink might leave you with a hole that can’t be used or covered. I didn’t want to start a project where the solution would be worse than the problem. We have been happy with the standard sink and usually have a collapsible tub inside to do dishes and then dump into the toilet.
Collapsible sink: Your 2.25 gallon/8.5 liter option, two for $20.99, use it inside or out.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VF44XFS...t_details&th=1
DGLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 10:40 PM   #26

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGLP View Post
Collapsible sink: Your 2.25 gallon/8.5 liter option, two for $20.99, use it inside or out.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VF44XFS...t_details&th=1
Your link showed up as a purchase we made. Lol, those are the ones we use.
Jwinfrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 10:13 AM   #27

Trailer: Escape 21 & Jeep GC 5.7 (Previous 2012 Casita FD17 & 2010 Audi Q5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike G View Post
Trying to rinse dishes with a 2-knob setup is such a pain, I have to hold the object with one hand and that leaves only one hand to control a knob: either the hot or the cold, no in between.
I had to laugh at myself as I was reading this and nodding my head in agreement about what a pain double-handled faucets are because then I started thinking about when we scooped fresh snow-melt out of glacial tarns while backpacking so we could heat it on a Svea stove.

"And we liked it!", as the punchline goes.

Nowadays I am liking my auto-dimming mirrors, rain-sensing wipers, all that good stuff that makes life a little easier. I don't know if I deserve it, but I like it!

I had my doubts about the little sink in the Escape, but figured I could change it out if myself it was too much of a problem. It hasn't been.

I suspect that a great part of the difficulty with installing different sinks at the factory relates to making up the plumbing connections. The ABS and the PEX tubing used for the drain and supply are both basically rigid, so they have to be configured from below to target the different drain and supply locations on each unique sink.

I have always used a PVC drain trap and braided supply tubing for the final makeup connections when I plumb sinks. Like the auto-dimming mirrors and rain-sensing wipers, it just makes things a little easier, and I like that!
Old 04-13-2022, 10:51 AM   #28

Trailer: 2015 Casita Spirit Deluxe
We are in the process of completing the configuration process. When we asked about the option of a customer provided sink we were told that they only accept one customer provided sink, this one from Houzer:

https://houzersink.com/product/quart...bar-prep-sink/

I ordered it and it has already been delivered to ETI.
Smjayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2022, 11:24 AM   #29

Trailer: 2017 19 foot sold, 2022 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smjayhawk View Post
We are in the process of completing the configuration process. When we asked about the option of a customer provided sink we were told that they only accept one customer provided sink, this one from Houzer:

https://houzersink.com/product/quart...bar-prep-sink/

I ordered it and it has already been delivered to ETI.
This sink is 2 inches smaller in width and length then the Houzer 100 which was one you could supply. I also noticed this sink only comes in light colors where I have the larger Houzer in black in my 21C. Maybe they where having too many cosmetic installation issues with the darker colored sinks and went to this model instead. I’m just glad I got to pick the size and color for the overall decor match for my trailer.
diannelgraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2022, 11:34 AM   #30

Trailer: 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by diannelgraham View Post
This sink is 2 inches smaller in width and length then the Houzer 100 which was one you could supply. I also noticed this sink only comes in light colors where I have the larger Houzer in black in my 21C. Maybe they where having too many cosmetic installation issues with the darker colored sinks and went to this model instead. I’m just glad I got to pick the size and color for the overall decor match for my trailer.

??

Believe that link is the Houzer E 100 - available in darker colors (Midnite)
7Gentex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2022, 11:58 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Gentex View Post
??

Believe that link is the Houzer E 100 - available in darker colors (Midnite)
??
The link goes to the quartzstone series not the 100.
Old 04-13-2022, 12:18 PM   #32

Quote:
??
The link goes to the quartzstone series not the 100.
Yep, Quartztone series, of which the E-100 is a choice. (see below)

What "larger" Houzer sink are you referring to? Link please....

ETI supplied approved choices attached below as well. E-100 is one of them.

Quartztone Series

Granite Dual Mount Bar/Prep Sink

Model# E-100-CLOUD
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Escape-approved-sinks (2).pdf (128.8 KB, 77 views)
Old 04-13-2022, 07:40 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Gentex View Post
Yep, Quartztone series, of which the E-100 is a choice. (see below)

What "larger" Houzer sink are you referring to? Link please....

ETI supplied approved choices attached below as well. E-100 is one of them.

Quartztone Series

Granite Dual Mount Bar/Prep Sink

Model# E-100-CLOUD
ETI no longer has an approved sink list except for the one the OP listed. And unless my IPAD has become possessed your link is bad.
Oh and have a swell day
Old 04-13-2022, 08:02 PM   #34

Quote:
ETI no longer has an approved sink list except for the one the OP listed. And unless my IPAD has become possessed your link is bad.
Oh and have a swell day
That was not intended as a link - just info.

And yes, ETI no longer has an approved sink list - but that was their list of approved sinks.

And, I have a black (midnite) Houzer E-100 in my 21C (same as the OP's link)

But, the question, which you have not answered, remains:

What sink are you referring to as being "bigger"??