Really Escape? - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-01-2022, 10:43 PM   #1

Trailer: Escape Trailer 21NE 2022
Really Escape?

For more than three months, I have been planning on picking up my 21NE on April 14. I was told three weeks ago it was complete and out in the yard needing only to be cleaned up, washed and waxed. Today, an email came from Sharon in customer service saying the trailer has no awning and they can't get a date from the vendor as to when one might be available, and my pickup date can't be confirmed. No apologies. No let me get back to you Monday with more information. Nothing. When I complained about the cost and inconvenience to undo plans already made, Sharon reminded me of their policy to confirm two weeks prior to pickup. Does Escape really think people can drive from Anchorage to Sumas (a five-day trip) and be able to make plans within a two-week window? I have no idea what this delay means. I do think this is akin to going to pick up your new vehicle and the dealership saying, "oop, no steering wheel. Don't know when we can get one of those in."
chesaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 11:32 PM   #2

Trailer: 2017 19 foot sold, 2022 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by chesaka View Post
For more than three months, I have been planning on picking up my 21NE on April 14. I was told three weeks ago it was complete and out in the yard needing only to be cleaned up, washed and waxed. Today, an email came from Sharon in customer service saying the trailer has no awning and they can't get a date from the vendor as to when one might be available, and my pickup date can't be confirmed. No apologies. No let me get back to you Monday with more information. Nothing. When I complained about the cost and inconvenience to undo plans already made, Sharon reminded me of their policy to confirm two weeks prior to pickup. Does Escape really think people can drive from Anchorage to Sumas (a five-day trip) and be able to make plans within a two-week window? I have no idea what this delay means. I do think this is akin to going to pick up your new vehicle and the dealership saying, "oop, no steering wheel. Don't know when we can get one of those in."
Unfortunately supply chain issues are really bad and they have been for many months in all aspects just look at new vehicles or lack of them. I’m thinking Escape was hoping they could complete your trailer on time but looks like something out of their control is stopping that. Mine was delayed in late December because of staffing issues because of covid. I really feel for all companies trying to keep their customers happy right now it’s almost impossible.
diannelgraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 12:25 AM   #3

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Sorry to hear this. Is it possible to pick up the trailer without the awning? Then when it comes in Escape can have it shipped to an RV service center near you and you can have it installed? I know this isn’t an ideal scenario but it seems silly to cancel long held pickup plans for an awning.
Old 04-02-2022, 12:37 AM   #4

Trailer: Past time to update- canceled my 5.0 ��
Wow, not sure why they would tell you it’s “complete” when it’s not. Seems like they made an error and are now trying dodge the responsibility. I totally understand delays related to supply chain, but why would they call to tell you it’s complete when it’s obviously not..? I think I would be upset about that, too.
Deva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 02:00 AM   #5

It's not that I expect perfection. It's the frustration and disappointment. It's the many months of waiting for the trailer. It's the hours of planning for this event, right down to finding out yesterday my dear 6-year-old dog has liver cancer and is dying, and begging the vet to find time to euthanize him before I leave. It's just everything, and now an overlooked awning is the reason it's not happening as planned. Maybe Escape will have some ideas on Monday.
Old 04-02-2022, 02:03 AM   #6

I'm hoping they have some more information and ideas on Monday. I even suggested perhaps taking an awning off one of the showroom models. We will see. For now, all plans for pickup are off.
Old 04-02-2022, 02:07 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by diannelgraham View Post
Unfortunately supply chain issues are really bad and they have been for many months in all aspects just look at new vehicles or lack of them. I’m thinking Escape was hoping they could complete your trailer on time but looks like something out of their control is stopping that. Mine was delayed in late December because of staffing issues because of covid. I really feel for all companies trying to keep their customers happy right now it’s almost impossible.
I think it got overlooked because if it was supply chain they would have communicated something before this late date, or you would hope they would. It's frustrating and disappointing, that's for sure, and happening just when I have received some terribly sad news. I just feel done in.
Old 04-02-2022, 02:09 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
Sorry to hear this. Is it possible to pick up the trailer without the awning? Then when it comes in Escape can have it shipped to an RV service center near you and you can have it installed? I know this isn’t an ideal scenario but it seems silly to cancel long held pickup plans for an awning.
I'm hoping on Monday to talk with Escape and get some clarification on the delay and what might be done.
Old 04-02-2022, 02:17 AM   #9

Trailer: Past time to update- canceled my 5.0 ��
Quote:
I'm hoping on Monday to talk with Escape and get some clarification on the delay and what might be done.
I hope that Monday finds a solution to the issue. I’m sorry about your dog. I’m a dog owner, too. It’s terrible when we have to let them go. Wishing you peace and calm in the midst of all this emotional upheaval.
Deva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 02:57 AM   #10

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
The company where I work, every vehicle we build right now has a part shortage. Companies do their best. Sorry your trailer isn't the only one they are working on.

My friend has been waiting for his new custom ordered F150 for a year now. We had an anniversary celebration lunch for him here at work. (he ordered a very specific option sheet)
Old 04-02-2022, 07:23 AM   #11

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I'm sure, being you are a native Alaskan, that you are used to supply issues in your every day life..... Escape Trailers albeit closer to you is no different than any other US manufacturer obtaining needed parts for manufacturing. Picking up your new trailer is exciting, as I have done it 4 times already and #5 is soon to happen again, but like the weather, world events, and your own health, plans can change overnight!
Old 04-02-2022, 07:32 AM   #12

Trailer: 2022 E19 Escape
awning

I hate to hear this. We have a 19 that is complete and ready to ship?
We were told it will ship about the 14 of April. Waiting for final instructions. We only received 5 pictures and they were early in the build. No awning in those pictures. No emails either.
KenS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 07:38 AM   #13

Trailer: 2015 Esc 21. Formerly, Casita LD (16 & 17)
Hi, Mary. I feel your pain. When we picked up our 21, way back in 2015, we had been on the road (from Texas to Sumas) for several days when we were notified that we wouldn't be able to get the hitch we had ordered. There were other options available, so it's different than your awning situation, but we wondered why they waited until 3 days before our scheduled pick up to notify us of the change... and it meant going with something we had previously rejected.

Anyway, I also am so sorry about your pooch. Our 5 yr old sweetie has complex kidney issues and we may be following in your footsteps on this one. (Will find out more tomorrow.)

Best wishes.
Old 04-02-2022, 08:04 AM   #14

Trailer: 2021 Escape E5.0; 2021 F150 PowerBoost
I am sorry it happened to you but it has happened to a lot of us. Unfortunately it is allowed to continue over too long time.

No one expects ETI to conjure up the out-of-stock parts using a magic trick and supply chain problems are known. What one does expect is clear and timely communication in scenarios where the delivery might be impacted. If required parts are missing and anticipated but not guaranteed for delivery, an indication to the customer can help. I know they need to do something to get there but it is an important consideration.

The fact is that in today’s camping availability environment, we need to make campground reservations well in advance to have any chance of securing availability. So, delays such as this cost money and hassle for the customer. People who are picking up from far away, e.g. the OP, are affected the worst. When we picked up last year, we had already committed a good deal of money to various campgrounds along the way (partly as we took a circuitous route back) well before the pickup was confirmed. We also had to secure leave from work to ensure our own availability. We’d have been very badly affected in the scenario the OP encountered but we were lucky. ETI was out of ACs but we were informed about the possible options and chose to drop it well in advance.

I am sorry this happened to the OP. I would strongly consider having ETI prep the camper for the installation of the awning and have it shipped later.
kavm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 08:04 AM   #15

Trailer: 2022 E19
Very sorry to hear about your trailer issues and about your dog.
Do you mind me asking if you ordered the standard or the power awning? Not that it helps your issue but I'm also wondering if awnings are different lengths for each model of trailer.
Fender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 08:15 AM   #16

Trailer: 2022 E19
This doesn't help the situation either but I wonder if ETI is forced to make a decision on which trailer gets the awning (or fridge, stove or whatever) based on if the trailer is being delivered or being picked up.
Whereas a delivery order has a truck and driver booked there could be financial consequences if ETI is forced to cancel the delivery. At the very least the trucking company wouldn't be happy if this happened often.
Fender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 08:20 AM   #17

Trailer: "Side Effect" 2022 21C
We are/were installing a large project on a military base on Monday. Followed up with the factory multiple times over multiple weeks, including multiple times this week alone and was assured it was shipping Friday (For Sure).

Received a call from their sales manager Friday morning. Not shipping for another week!

Poor communication from a factory is not the fault of the customer. Everybody likes to use the old "Supply Chain" as the new excuse for poor communication.
WillyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 08:50 AM   #18
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Thread has been cleaned up. Please refrain from unhelpful and hurtful comments. The OP is understandably frustrated about their trailer not being ready when projected. Helpful comments are always welcome.
Old 04-02-2022, 08:51 AM   #19

Trailer: 2021 5.0
Quote:
It's not that I expect perfection. It's the frustration and disappointment. It's the many months of waiting for the trailer. It's the hours of planning for this event, right down to finding out yesterday my dear 6-year-old dog has liver cancer and is dying, and begging the vet to find time to euthanize him before I leave. It's just everything, and now an overlooked awning is the reason it's not happening as planned. Maybe Escape will have some ideas on Monday.
Escape was more than likely given a commitment date from the supplier, it fell through for any number of reasons.

Maybe you could look at this as an opportunity to step back from your pickup plans and take this as an opportunity to handle some stresses in your life. Escape isn’t going to be charging you storage so you’re good there. This could give you time to be in the moment with your dog in its short time left, putting them down is no fun… Take the time to clear some things up and make the trip to pickup your camper a pleasant one, setting up for a positive experience on this trip and the future with your camper.
Ooshkaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 08:51 AM   #20

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Thumbs up

Thanks Robert.....