Really Escape? - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-11-2022, 10:23 PM   #61

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
What works for you-a push button awning? I bet the free storage box I suggested works too, eh? They don't do that anymore, FYI.
Old 04-12-2022, 06:32 AM   #62

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
What works for you-a push button awning? I bet the free storage box I suggested works too, eh? They don't do that anymore, FYI.
The free one is on my 2022 build sheet, the unit is in production now, "No charge, returning customer"
Old 04-12-2022, 09:24 AM   #63

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f...ted-22246.html

Great- now it seems ETI discriminates; otherwise why do some returning customers get a free storage box and others do not?
Old 04-12-2022, 10:35 AM   #64

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f...ted-22246.html

Great- now it seems ETI discriminates; otherwise why do some returning customers get a free storage box and others do not?
Volume discount?

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 01:59 PM   #65

Trailer: 2022 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
Volume discount?

Ron
Buy 5 escape trailers, get the 6th one free.
splitting_lanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 02:52 PM   #66

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
My order, albeit for 2022 was initiated in May2021, a full year before completion.
Old 04-12-2022, 04:31 PM   #67

Trailer: E 21 2019 Tow Vehicle: 2019 4Runner Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deva View Post
I lived in Florida for almost 40 years. No body of water is safe from gators. I had a friend whose son-in-law was working with some others to clear out a small lake of water hyacinth in their subdivision. There was a group of men, which were splint into two men teams in waders with a large canoe between them to load up with pulled plant life and when it was full, take to the shore for pickup and disposal. My friends son-in-law was at the front and went around a bend out of site and was never seen again. They had dive teams called in, no luck. Finally ended up dragging the lake and all they found was his foot still in his boot. Be careful out there.
Really? What year was that? From the Florida Times-Union....

Outforia reports that, "The likelihood of a Florida resident being seriously injured during an unprovoked alligator incident in Florida is roughly only one in 3.1 million."
Telescopist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2022, 08:08 AM   #68

Trailer: Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telescopist View Post
Really? What year was that? From the Florida Times-Union....

Outforia reports that, "The likelihood of a Florida resident being seriously injured during an unprovoked alligator incident in Florida is roughly only one in 3.1 million."
Statistics can be decieving, as the main factors are location, location, location. The majority of the FL population live in the sprawling cities and suburbs, many miles from water that houses any sigficant numbers of wildlife. Others, like those of us who live on the nature coast, live in very rural wetlands areas. Our next door neighbor is the Flying Eagle Perserve. This is a huge preserve with large numbers of pigs, coyotes, bobcats, bear, and we even have seen a FL panther. There are more snakes and gators than people. When out on the lake at night and pointing a light at the shoreline, all you see are "eyes". A 8 ft gator took an adult deer on the shoreline behind our home a couple of months ago. We went out seeing the incident, hearing the ruckus in the water and the deer screaming. Poor thing didn't stand a chance and that deer was a lot faster & stronger than a human.
Those kinds of statistics don't work in this location. It's not a great idea for a person to get in the water or not be cautious on these shorelines. This is not to say gators are chasing us down the street. Gators mostly fear humans, as they are hunted and on the menu at many restaurants, locally. However, Gators can be opportunistic & will grab an easy meal or protect a nest & young.
Jack! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2022, 07:59 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack! View Post
Statistics can be decieving, as the main factors are location, location, location. The majority of the FL population live in the sprawling cities and suburbs, many miles from water that houses any sigficant numbers of wildlife. Others, like those of us who live on the nature coast, live in very rural wetlands areas. Our next door neighbor is the Flying Eagle Perserve. This is a huge preserve with large numbers of pigs, coyotes, bobcats, bear, and we even have seen a FL panther. There are more snakes and gators than people. When out on the lake at night and pointing a light at the shoreline, all you see are "eyes". A 8 ft gator took an adult deer on the shoreline behind our home a couple of months ago. We went out seeing the incident, hearing the ruckus in the water and the deer screaming. Poor thing didn't stand a chance and that deer was a lot faster & stronger than a human.
Those kinds of statistics don't work in this location. It's not a great idea for a person to get in the water or not be cautious on these shorelines. This is not to say gators are chasing us down the street. Gators mostly fear humans, as they are hunted and on the menu at many restaurants, locally. However, Gators can be opportunistic & will grab an easy meal or protect a nest & young.
I wonder what you think is "deceiving" about the statistics I provided? If as you claim a victim of an alligator attack was only left with a shoe, can you source the
documentation for that horrific attack? Here is another list of all attacks for the last 6 decades. Is your connection on this list?
Old 04-13-2022, 08:28 PM   #70

No politics here please.
Old 04-13-2022, 08:52 PM   #71
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Yep, NO politics. I've edited a couple of posts.

Seriously, can't everyone just stay on topic. PLEASE.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 07:39 AM   #72

Trailer: Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telescopist View Post
I wonder what you think is "deceiving" about the statistics I provided? If as you claim a victim of an alligator attack was only left with a shoe, can you source the
documentation for that horrific attack? Here is another list of all attacks for the last 6 decades. Is your connection on this list?
I did not make any claims about a shoe or any human victim.
My point is statistics might make someone feel safe to get in the water but knowing what wild life in the water at a location is more reliable. No one gets into the water around our location.
Jack! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 08:07 AM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Yep, NO politics. I've edited a couple of posts.

Seriously, can't everyone just stay on topic. PLEASE.
I appreciate the fact that you have taken on the important job of guarding the Escape Forum portal from the introduction of political comments. Mine, I would argue was more in the way of an example of how alternative facts can create a secondary reality.

I'm wondering if I had quoted Mark Twain instead of former Counselor to the President Madam Conway I would have been censored. Twain wrote, in referencing not only the propensity for humans to be duped by unfounded rumors, etc. but the contemporary political situation (in his time) : "It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled."