Customer supplied sinks - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-02-2022, 04:07 PM   #1

Trailer: 2017 19 foot sold, 2022 21C
Customer supplied sinks

There are either 4 or 5 Escape approved customer supplied sinks. Karl just announced in the March Q&A they are having a lot of problems with the supplied sinks. He didn’t go into detail on what the issues are but did say very soon Escape will offer a larger sink as an option and do away with the customer supplied option. If your build sheet has been signed off they still will accept your sink but it sounds like any new builds will either have the small standard sink or the Escape larger sink as an option.
diannelgraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 05:13 PM   #2

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
The standard sink has been fine in my past 4 Escapes, just remember the larger sink will consume more water........
Old 04-02-2022, 05:21 PM   #3
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
The standard sink has been fine in my past 4 Escapes, just remember the larger sink will consume more water........
You've said this over and over and I'll say it does NOT. A person has the choice to ADD a smaller tub inside the larger sink and can wash from that, rinse to the side and then carry the tub outside to empty, if desired.

What a larger/deeper sink does, is help prevent water from going everywhere! Up the wall, on the window or blind, all over the counter, on the floor, on ME and on and on and on. I absolutely love a deeper, bigger sink. I often just use soapy wash water in the biggest item I'm going to wash and use that. In eight years, I've never used the sink stopper and filled the sink to wash dishes. I can't imagine anyone would....
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 05:34 PM   #4

Trailer: 2017 19 foot sold, 2022 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
You've said this over and over and I'll say it does NOT. A person has the choice to ADD a smaller tub inside the larger sink and can wash from that, rinse to the side and then carry the tub outside to empty, if desired.

What a larger/deeper sink does, is help prevent water from going everywhere! Up the wall, on the window or blind, all over the counter, on the floor, on ME and on and on and on. I absolutely love a deeper, bigger sink. I often just use soapy wash water in the biggest item I'm going to wash and use that. In eight years, I've never used the sink stopper and filled the sink to wash dishes. I can't imagine anyone would....
That’s exactly what I do. I love the bigger deeper sink that I supplied for my 21C. And I personally don’t care for aluminum sinks
diannelgraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 07:15 PM   #5

Trailer: 2021 E19 (Padawan)
We opted for a larger sink. It’s not much deeper, but it’s wider for ease and bigger dishes. It’s a Blanco Stellar, and it’s not cheap, but works great for us.
brroberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 07:24 PM   #6

Trailer: 2022 E19
Maybe a suppier driven change

(Repost / updated)

I wanted a larger sink so I ordered this Ruvati Parmi: (left pic)
Nice rounded / radius edge

The unannounced / unpublished / un-advertised "new style" larger flange Parmi was delivered to ETI from Amazon, CA. (right pic) Big / ugly "corner cut" flange for undermount.

Nope, not gonna cut it.............Houzer going in instead.
Attached Thumbnails
Before turning Counter Extension at door.jpg   IMG_1243.jpg  
7Gentex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 10:09 PM   #7

Trailer: 2022 21C, our second Escape
Our standard sink in the new 21C (Feb. 2022) is awkward. It has the same length and width as the previous standard sink in our 2020 Escape but the corner radiuses are bigger making the whole thing now too small for the typical RV mini sink tub that I used before. I can barely fit my salad bowl in it to wash. Replacing the sink is the first/only improvement I want to make to the Escape.
Small but Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2022, 08:48 AM   #8

Trailer: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Gentex View Post
(Repost / updated)

I wanted a larger sink so I ordered this Ruvati Parmi: (left pic)
Nice rounded / radius edge

The unannounced / unpublished / un-advertised "new style" larger flange Parmi was delivered to ETI from Amazon, CA. (right pic) Big / ugly "corner cut" flange for undermount.

Nope, not gonna cut it.............Houzer going in instead.
Exactly what we did. Momma so happy
Old 04-03-2022, 09:18 AM   #9

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Different needs for different users.

I don't mind a bit deeper but prefer to give not up counter space. Not the easiest to achieve with what is out there. Most dishes are done outside anyway, as we go camping for the outdoors.

Here is a photo of our sink. It works good for us, though is a bit bigger that we really wanted, but I did look around a lot and quality was a big part of the choice.

Click image for larger version

Name:	5.0TA Galley2.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	348.7 KB
ID:	61876
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2022, 09:39 AM   #10

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Thumbs up

That is a nice looking kitchen set up......
Old 04-03-2022, 09:46 AM   #11

Thanks, we are loving it.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 04-03-2022, 02:50 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by diannelgraham View Post
There are either 4 or 5 Escape approved customer supplied sinks. Karl just announced in the March Q&A they are having a lot of problems with the :supplied sinks. He didn’t go into detail on what the issues are but did say very soon Escape will offer a larger sink as an option and do away with the customer supplied option. If your build sheet has been signed off they still will accept your sink but it sounds like any new builds will either have the small standard sink or the Escape larger sink as an option.
To me this is just one more step towards “ if we don’t offer it “ to bad “ just like the stick builds. Sign of the times
Old 04-04-2022, 11:00 PM   #13

Trailer: 2012 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockhead View Post
To me this is just one more step towards “ if we don’t offer it “ to bad “ just like the stick builds. Sign of the times
I would like a larger sink, but I wouldn't want to shop for one and have it sent to ETI. So I'm happy if they are going to standardize the 'large sink' option with a particular one.
Old 04-05-2022, 05:51 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike G View Post
I would like a larger sink, but I wouldn't want to shop for one and have it sent to ETI. So I'm happy if they are going to standardize the 'large sink' option with a particular one.
Very valid point. But several customers included myself want /need something nicer. There are several as indicated that they love the stainless look . For me look too much like a what one sees in a restraint. We just like the nicer look. Either way one get the sink they are happy with so a win win ……I guess . Still miss the more receptive days of the past
Old 04-05-2022, 09:16 AM   #15

Trailer: 2023 E19
I can understand how managing multiple several customer-supplied sink options would be a logistics and manufacturing headache. It seems perfectly reasonable to me to standardize the sink offering by making two different sizes available. I imagine that this approach would satisfy the vast majority of customers.

However, I'm surprised that ETI doesn't offer a sink/faucet delete option....with no countertop cutout and the water/drain lines supplied under the cabinet, but capped. Maybe even supply the faucet assembly shipped loose. I wouldn't think that it would be too difficult to support from a manufacturing perspective. Any customers who were unhappy with the factory options could then arrange to install any sink they wanted after delivery.
Selkirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 09:21 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selkirk View Post

However, I'm surprised that ETI doesn't offer a sink/faucet delete option....with no countertop cutout and the water/drain lines supplied under the cabinet, but capped.
I got them to do this with my 5.0TA as I was doing a custom galley. Even now, I would imagine they would accommodate this, or did you ask and get a no?

I fully understand it not being a standard option.
Old 04-05-2022, 09:30 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
I got them to do this with my 5.0TA as I was doing a custom galley. Even now, I would imagine they would accommodate this, or did you ask and get a no?
I didn't ask...but didn't see the option on the "Easter Egg" list either. I just thought it would be simple, low cost, and manufacturing-friendly option that would address the concerns for those who really wanted a very specific sink.

Personally, I think the standard sink/faucet will be fine for my needs.
Old 04-05-2022, 09:42 AM   #18

Quote:
I didn't ask...but didn't see the option on the "Easter Egg" list either. I just thought it would be simple, low cost, and manufacturing-friendly option that would address the concerns for those who really wanted a very specific sink.

Personally, I think the standard sink/faucet will be fine for my needs.
I know this was in one of my many conversations with Reace, but I know he was not wanting too many options listed. While they did offer lots, he preferred more one-off items to be suasion ordered, and even these he was reducing. He even told me no to some of my requests. [emoji16]
Old 04-05-2022, 10:32 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
I know this was in one of my many conversations with Reace, but I know he was not wanting too many options listed. While they did offer lots, he preferred more one-off items to be suasion ordered, and even these he was reducing. He even told me no to some of my requests.
I work in the manufacturing industry. We mass-produce highly-customized, moderately high-value product. I suspect that ETI is slowly transitioning from relatively low-volume, hand-built, and largely craft-based manufacturing methodology (something like Armadillo or Trillium Outback might employ) to a more standardized/efficient/automated/process-based manufacturing model that can sustain higher volumes. I know first-hand just how challenging it can be to accommodate the high level of customization that ETI offers within this type of system.

It's certainly possible to support customization in this kind of environment with good (and costly) process design. However, I can understand why Reace previously, and now the current management need to say "no" to certain requests. My guess is that amount they would need to invest in the process to properly support five different custom sink options just can't be justified.
Old 04-05-2022, 10:41 AM   #20

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
Quote:
I didn't ask...but didn't see the option on the "Easter Egg" list either.....
Just for folks following this .... IMO once you are actually in your final build-sheet discussions you should never hesitate to ask your ETI build-sheet coordinator about any and every customization or deletion you might like on your build.

YouTube announcements, 'published' option lists, and 'easter egg lists' notwithstanding, things are always changing, the answers may be case-specific depending on other options you exercise, the 'worst' that can happen is you are politely declined.

The real 'worst case' is failing to get something you would like just because you didn't ask.

Don't be shy about asking for anything specific and timely to your actual build!

Just for your consideration, Have Fun!