Really Escape? - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-02-2022, 08:53 AM   #21

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooshkaboo View Post
Escape was more than likely given a commitment date from the supplier, it fell through for any number of reasons.

Maybe you could look at this as an opportunity to step back from your pickup plans and take this as an opportunity to handle some stresses in your life. Escape isn’t going to be charging you storage so you’re good there. This could give you time to be in the moment with your dog in its short time left, putting them down is no fun… Take the time to clear some things up and make the trip to pickup your camper a pleasant one, setting up for a positive experience on this trip and the future with your camper.
So true, "the glass is not 1/2 full, it is only 1/2 empty" philosophy.....
Old 04-02-2022, 09:28 AM   #22

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fender View Post
Very sorry to hear about your trailer issues and about your dog.
Do you mind me asking if you ordered the standard or the power awning? Not that it helps your issue but I'm also wondering if awnings are different lengths for each model of trailer.
Yes awnings are different lengths for each trailer model (maybe with the exception of the 21C and 21NE that would be the same based on body length)
Old 04-02-2022, 11:34 AM   #23
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
I know a lot of times people don't care about the issues of others, but this is what's happening in my area for a sticky manufacturer.

"Well we are bummed. Our new 25RDS titanium trailer has not been delivered to the dealer yet. In late February we heard the build was complete with a few missing parts. No ETA. Then we heard the missing part was the dinette cushions. Well okay deliver it to the dealership and have them do their prep. We can get the cushions later. NO, we don't do that. About 2 weeks ago we heard the cushions were in. But the dealership had not received the unit yet. My husband had an archery tournament close by Thompsons RV (our dealer). He peeked in their lot and found the Vin number before ours and the one after. Where is ours? Well they don't necessarily deliver in VIN number order. Yesterday I contacted the factory and it is not even in their shipping lot yet because it is still missing a door. They got some doors in but the person answering did not know if one of the doors was destined for our trailer or not. Still no ETA. Now wondering why the trailer after ours got a door and we didn't. Not fair! So we canceled our pick up appointment and scheduled again 3 weeks later. My husband had to rearrange his days off with his work.This is getting pretty frustrating. It's been nearly 9 months. Very hard to wait the extra approximately 2 months for parts."
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 11:47 AM   #24

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Heard a trucker describe his frustration. His truck broke down and he had to wait a week for parts to repair it. He couldn't work until the truck was fixed. He's losing income and can't haul parts for equipment used in other industries. The manufacturer of the parts for his truck can't get supplies he needs to make the parts.

It's not simple.
Old 04-02-2022, 12:00 PM   #25
Bea

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
We are very sorry to hear of this, too. Asking ETI to uninstall an awning from one of their current showroom model trailers and put it on yours is probably where I would start but if they decline, then I would consider asking them about some of these possibilities:

Option A: Come to Sumas as planned and ask them to prep your trailer for the awning (either for the manual or electric, whichever you chose) and then ask them to ship the awning to you when it arrives, free of charge to you, of course. Then request to have a pre-approved work order for the installation of it at some sort of RV service center near you in Anchorage. May help to do a little homework and try to find a place now that does this kind of work and give ETI this contact info for this workorder.

Option B: Come to Sumas as planned and ask them to prep your trailer for the awning, and see if they would hold your awning for you. Then plan another trip down to ETI in a few months or even next year to have it installed at a later date. Perhaps you could plan to come to the Escape Rally next year in 2023 in May at Osoyoos and since you would be 'in the neighborhood' have it installed then? In the meantime, a pop up shade could work in it's place?

Option C: Come to Sumas as planned and ask them to prep your trailer for the awning and then ask them for a refund for the awning and plan to install one on your own later. There are other brands out there that would work just as well. I asked for a different awning when my trailer was being built and they said no, so I would be been tempted to nix the awning and go with another brand, myself, like https://www.carefreeofcolorado.com/p...oof-mount.html or the wall mounted one?

Option D: Cancel your upcoming trip and spend more time with your sweet dog, if you can. Again so sorry that you have to go through this while you mourn this precious loss. If you do this then plan a trip down to Sumas later on and pick up a fully complete trailer with awning intact and maybe you'll have a more relaxing trip home??

Not sure if these ideas helps, but best wishes to you at this time. - Bea
Bea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 03:06 PM   #26

Trailer: 2021 Escape 21NE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bea View Post
We are very sorry to hear of this, too. Asking ETI to uninstall an awning from one of their current showroom model trailers and put it on yours is probably where I would start but if they decline, then I would consider asking them about some of these possibilities:

Option A: Come to Sumas as planned and ask them to prep your trailer for the awning (either for the manual or electric, whichever you chose) and then ask them to ship the awning to you when it arrives, free of charge to you, of course. Then request to have a pre-approved work order for the installation of it at some sort of RV service center near you in Anchorage. May help to do a little homework and try to find a place now that does this kind of work and give ETI this contact info for this workorder.

Option B: Come to Sumas as planned and ask them to prep your trailer for the awning, and see if they would hold your awning for you. Then plan another trip down to ETI in a few months or even next year to have it installed at a later date. Perhaps you could plan to come to the Escape Rally next year in 2023 in May at Osoyoos and since you would be 'in the neighborhood' have it installed then? In the meantime, a pop up shade could work in it's place?

Option C: Come to Sumas as planned and ask them to prep your trailer for the awning and then ask them for a refund for the awning and plan to install one on your own later. There are other brands out there that would work just as well. I asked for a different awning when my trailer was being built and they said no, so I would be been tempted to nix the awning and go with another brand, myself, like https://www.carefreeofcolorado.com/p...oof-mount.html or the wall mounted one?

Option D: Cancel your upcoming trip and spend more time with your sweet dog, if you can. Again so sorry that you have to go through this while you mourn this precious loss. If you do this then plan a trip down to Sumas later on and pick up a fully complete trailer with awning intact and maybe you'll have a more relaxing trip home??

Not sure if these ideas helps, but best wishes to you at this time. - Bea
Great ideas. Very helpful. We too have lost a dog to liver cancer and can understand the heartache. This may be a bit off topic, but it appears that many Escape owners are dog lovers so I’d like to pass along some information about a form of liver disease that is more likely to affect specific dog breeds including Labrador Retrievers. Our current dog, a Labradoodle, has been diagnosed with this disease. Here is some information to keep in mind if your dog loses his or her appetite and weight suddenly, and loses energy:

Linus was diagnosed with hepatitis in early October based on his liver enzymes. It was suspected that he had copper storage disease, which is due to an excessive amount of copper in the liver. The copper accumulates and cannot be excreted properly without treatment.

We then had a needle aspiration biopsy done of his liver. It was recommended that he have a section of his liver removed for analysis, which would involve a major surgery. The analysis would be done to determine the extent of copper in the liver. If a specific degree of copper had accumulated, we would then have the option of treating him with a chelating agent, which would bind to the copper and extract it. After considering the risks/cost versus benefits, we placed him on a prescription low-copper diet (Hills Prescription Diet L/D) and he is currently taking medications, which were also prescribed by his vet - prednisolone and Denamarin. He has gained weight and is more energetic with the meds and new diet. We will continue to see how he does using this approach. His liver enzymes have fluctuated up and down but he’s doing well.

Copper-storage disease (also known as copper-associated chronic hepatitis) can be hereditary.

After the diagnosis was made, we contacted the breeder. The breeder responded, indicating that copper toxicosis came up and a few of their pups has passed away from it. They thought the labradoodles carried the gene. However, after doing genetic testing specifically for copper toxicosis, they found that the sire, a standard poodle, is a carrier of 1 copy of the mutant gene so they retired him. Based on the company that did the testing, he was the first standard poodle with this mutant gene. The breeder indicated that they would inform all the other families with a dog bred from that standard poodle. Unfortunately, the breeder did not inform us when they discovered this information.
DGLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 11:50 AM   #27

Trailer: Escape Trailer 21NE 2022
Escape apologized. I am now hopefully scheduled to pick up the trailer in about a month. They won't charge me for the extra time in storage, and the apology went a long way with me to making things right.
chesaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 12:13 PM   #28

Trailer: Past time to update- canceled my 5.0 ��
Quote:
Originally Posted by chesaka View Post
Escape apologized. I am now hopefully scheduled to pick up the trailer in about a month. They won't charge me for the extra time in storage, and the apology went a long way with me to making things right.
Happy to hear they apologized and are not charging you a storage fee for what seems to be their error. Again, very sorry about your dog. I hope your trailer pick up goes smoothly and you have no other issues.
Deva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 12:34 PM   #29
Site Team

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21C, NTU April 2022
Quote:
Was someone at ETI reading this thread? Just curious. This is not an official Escape site, but I wonder if they monitor it.
Old 04-05-2022, 12:48 PM   #30

Trailer: Escape Trailer 21NE 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fender View Post
Very sorry to hear about your trailer issues and about your dog.
Do you mind me asking if you ordered the standard or the power awning? Not that it helps your issue but I'm also wondering if awnings are different lengths for each model of trailer.
It was the standard awning.
chesaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 02:38 PM   #31

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by kavm View Post
No one expects ETI to conjure up the out-of-stock parts using a magic trick and supply chain problems are known. What one does expect is clear and timely communication in scenarios where the delivery might be impacted. If required parts are missing and anticipated but not guaranteed for delivery, an indication to the customer can help. I know they need to do something to get there but it is an important consideration.
Absolutely. Others have noted that ETI may have expected to receive the awning in time, and now realize that they won't, but that should have been communicated.

Quote:
... I was told three weeks ago it was complete and out in the yard needing only to be cleaned up, washed and waxed.
This was either an outright lie (I hope not), or an internal communications error turned "there is no awning installed and we don't even have one to install" into "complete and out in the yard needing only to be cleaned up, washed and waxed". ETI should investigate this, after resolving the resulting delivery issue.

If ETI can install the awning at this point, so can anyone else. ETI should offer to deliver the trailer on schedule, deliver the awning to the owner's home or nearby RV service business when it is available, and pay for the installation. That's the obvious solution, and it might be worth considering even if the owner has to pay to the installation.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 05:00 PM   #32

Trailer: 2022 E19 Escape
Awning

We just received the bad email also. Our trailer was in holding pattern after being complete. Now we are being delayed for an awning. We were told awning is to be delivered the day our 19 was to be loaded on a truck. Hoping its only a few days.
KenS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 05:04 PM   #33

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
Sorry to hear this. Is it possible to pick up the trailer without the awning? Then when it comes in Escape can have it shipped to an RV service center near you and you can have it installed? I know this isn’t an ideal scenario but it seems silly to cancel long held pickup plans for an awning.
That's what they did for me but they told me at each step that it might be delayed because the awnings had not arrived. I elected to delay two weeks and then took delivery without it. (An option they offered.) They must have decided that cost too much. They should not have told you it was completely done when it wasn't.
Bobbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 07:30 PM   #34

Trailer: 2022 5.0 TA
Potential delay from awning

Annndddd, we just got the delay from no awning e-mail.

Glad I saw this thread a few days ago, so I was expecting it, sort-of.

Our email isn’t so clear though. The awning is supposed to come in 5 days before pickup, so I’m unsure if the message is it won’t be ready if the awning shows up, or if the awning gets delayed it won’t be ready. I think I’ll call.
splitting_lanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 09:55 PM   #35
Site Team

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21C, NTU April 2022
Back last December, when we almost bought an inTech Sol Horizon, inTech was having trouble getting their window blinds. They were shipping trailers with neutral black ones rather than the fancy multiple blinds they advertised.

And, the fellow that just bought our Casita told us that last year he had been trying to buy a Ford Transit, with the idea of converting it to a camper. But for seven months Ford wasn't shipping them, for shortage of chips. He gave up, and decided on a 'bumper pull', and quickly realized that molded fiberglass was the way to go.

So I wouldn't be too hard on Escape for the awning shortage. Where are they coming from? Time to make this stuff in the USA!
Old 04-05-2022, 10:03 PM   #36

Trailer: 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by splitting_lanes View Post
Annndddd, we just got the delay from no awning e-mail.

Glad I saw this thread a few days ago, so I was expecting it, sort-of.

Our email isn’t so clear though. The awning is supposed to come in 5 days before pickup, so I’m unsure if the message is it won’t be ready if the awning shows up, or if the awning gets delayed it won’t be ready. I think I’ll call.

If I may ask..........

When is pickup slated?

Mine is supposed to ship out on 4/14 - last pics I saw there was no awning on it.........(manual)
7Gentex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 10:18 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Gentex View Post
If I may ask..........

When is pickup slated?

Mine is supposed to ship out on 4/14 - last pics I saw there was no awning on it.........(manual)
We were going to pickup on 4/19. Yeah, same here, I saw the mount for the awning, but no awning in the build photos. We have the electric awning, and they said they were expecting it to come in on the 14th.
Old 04-05-2022, 10:24 PM   #38

Trailer: 2022 21C + 2021 F-150 PowerBoost 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by splitting_lanes View Post
We were going to pickup on 4/19. Yeah, same here, I saw the mount for the awning, but no awning in the build photos. We have the electric awning, and they said they were expecting it to come in on the 14th.
Wait, so you ordered the power awning and you might be impacted too?? I thought the video Escape put out on this said the manual awning mounting arms were causing the delay. I’m confused.
YakRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 10:37 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by YakRV View Post
Wait, so you ordered the power awning and you might be impacted too?? I thought the video Escape put out on this said the manual awning mounting arms were causing the delay. I’m confused.
I don’t know about the video, but it seems escape is having sourcing problems with both kinds of awnings. For their sake, I hope both versions don’t show up on the same day!
Old 04-05-2022, 10:39 PM   #40

Trailer: Past time to update- canceled my 5.0 ��
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLynn View Post
So I wouldn't be too hard on Escape for the awning shortage. Where are they coming from? Time to make this stuff in the USA!
I don’t think the issue is that people are “being hard” on Escape for the awning backlog. I think people are upset due to lack of, or very poor communication regarding this issue. There a big difference between these two issues: #1 Supply chain: Outside of Escape’s control and #2 Communication: TOTALLY within their control. I’ve seen many, many comments about Escape not being at fault for shortages, supply issues etc, when the ACTUAL issue is that Escape is not communicating (or very vaguely communicating) about the delays. Two. Different. Issues.
Deva is offline   Reply With Quote