I think I just got lucky - Price Increase - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-14-2022, 10:01 PM   #21

Trailer: Past time to update- canceled my 5.0 ��
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockhead View Post
Start calling them in the morning till you get a live person
Thanks to Reimj for posting that cancel link! I’ll also call in the morning.
Deva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 10:05 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craiger View Post
I have a tentative delivery date in the second week of August. I have been waiting for this price increase knowing it's coming. It will be a group of people that for number of reasons will backout and others will move up. I have been watching this dance for 18 months. :
There’s nothing better that realizing that another’s loss is your gain. Smile on! I hope you get your trailer very soon!
Old 06-14-2022, 10:39 PM   #23

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deva View Post
There’s nothing better that realizing that another’s loss is your gain.
Facetious or not, that's uncalled for.
Old 06-14-2022, 11:21 PM   #24

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Centex View Post
Totally disagree sir!
Old 06-14-2022, 11:25 PM   #25

Quote:
You are certainly entitled to your opinion, sir.
Old 06-15-2022, 08:58 AM   #26
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Today's price for essentially the same rig as mine would be $44,396 USD. It was $28,300 when I bought it. That's a 57% increase.
Old 06-15-2022, 10:08 AM   #27

Trailer: 2017 21c Sold, 2023 Bigfoot 25RQ
Quote:
This reminds me of an old blues tune that we sing called 'I got Mine'. It's a small morality play. Sort of like Shakespeare on the delta. Subtleties will be lost on many, however.
oldwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 10:17 AM   #28

Trailer: "Side Effect" 2022 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldwave View Post
This reminds me of an old blues tune that we sing called 'I got Mine'. It's a small morality play. Sort of like Shakespeare on the delta. Subtleties will be lost on many, however.
WillyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 11:57 AM   #29

Trailer: 21
OUCH !!! Just priced out our 21 that we purchased back in 2018. $ 13K more now than back then
Old 06-15-2022, 12:51 PM   #30

Trailer: 2021 E19 (Padawan)
Back story:
To help with perspective. We visited ETI in 2012. Didn’t replace our Bigfoot camper with an Escape then. Bought a cheap used 18’ Forest River because it was available now, cheap, and 15 miles from our home. When it came replacement time again, we looked at some “better” small (less than 20’ long and 7’ wide) stickies. (Lance, Winnebago). Both were cheaper than ETI, but also had future delamination potential. We decided to wait on an Escape given the likely long term value.

The main point:
Since that purchase, the Lance and Winnebago models have gone up 25%, while the Escape has gone up 21%.

So, the increases are frustrating, and likely would have priced us out of an Escape, but are not out of line with the products we were considering.
Old 06-15-2022, 02:06 PM   #31

Trailer: 2023 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by brroberts View Post
Since that purchase, the Lance and Winnebago models have gone up 25%, while the Escape has gone up 21%.

So, the increases are frustrating, and likely would have priced us out of an Escape, but are not out of line with the products we were considering.
I've been monitoring the pricing from several other manufacturers that I was considering prior to deciding on an Escape....and have to reluctantly agree.

The new pricing is certainly pushing my comfort zone. However, I can still justify the investment since I'm buying with the long-term in mind. I plan to regularly use this trailer for the next 20+ years. There are very few competitors where I would expect that level of longevity at a similar price point.

What is most frustrating for me was not realizing the tremendous value that the prior pricing structure represented....and not moving forward with the decision to place an order a couple of years earlier.
Selkirk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 03:29 PM   #32

Trailer: 2018 -21-picked up in May 2019 / 2018 F 150 5.0
price increase

All RV's have been going up. I was looking at a Jayco back in 2018 before we bought our Escape and I am sure the ones we were looking at have gone up by close to 40%.
It's a tough time to buy right now unfortunately.
yangstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 03:33 PM   #33

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selkirk View Post
I've been monitoring the pricing from several other manufacturers that I was considering prior to deciding on an Escape....and have to reluctantly agree.

The new pricing is certainly pushing my comfort zone. However, I can still justify the investment since I'm buying with the long-term in mind. I plan to regularly use this trailer for the next 20+ years. There are very few competitors where I would expect that level of longevity at a similar price point.

What is most frustrating for me was not realizing the tremendous value that the prior pricing structure represented....and not moving forward with the decision to place an order a couple of years earlier.
I sure saved a lot by purchasing mine in 2017. I think I'm getting my money's worth - 949 nights in the trailer and 40,677.6 miles towed since April, 2017.
Old 06-15-2022, 04:22 PM   #34

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Chevy 2012 Express 3500 Van
I got mine

Ry Cooders version is what came to my mind.

And....I GOT MINE!!......Escape Trailer, that is, used, a 2016, now on its 3rd owner, back 3 years ago.

Dumb luck, back then, and dumb bad luck if you're ordering or wanting one, nowadays.

How can a poor man stand such times and live........also by Ry Cooder
HABBERDABBER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 07:16 PM   #35

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
There’s nothing better that realizing that another’s loss is your gain. Smile on! I hope you get your trailer very soon!
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
Totally disagree sir!
Quote:
You are certainly entitled to your opinion, sir.
That's like smiling because the car beside you got rear ended. Feeling lucky, yes. Smiling, no.

Every time this situation occurs it means someones dream has just crashed. Nothing to smile about.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 07:29 PM   #36

Trailer: 5.0 TA Delivered 4/7/22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selkirk View Post

I agree!... I knew I wanted an Escape... should have put a deposit down and tried to find a 5.0... Wasted 6 months losing small amount of trailers that come on to the market. Still happy with my purchase, delivered in April
Old 06-15-2022, 07:59 PM   #37

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
That's like smiling because the car beside you got rear ended. Feeling lucky, yes. Smiling, no.

Every time this situation occurs it means someones dream has just crashed. Nothing to smile about.

Ron
Apples & oranges Ron. You can bet when someone gets the email from Escape asking if they would like to move up the delivery date its usually high fives & yes smiling too.
Old 06-15-2022, 08:23 PM   #38

Trailer: 2022 21NE
I know I sure got lucky with the production date bumps...
Crazypill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 08:37 PM   #39

Trailer: Escape
Have trailer prices increased much faster than our expectations?I don’t even recognize the trailers compared to 12 years ago. More solar, bigger solar, bigger chargers, dc to dc chargers, high end stoves, mini split a/c, custom fabric, Formica, EMS, foot flushers, frameless windows, electric awnings, storage boxes and power jacks, outlets everywhere, compressor refrigerators, propane connections, special tables, 7.3 gas hogs. If someone proposes dropping an option they are talked out of it. I’m sure I’ve missed a few. Scratch the 15 and bring on the 23.

12 years ago I toured a teardrop camper factory. To commemorate some milestone they produced a stainless steel and leather model for US$50,000. The salesman told me they haven’t been able to find the top end of the market. Whatever they add people want it.
Viajante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 08:52 PM   #40

Trailer: 2021 5.0
While I do understand both lines of thought, sadness for those who will lose, then some who have expected, even anticipated their now gain. I myself am in the not surprised column.

The last few days I’ve been getting people ready for their rents to rise, and by quite a bit, more fun conversations yet to go. Property values going up mean higher insurance and taxes, utilities will rise-inflation hits housing operations at every turn.

A different trickle down is playing out, I will be passing these cost down the line. I’m not making any more money in raising rents, but if I have to lose or come close to breaking even, I will sell. Believe me the new owner will be charging way more in rents.

The real winner in all of this is the government.

There are right now people having to make hard choices in their lives…
Ooshkaboo is offline   Reply With Quote